Favorite race site .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite race site .

What is yall guys and gals favorite race sites ? My personal favorite race site is Pineville Louisiana , my home water . That is where we do all of our testing , and it isnt but 5 minutes from my house . It has great pits and the surounding area has some of the best food you will ever eat ( TUNKS ) whiched is owed by some relatives of mine ( Jimbo Thiels ) LOL . Im sorry I mite be realated to him , but I dont have any conections with free food or even discounted food . LOL . But give it time , im trying to get a job there right now . But anyways , back to the subject , what is yalls favorite sites ?
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

depue il and jesup ga
    89-F
    ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

Camden, NC

Gone now - but Camden was super.

Second up: Denton, MD - short track racing!
      carpetbagger

Comment

Lake Buhlow in Pineville, Louisiana unless the temperature is 105 (with humidity to match) like it was one year at the Nationals.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

depue illinois...best place on earth to race boats!!!

amy

Comment

Big Rapids, MI (Brower Park)...good course, flat water (most of the time), easy access to the water, camping right across from your trailer. Great people. What more do you need?

Comment

Rainbow City, Alabama

Comment

2006 Winter Nat's.....

Originally posted by David_L6
                Lake Buhlow in Pineville, Louisiana unless the temperature is 105 (with humidity to match) like it was one year at the Nationals.
                this is the place scheduled for the 2006 APBA Winter Nat's in March...........looking forward to racing there!

hey David, this could be a good reason for you to get your Merc powered Cmod hydro back on the water........I will bring mine if you get your back together.......
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

can you say "TOP O MICHIGAN"??

Comment

Shadow Cliffs........

Pleasanton, Ca. Was a great race site, with a great campground and pit area, along with having a "different" triangular shaped race course. BUT, this course is now gone to (this year), due to those "*****y" neighboring houses and owners. I still cannot understand why these complaining home owners cannot live with a "little noise" for just one weekend a year. I suppose they would rather listen to the repetitive sound of jet skis going round and round for hours........

I think all these race courses should be "grandfathered in", that were there LONG before the housing developements...........
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Yelm, Washington - The first place I ever went to see a race. Great water usually (I liked the 1 2/3 mile course .) But the last few years the water level has been down and the smaller couses have been a drag.. But this year should be good! Also home of the Push Boat Nationals .

Pleasenton, CA - Large triangle course with good racing. Nice pit area and campground. It really is too bad the homeowners kicked us off the water, like Daren said, what's wrong with ONE weekend of noise for the whole year?
                      28-R

Comment

Alex

My vote is also for Pineville (Alexandria), LA. Great pits, great water, camping on site and a raised pavillion for spectators. From the official side of the site, you will never put on a race that is easier. Call Mary Lou at the Parks department, get on the calendar and send insurance. On race day you have the bathrooms opened, food cooking, an ambulance, city garbage pickup and clean up. The only drawback is racing there in the summer or a nationals on labor day. (AOF nationals saw 112!). October is good, and the APBA Winter nationals hosted by AOF will be the best one ever!!!
                        Well, maybe one more drawback; Pineville is a dry city and they will put you in jail if they see you in the parkwith a beer can. Need to bring those plastic cups.
                        Connie

Comment

Pineville/Alexandria Louisiana ranks as one of my favorites, but I have some new favorites after traveling some in the last few years. Whitney Point, New York is a beautiful place with great pits. Centralia, Illinois where the NBRA Nationals were held this year is a great place although the pits are not great the race water is as good as anywhere I have ever been. I also would agree with Rainbow City, Alabama. It is very centrally located to racing for the people who live other than the West Coast. I think a great race could be put on there that would involve a lot of stock and mod people. It is within 15 hours for nearly everyone I think.

Rick Miller
                          34-0

Comment

When is the next race at Rainbow City, AL? I have never heard of this course.

My favorite was Cape Coral, FL.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy
                              this is the place scheduled for the 2006 APBA Winter Nat's in March...........looking forward to racing there!

hey David, this could be a good reason for you to get your Merc powered Cmod hydro back on the water........I will bring mine if you get your back together.......
                              Are you trying to make me go into debt buying another C boat?

If you are going to bring your C Merc, I'll make sure that I have mine back together and ready to go. If we can get Kevin "MacAttack" McAfee and "Burnin'" Vernon Barfield to bring their C Mercs (don't know if Vernon still has a C boat or not) we'll have enough for a race without any Yamatos.

One condition though.... If the wind is blowing very hard, I ain't goin' out! I used to think that I could drive almost anything.... After wrecking the C boat I have now about 25% of the times I've raced it, I'm not so sure anymore. The boat turns as well or better than any boat I've ever raced, bar none. It's also about as predictable as a mad and confused woman if the water gets rough or if there is much wind. I liked my old '83 model B&H a lot better than the boat I have now. Sometimes I think the d@mned thing is out ta git me!

I don't know how Sam could make it look so easy? (After trying to drive this thing, I have no doubt that he's a better driver than I am!)

I do entertain the spectators better than Sam did though. But I slow down the schedule too......
                              Last edited by David_L6; 09-04-2005, 03:23 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X