X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Nationals Sanction has been approved

APBA Race Circular
    Sanction ID 1442

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regatta Modified Nat'ls & J Class NAC (see below)
    Date 2005-08-03 thru 2005-08-07
    Sanction Status Approved Region # 6
    Conducting Club THREE RIVERS OUTBOARD RACING ASSOCIATION Club# 86
    Co-Host Tom Rice 814-677-4677
    Application Date 2005-06-13 Approved on 2005-06-29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Place Franklin , PA Justus Lake

Directions FROM INTERSTATE 80: Route 8 North to Franklin, Route 322 West 1/2 mile to Route 417 North. Go 6.4 miles to Two Mile Run County Park entrance (right turn). Follow signs to pits. FROM NORTH: Interstate 79 to Route 322 East to Franklin. Route 417 North 6.4 miles to Two Mile Run County Park entrance (right turn). Follow signs to pits.

Accommodations Super 8 Motel 814-432-2101 Quality Inn 814-437-3031 Camping in pits for RV's and tents with fee.

MODIFIED OUTBOARD: NATIONALS - classes will test Wednedsay and race Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. J CLASS: JR, JH, ASXR, ASXH - NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS - classes will race Saturday. STOCK OUTBOARD: CSR, ASH, CSH, 20SSH - classes will run at the conclusion of Nationals and North American Championships as time permits.
    Format/Rules 3 laps of an approx. 1 mile course. NOT approved for records. TYPE OF START: Clock

Prizes Nationals and North American Championship classes - plaques for 1st thru 5th place. Stock classes - no prizes.

Registration Modified Nationals - Wednesday, 8/3 - 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Additional registration will be held for North American Championship classes and Stocks, Saturday - 7:00 to 7:30 a.m. All registrations will be held at the Pavilion in the pits.

Drivers Meeting Modified Nationals - Wednesday, 8/3 - 7:00 p.m. at the Pavilion in the pits. North American Championship classes and Stocks - Saturday, 8/6 - 8:00 a.m. in the pits.

Send Entries To DO NOT SEND
    Entry Fees Modified Nationals - $35.00 per class North American Championships - $17.00 per class Stocks - $27.00 per class North American and Stock fees include mandatory Region 6 Top Gun fee.

Officials
    AsstRef: PAUL C SUMEREAU 293 LAUREL ROAD NORTHPORT, NY 11768-3135
    Inspector: JOHN ROBARGE 50150 ARKONA RD BELLEVILLE, MI 48111-9604
    Inspector: JEFF WILLIAMS 2342 LINCOLN WAY FORD CITY, PA 16226-1523
    RaceDir: THOMAS RICE 124 CHARLTON ST OIL CITY, PA 16301-1468
    RaceDir: BRIAN WILLIAMS 3207 JOSLYN RD CLEVELAND, OH 44111-1562
    RaceDir: JERRY BREWSTER 4979 HAYES RD RAVENNA, OH 44266-3803
    RaceDir: GARY ROMBERG 45012 BYRNE DR NORTHVILLE, MI 48167-2802
    Referee: CHARLES GONYEA 67 SANTORO RD WORCESTER, MA 01606-1160
    RiskMan: RICH HASENFLUE 402 LEONARD ST AMHERST, OH 44001-2918
    Scorer: HARRIET THOMPSON 17 CARPENTER MANSFIELD, MA 02048-1835

Notes: Primary Race Director: Gary Romberg Chief Inspector: Jeff Williams Regatta Name: Modified Nationals & J Class North American Championships
    1 - Nationals testing will be Wednesday, 8/3, Noon - 5:00 p.m. You must be registered to test. Test schedule will be provided at Registration.
    2 - North American Championship testing will be Saturday, 8/6. Schedule to be announced at Saturday Drivers' Meeting.
    3 - NO testing for Stock classes.
    4 - NO admittance to pits prior to Wednesday, 8:00 a.m.
    5 - All trailers will be parked by pit personnel.
    6 - 4 wheelers permitted for pulling carts up to trailers only.
    7 - Park entrance fee is $15 for entire event.

This Regatta is Sanctioned through the APBA
    All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised this event may be canceled prior to the race due to cir***stances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.

JEFF WILLIAMS

© 2001 American Power Boat Association All rights reserved Terms of Use
    Brian 10s

Comment

Bump to the top.

For those that have asked (in emails and on other posts) directions can be had from mapquest or any other. If needed, please email and I will try.

As for schedule - sorry - no can do (look what happened to Ed & the Stocks)
      Here is the best I can do:
      Mods
      Wed - Registration and testing
      Thurs - racing
      Friday - More racing
      Sat AM- Finish racing
      J's & Stocks
      Sat AM - Registration
      Sat PM - racing

Hope to see everybody there (or at any of the Nationals Championship events this year) It is a ton of work to put one of these on and everybody should give those doing all the work, a small break if they seem a little short, now that it is crunch time. There are usually 101 items on the to-do list in order to pull off a top-shelf event. And no one wants any Nationals to be a joke. Besides without someone doing all this work every year, you would not have a National Championship to tell the grandkids about.
      Last edited by Brian10s; 07-10-2005, 08:23 PM.
      Brian 10s

Comment

I received the sanction information in the mail this week. Very nice!

