Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Information

Hello All,

First I want to thank you all as I know Dorothy would for all the kind words and memories you have of Ron. This is very difficult time for Her and all that are close.

Memorial Information

Saturday July 16,2005
    Visitation from 1-2
    Service will follow

Dolittle Carson
    54 Coldwater St East.
    Orillia, Ont
    705-326-3595

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

can anyone tell me???

i just met ron via phone a few months ago when he purchased our j/a outfit for his granddaughter, can anyone tell me if he had the chance to see her run it before he passed, this man was so full of energy, and the drive to set her up in this!!!! god bless you ron kevin martin

Comment

The "A" outfit

Hello Kevin,

I do not think that Ron did get to see Jordan run the boat. Although I know he spoke of it quite a bit. He will hoepfully get to see her run it someday from the big grandstand up above. I am sure he will be watching all of us from time to time. I sure hope that he gives my "d" a little shove now and then when he thinks I need it.

Regards,
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Our deepest regrets and sympathy for the Collins family. Although i may not have known him quite as well as some of you may have, I'll always remember the stories of him from other racers. His memory will always live on with them.

The Knox Family
          Heather Knox #14CE

Comment

I met Ron personally last year when i started racing FEH . I had seen his displays at the Antique race boat events in Clayton for years. My condolences to his family. He will be missed.
            Wayne [dagiz] Izzo

Comment

My dear Papa

This is Ron's granddaughter Jordyn. I just wanted to say that my papa was a great guy. He always gave me great advice and gave me confidence in myself. He has inspired me in a way noone else has, to do anything in my life. My papa has great friends and family that will miss him dearly. Although he is not here with us he is watching over us and will always be in our hearts.. I miss u so much papa

Love Always and forever,
              Jordy-poo*

Comment

Ronald L Collins 1951 - 2005

Yesterday in Orillia Ontario family, friends, employees, and the outboard racing community said there final good-byes to Ron Collins. And as usual when Ron calls his pals to gather there was good old time rock and roll on the P.A. system in the funeral home and something you don't always hear at a funeral - laughter. Laughter at all the times we have spent together as friends of Ron Collins.
                As the service began the crowd settled down and when his best friend, Charlie Miller 13ce spoke of how to deal with this loss by smiling whenever memories of Ron came to mind, that your smile will be returned by those around you, there wasn't a dry eye in the overflow room at the funeral home. We'll get over your loss Ron as will your family and friends and we'll smile when we think of you big guy until our time comes. You gave us a lot to smile about.
                Following the service and internment we all went to Ron & Dorothys home where a big tent was sent up with oddles of food, sodas, beer and a large jug of Whiskey. Rons drink.
                As I sipped my whiskey and ate I began to look at the large picture board that had been set up dipicting Ron's life right up to the final days. A fitting tribute to a man who went out and grabbed life by the horns and didn't let go until God called him onto bigger things. Evidence of that was everywhere. His 66 (I think) Chev stepside pick-up, a 55 Chev Belair Nomad, an array of antique Mercury outboards to many to list, a mint Swift Hydroplane, parts all organized like surgical instruments in an operating room. And parked beside the garage his new motorhome and race trailer which as I mentioned before in this thread has the words printed on the rear "Come race with us".
                Well Ron I will race with you. With you in my mind.
                Whenever you lent me parts you said your welcome but don't pass me - follow me!!! And as hard as I tried I only passed you once, at Waterford two years ago, for my first first place finish and that happened because your motor let go. Your a tough act to follow. You set the bar high and we'll all be better racers for it as we reach for that bar.

Thank you Dorothy for the wake and the chance to say goodbye properly to Ron.

Jim Misener 53ce
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jim Misener; 07-20-2005, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Stackers & Mods at Rons tribute regatta welcome

The upcoming Canadian Outboard race at Deseronto Ont.
                  will be dedicated to Ron Collins for all he meant to us and Outboard racing.
                  Very fitting as the town wants as much noise as possible allowing the stackers, mods, to run. Ron wouldn't have loved that.

Comment

Remembering Ron

I first met Ron at Long Sault in Sept 2001, Gord McCrady
                    was announcing the race. My last race was 35 years ago
                    and Gord told me to have a look at a vintage collection
                    in the pits. I stuck my head in and Ron said to me, a
                    complete stranger, " come in and look around " I was
                    totally in awe of his collection and his trust.
                    One hopes that at this moment Ron is in his hydro
                    with the D Merc running perfectly, on smooth water
                    on a sunny summer day, with all of those racers that
                    have gone on before him, he goes through the turn
                    and heads toward the light. God speed Ron.
                    Regards Michael Rorke

Comment

Working...
                    X