APBA Mod Nationals Fiesta Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APBA Mod Nationals Fiesta Night

I have been asked to coordinate the party for Thursday night (Aug. 4) at the Mod Nationals. This will take place in the park area at the racesite. I would like to have several tables/sections set up from different clubs/regions serving whatever you'd like to provide. I think if we all pull together to do this, it would be a great party night and a lot of fun. Some examples could be: west coast:margueritas/mexican; Reg7:Lemmies/brats; IOAizza/beer,etc. We will have music & the legendary Franklin bonfire as well.

I know we have some time but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this.
    I am looking for clubs or entire Regions to help out. Please sign up here.

Thanks,
    Jerry Brewster
    TRORA
    Last edited by Brew56; 05-12-2005, 11:23 AM.
    www.trora.com

Does anybody know the format/schedule when we are going to race for the mod nationals. I don't need to know what races when, but when racing is going to start and end. I need to plan my schedule when to be there etc. The fiesta party sounds great. Maybe the guys in my area can contribute. I am pretty sure Ty Hebert from Louisiana will be there. I will try to talk him into cooking some cajun food. You all will enjoy that very much.

Rick Miller
    34-0

Comment

Who wants cajun food Rick? Why not something other than everyday groceries?
      Last edited by David_L6; 05-13-2005, 12:29 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Hey David Im glad your going to make there will finally get to meet you.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

George,

APBA Nationals are still a long shot for me. I would really like to make this one though because mod and stock aren't combined.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I hope the turnout is good for this nationals. The people behind the scenesand the club, are putting in a lot of work to make this a good event and the site is a great place. For those who attended the mod nationals in Alexandria, KY a few years ago made the event a very good one. And, the club and people involved in the Alex. mod nationals are, for the most part, the same people so this years nationals should be another good one. I hope all can attend. I may even have to break out the C merc for CMR again.
            Joe Silvestri
            CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
            JH/JR

Comment

In response to Rick's question.....Insured Testing(only) will be on Wednesday, Aug. 3rd. Racing will begin on Thursday and continue Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be used only as a "blow out" day. There will be a very nice picnic/luncheon Awards ceremony in the park Saturday afternoon once we're done racing.

The cajun food would be excellent! That's exactly what I was referring to....something unique to a particular area would be perfect.

Jerry Brewster
              www.trora.com

Comment

Yah sure

da Minnesota crew will bring da lutefisk dat would sure be pretty unique you betcha.
                Sven johnson

Comment

Mod Nats

Well Lets See What The Left Coast Mods Can Bring Or Do.
                  Richard J Bird
                  83-c Fer/feh
                  Mean Streak Racing

RICHARD J BIRD
                  TEAM
                  MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
                  THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
                  MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Originally posted by RICK BIRD
                    Well Lets See What The Left Coast Mods Can Bring Or Do.
                    Richard J Bird
                    83-c Fer/feh
                    Mean Streak Racing
                    how bout some carne asada?
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

In case you did not know

On its most basic level, Carne Asada is a marinated and grilled steak, sliced thin and served on tortillas. This “grilled beef” can be used however you want it, in tacos, burritos or served up straight. The basic method is to marinate most any kind of beef in a lime based marinade. Grill it over a hot fire and then slice into thin strips across the grain. But there is a whole lot more to it than that.
                      In Mexico and the American Southwest you will find that Carne Asada is the Mexican equivalent of a barbecue. I mean that in the party sense of the word. Traditionally a large fire pit is used to prepare this party but you can use whatever you have. Since everything is prepared over direct heat you don’t need a lid or a fancy grill. The cut of beef you use doesn’t need to be fancy either. In fact a fairly fatty cut will give you more flavor. Chuck, sirloin or round steaks work great for this. If you are planning on a big party and want to have plenty for everyone plan on about 1 pound of meat per person. Of course if you have lots of side dishes then cut back on the meat.

Marinating is not necessary but it will add flavor and tenderness to your meat. A good marinade for Carne Asada will have lots of lime juice, garlic, onion and black pepper. Of course other fruit juices work great as well, especially papaya which really makes meat tender since it is a source of natural tenderizers. You can add hot peppers to the marinade if you want but be careful you don’t over power the meat and make it too hot to handle. Don’t add salt to your marinade.

Ideally the meat should be cooked over a charcoal fire. Traditionally mesquite is used, or course. Wood chips in a smoker box will help, but nothing beats the authentic flavor of a real fire. When you get ready to grill you will want to have salt on hand. Use a good coarse salt and add some ***in, powdered garlic and whatever else you like to the salt. Shake it up good and keep it on hand. You want to grill over a good, hot fire. This dish cooks pretty quickly so have everything else out of the way when you start.

Place the meat on the grill and when the juices start to rise on the surface, sprinkle with the salt. When the salt liquefies on the surface flip the meat over and repeat. This seasons the meat as it cooks. Carne Asada is supposed to be on the salty side but this doesn’t mean that you need to drown the meat in salt. This sprinkling is also the reason you don’t want to use a marinade with salt.

Traditionally Carne Asada is grilled to well done. Most people who didn’t grow up eating this dish might find that a little hard to swallow so I usually work towards a medium. Once you have the meat grilled to perfection you will want to take it straight to a carving board. Cut the meat across the grain with a good sharp knife. The pieces should be thin strips. Keep the meat warm in a heavy pot with a lid. You don’t need to add heat but you want to hold in the heat you have.

Serve with warm tortillas and whatever fixings you prefer. A good Carne Asada taco would be topped with salsa, chopped red onion, guacamole, salt and lemon juice. Now that’s a taco. If you have leftovers, make enchiladas the next day. Oh, a serve with lots of your favorite cold beverage.
                      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Thanks PopPop ... now I'm real hungry and there goes my diet all to hell! You are now responsible for 1 mph shaved off my top end at nationals.

How do I print that receipe ... BBQ next weekend!

Comment

Now we're talkin'! Reading PopPop's post really got me hungry this morning. I sure hope he's at the Mod Nats. We may need him to at least oversee the Carne Asada if anyone takes on that recipe.

Rick, sure would like to sample some authentic west coast food. Sounds great. I'll have my Whitney Point fan club out there to sample!

Steve, not sure what lutefisk is but I'm willing to try it!

Keep the ideas coming guys....this could be one big fiesta with a lot of food from all over the U.S.....truely making it "The Nationals".

Jerry Brewster
                          www.trora.com

Comment

Doug - If you know how to copy and paste you can print out Pop Pop's recipe. If you don't please email me at JoBrewster@AOL.com and I will send the recipe in an email to you and you can print it out from there. JoBrewster

Comment

Does anyone out there know the stock nationals schedule. When do they start racing, testing, etc. Again trying to plan the trip for both if possible.

Rick Miller
                              34-0

Comment

Working...
                              X