Could a few things be cleared up?

The sanction notice says "park entrance fee is $15 for the entire event" is this in addition to the $12 or $15 per night campsite fee? (No biggie, just a question).

It also says no admittance to pits prior to Wednesday 8:00 am

Does this mean that racers can arrive at the park on Tuesday afternoon and camp with their rigs in the campground? Do you expect a line of boats 8:00am Wednesday waiting to be parked by pit personnel? Or will race trailers be kept out of the park until 8:00am Wednesday?

The map of the park is really nice and easy to understand. What area will be closed off as the pits?

I really appreciate the effort and expense that has been put into setting up this event!

Comment

Sam,
          Good questions. I do not have the answers but will investigate and return later (not tonight , but soon ).

Please keep all input and any questions coming as we are hoping for no surprises come August and for everyone to have a great time.
          Brian 10s

Comment

Sam,

These are good questions. The park entrance fee is for the event and is in addition to camping fees. The camping fees listed on the orange registration card are for motorized or towable campers. There will be tenting on site in a designated area. The fee for tenting for the event is $10.00 You do not need to fill out the orange card unless you are a motorized or towable camper.

Admittance to pits is being regulated because we will have an individual who will park trailers with a large tractor. We cannot put any trailers in the pits before Wedneday because the pits will still be the swim beach and open to the public until Tuesday nite. I don't expect to see a long line of trailers at 8:00 am to be parked; however, a grassy parking lot adjacent will be used as a staging area. A portion of the park is being held for public use and it is difficult to describe what will be race use versus public use.

We will be very short-handed early so placing restrictions on the site makes the start of the event more manageable.

Hope this answers your questions.

Hope to see you there.

Jeff - Pre-race worker, motor inspector, judgestand installer, and most other jobs no one wants.
            Jeff
            5-P

Comment

Excellent

That certainly clears up the critical questions.

Just out of curiousity ... since I haven't been to Franklin before ... the pit area is part of the area adjacent to the Park Office?

Comment

Sam,
                The best way to explain the park will be kinda like this: (all measurements are a guess, so no comments from the cheap seats).

Start at the waters edge and walk 25-30 feet of swim beach to a 50ft grass part. Both sections are at least 250ft wide. Next there is a 150x 200ft building with 2 floors. The top is a small provillion and the bottom has a concession stand and restrooms. Behind the building is the main road coming into the park, then up a 30ft section of grass hill will be the main motor home parking, behind that another section of grass hill and another lot for motor homes. Above that is the park office. At the top of the hill, turn around and you will see building then water in front, another small lot to the left of the building which I do not know what it will be used for and to the right another small lot and a large grass field (about 400 x 400 or so). These 2 areas I am also not sure of use but have had trailers in them in the past.

That is my best guess on the size of the park. Hopefully it will paint a mental picture for you. Please do not ask what area will be what as I will be finding out on Wed, along with everybody else. I do not know which sections the park will let us have or not. The motor home sections were also a guess but I am pretty confident that it will be motorhome parking again.

Hope this helps.
                Brian 10s

Comment

2005 Mod Nats

Well Lets Do This. 05 Mod Nats On The Way Soon

RICHARD J BIRD
                  TEAM
                  MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
                  THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
                  MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Bummer ......... another race I can't make this year .... my well AND my AC crapped out this weekend

Comment

The countdown is on

Only 14 more days until carburetion day (testing for you non Indy fans) at Franklin, PA. Still time for that last minute prop purchase or to tear apart that engine 1 more time to make sure it is perfect

See everybody there.
                      Brian 10s

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10s
                        Only 14 more days until carburetion day (testing for you non Indy fans) at Franklin, PA. Still time for that last minute prop purchase or to tear apart that engine 1 more time to make sure it is perfect

See everybody there.
                        ya, good luck trying to purchase a new prop at any time in the next few weeks!!!!!
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

The Countdown is on . . .

7 days until the Modified Nationals.
                          Everybody remember, we do not have control of the park until Wednesday morning. Any deals that are made with the park before Wednesday are your own and become null and void on Wednesday morning. There will be a pit boss who will be parking all trailers. If you want to pit next to somebody, better get in line together. There is no guarentee of any "saved" spaces.
                          Hope to see you in a week!
                          Brian 10s

Comment

ouch

o too bad maybe we should line up in the next town

Comment

Easy

Hey, easy there, the reason someone is parking trailers is because to many people get stuck on the sand and grass when they take there own trailers down. I am guilty.... So the tractor will not get stuck... This keeps the folks happy that own the park, they do not like spending a ton of cash because some idiot tore up the turn and left ruts to get themselves ub-stuck...

We lost camping in the pits at Zanesville Ohio because of that same deal I think. To many ruts in the grass.

It also semeed to work in Witney Point so why not try it here ?

Bring your fun hat to Franklin, not your mad hat. You will be greeted with a smile, we expect one back !!
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Walt-----1226?????,
                                Quit-yer- B-t--'N, and git yer butt up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan is bringing D-MOD. Looking for "Vise-Grip".

19P SMOKE'N 25MOD-----NATS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 07-28-2005, 07:14 PM.
                                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                                X