2005 Mod Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Mod Nationals

Plans are moving ahead for the 2005 Mod Nationals/J Classes North American Championships being held in Franklin, PA August 3 - 7. The tentative schedule is:

Wednesday, 8/3 - Testing after the course is set up and you have completed registration. Driver's Meeting 7:30 PM in the pits

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 8/4 - 8/6 - Racing

Sunday, 8/7 - This is a blow-out day only.

J Class/North American Championships: You can either register with the Mods or early Saturday morning in the pits. The drivers meeting for these classes only will be held Saturday in the pits. North American Championship classes will run intermingled with Mod classes running on Saturday.

Race Headquarters hotel is the Super 8 in Franklin. 814-432-2101. Ask for the special boat race rate. Please make your reservations as soon as possible as the number of rooms available is limited. Also camping, both RV and tents will be available in the pits for a small fee. The park has running water and shower facilities in the pits. There is also a concession stand. There is a park fee for all vehicles entering the park. We have negotiated a flat $15 fee for the entire event.

Plans include an auction of race related items one evening as well as an awards presentation on Saturday.

More information to follow.
    Jeff
    5-P

Sweet

The race of races, the big Kahuna !!! I am geeked. This is my favorite place to race anyways, now I am lucky enough to be able to run the big one in my favorite location !!

Remember the course will be turned around to make for a better first turn. I believe this will be tried at the Memorial Day race here this spring. So if you want to sample the Nationals race course before the Nationals, bring it Memorial Day weekend 2005 !!! The Place To Race !!!!!!!!!
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Comment

Since Fiesta Night brought up some questions as to when and where the Nationals are, I thought bumping this up might be helpful. More information should be available in the coming weeks. Hope to see you all there!
        Jeff
        5-P

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeff5P]J Class/North American Championships: You can either register with the Mods or early Saturday morning in the pits. The drivers meeting for these classes only will be held Saturday in the pits. North American Championship classes will run intermingled with Mod classes running on Saturday. [QUOTE]

Does this mean the J's can show up Saturday morning, and not earlier in the week?
          "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

J and AXS North American Championships will be run on Saturday. It is not necessary for these drivers to be in Franklin for the entire Mod Nationals if they can't make it. For those J and AXS drivers who are around on Wednesday, they can register during the Mod Nationals registration. For all other J and AXS drivers, registration will be held early Saturday morning. The drivers meeting for all J and AXS classes will be held following Saturday's registration. J and AX classes will then race mixed in with the Mod classes being run on Saturday. This applies to J and AX drivers only. Mod guys register on Wednesday and race Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday has been reserved for a blow-out day for everyone.
            Jeff
            5-P

Comment

Latest Mod Nationals News

THURSDAY – FIESTA NIGHT
              Justus/Mackey Pavilion – 7:30 pm -??
              This is your chance to get together with racers from around the country and try their various regional food specialties. Different areas of the country will be providing samples of what’s best from their region. From the brats of Wisconsin to the Cajun food of the Deep South, to Carne Asaba from the West, to the lutefisk of Minnesota, anything and everything is welcome. Bring your own beverage and feel free to bring a dish add to your Region or Club’s table. There will be music, and great beach racing, and of course the famous TRORA Boat Burning. If you’ve never seen this done, it’s a must see! Any questions or donations to the fun, please contact Jerry Brewster at Brew56@hotmail.com.

FRIDAY – DRIVERS DINNER & AUCTION
              Justus/Mackey Pavilion – 7:00 pm -??
              The Justus/Mackey Pavilion will be the site of the drivers’ dinner and auction. This year’s dinner will be a catered dinner (bring your own beverage) to be followed by a racer’s Dream Auction. Last held in 2001 in Alexandria, KY, the Dream Auction promises to be a fun time for all. We already have several items secured and some are must have but are always looking for more. If you have anything racing related you would like to donate or if you want to donate some $$$ for the purchase of some items, please contact Brian Williams at Brian10s@hotmail.com. We are hoping to have something for everyone, even if we have to buy it first!

SATURDAY – Picnic in the Pits & Awards Ceremony
              Justus/Mackey Pavilion – 1 Hr. after Racing Ends
              Once all Nationals and North American Championship classes have cleared inspection, we will hold our Closing Ceremony and Awards Presentation with a picnic in the pits. This will be your chance to congratulate the winners and console the losers while enjoying some great picnic food (bring your own beverage).

Tickets for Friday and Saturday’s meals will be available at Registration. Cost is yet to be determined but should be minimal.
              Last edited by Brian10s; 06-17-2005, 11:51 AM.
              Brian 10s

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                Remember the course will be turned around to make for a better first turn.
                Hhhhmmm... Right hand turns to make for a better first turn? Maybe if you're filming one of those wipe-out videos!

Comment

directions

where exactly is franklin at in Penn. i have never been there and would like to come.

joe 0-5
                  joe
                  aqua-holic racing

Comment

Franklin

Joe, Franklin is Noth/Northeast of Pittsburg about 70 miles. Look on your map, in that area by going North out of Pittsburg on I-79. Take it North to I-80. Go East on I-80 about 13 miles and turn left on PA highway 8 and go about 30 miles and your in Franklin. It's on the Allegheny River. Jack

Comment

mod nationals

thanks jack,
                      i appreciate it. hope to see you there COL.

joe 0-5
                      joe
                      aqua-holic racing

Comment

Nice job 10S

Well done 10S, thanks for letting us know what is up!

CSH12M

Comment

Great direction to the site. Could not have done better. For those that have not ever been there, the race course is maybe 30 to 45 minutes from 80.

Just a note: the town of Franklin is on the river however, we will be racing on a lake about 5 miles out of town. The park is call 2 mile run. Attached are pics from the Memorial Day Stock and Mod race. It might give everybody who has never seen it an idea of the water. Photos by Check-book. The first one is 20SSH coming out of the first turn and the other is of the pits looking towards the race course.
                          Attached Files
                          Brian 10s

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10s
                            Great direction to the site. Could not have done better. For those that have not ever been there, the race course is maybe 30 to 45 minutes from 80.

Just a note: the town of Franklin is on the river however, we will be racing on a lake about 5 miles out of town. The park is call 2 mile run. Attached are pics from the Memorial Day Stock and Mod race. It might give everybody who has never seen it an idea of the water. Photos by Check-book. The first one is 20SSH coming out of the first turn and the other is of the pits looking towards the race course.
                            looks like a great race site. we are looking forward to racing there.
                            joe
                            aqua-holic racing

Comment

Joe,
                              This is a great site and hopefully will be one of the best nationals of all time. Everbody will be reading more about the Mod Nationals in the July Propeller, here on HR and at www.trora.com.

Hope to see you there.
                              Brian 10s

Comment

Working...
                              X