Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raise your hand if you have done this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise your hand if you have done this!!!

We worked out the bugs from Dayton and were hoping to give the FER avery good run. (top seceret speeds)

During testing on Monday we hit some thing and it took the turnfin off the krier. This left a 2 foot hole in the boat.

The powerpack on the Johnson died during FEH testing. So what do you do when you drive 1300 miles to race?

Look at the pictures....

That is right we rented a room at the local motel and rebuilt it!! 12:30 am with a rotozip. Go to Joe's shop for a power pack and a muffler shop for a new turn fin bracket. Then show up for nationals with only 3 FER boats and cancel the class. Dunn was running 4 classes and Luce (sp) had a hurt FE motor.

It was the most work I have ever done to not race a class.
    Attached Files

Ground level Motels = GOOD!

Nice wide doors - wide enough to get an outboard race boat inside and motorcycles as well! While an aprtment dweller I would always rent a ground floor apartment for the same reason. In fact, I built my first two outboard hydros in an apartment.

Both hands raised!
    carpetbagger

Comment

been there done that, only worse!!!!

I can remember the time my wife came into our house thru the kitchen, only to find my Butts AOH-250cc hydro sitting in the living room..Seems that Lakeland was coming up and I and my father decided that it needed an additional coat of varnish, so while she was at work we moved everything out of the living room down the hall and to various other rooms in the house to make room for the hydro..What really got her was the smell of Valspar Varnish that seemed to linger in the house for weeks after, needless to say I was not her favorite person for a while...

Comment

Heirloom-quality Pugh furniture..

Nope. Can't say that I've ever done that sort of thing..

Scott
        Attached Files

Comment

to protect the guilty.....

I'll not mention any names but, didn't somebody rebuild a BIG looper in their hotel room and then start it clamped to the footboard of the bed?
          I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
          The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Working...
          X