Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rockers

Hey Daren,

The "s" at the back is really not at the back but more critical to be placed under the drivers center of gravity and Dave Rawson (Canada) taught me the formula and I have it written down somewhere for the required speed, weight and lift to raise the boat parallel to the water.

picture a straight line along the bottom from the aft (transom) as you move foward to the first rib would rise from 0 to 1/8" then to the next rib rise a 1/4" then to the next rib back to 1/8" and then to the next rib zero. drivers size weight and speed depends on where you start and finish it. This works but the key when Tim did this in his boats was the long decreasing deck line and the afterlanes to help draw the boat upwards when the proper calculations were met.

I hope this explains more. It may be more of a relief then an "s" but I refer to it as that. I do not use rockers in my boats espescially at the back, I feel it gives a false reading in our setups unless you know it's there.

I think that if we had 6' long angle checker then a rocker would be fine as you could setup more to the angle of the dead-rise and create the proper angle of attack to the deadrise.

I could be wrong but when I was reading the book that Ron Collins received with his entrop the deadrise was much further back in the boat and the torpedo tube was aligned perfectly with the deadrise angle which when measure would equate to about a 2.5" kicked in.

Regards,

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill
      Hey Daren us old guys fall out of the boat if it goes to fast.........lol
      well then George, we better create another "slower" class for you........didn't you fall out of your AX ride too?
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Yup Daren blew the AX over at the Nats but had help, its amazing how much more lift spray gives you when sombody chops in front of you going into a turn.......lol, went out of the B to testing the new boat first time I had it in the water
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill
          Yup Daren blew the AX over at the Nats but had help, its amazing how much more lift spray gives you when sombody chops in front of you going into a turn.......lol, went out of the B to testing the new boat first time I had it in the water
          must be due to that "S" bottom..............sheez George, I would hate to see you in a CSH......you might blow it over BEFORE the start line!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

beautiful boat
            89-F
            ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

Working...
            X