Clear All

• B.o.a.t.

B.O.A.T. - Bust Out Another Thousand.

I laughed and then I almost cried.
    http://vitalire.com/

John Peeters

Good for you John

Comment

AKA: A hole in the water you throw money into.

kk

Comment

B.o.a.t

Boat Racing is like sitting in a bucket of water and tearing up $100 notes

Comment

Sailboats

Reminds me of an old saying we had back when I raced sailboats many years ago - its not politically correct so those that are offended please pardon me..

Sailboats are a lot like women - their rigging costs more than their hulls!

Comment

Still much better that having a drinking or drug problem..
            Spend it and have fun or put in an IRA for .98774589%.
            And selling race equipment is a better return of your money.
            Whether you win,, lose or draw,, it is still a neat rush..
            But,,, it you still have a guilt trip,, then name your new boat
            after the new major appliance that your wife got gipped out of...

Who knows,,,,, Miss Maytag might catch on..

Comment

We always said that the first thing you did to a potential new racer was ask them for a hundred dollar bill. If they got mad when you lit it on fire than this is not the sport for them.

Comment

"name your new boat
                after the new major appliance that your wife got gipped out of..."

My wife once paid 1100.00 for a mattress, I said WHAT!, she said at least I won't flip it and destroy it the first week! I had just done that to my first D boat. I still have the mattress and the wall art.

Comment

A good friend of mine who has owned Harley Davidson motorcycles once told me that the H-D stood for......"Hundred Dollar"
                  I guess the saying applies to whatever your hobby might be!
                  Gardner Miller
                  Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
                  Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

I'm missing something here,Boatracing is about the cheapest racing sport one can do. Just getting good seats at a football stadium for a season cost more??? Forget joining a good golf club,even a good set of pings costs more than a C stock hydro.

Comment

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                      I'm missing something here,Boatracing is about the cheapest racing sport one can do. Just getting good seats at a football stadium for a season cost more??? Forget joining a good golf club,even a good set of pings costs more than a C stock hydro.
                      Boat racing? don't make me laugh :-) like Pat said you guys have it good. I'm into pro photography now. Don't even get me started on the cost of living in Washington, DC ... Boat Racing lol lol Child's play chump change. We pay $2500 a month for a efficiency apartment in town. Parking $200 a month, two bags of grocery $100.. child day care $1500 per month, daily transportation $5 and don't even talk about tickets to a fun event :-)

Rock on with your boat racing self :-) meet in in DC and watch your bank account drain to zero :-)
                      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Boat racing is still a working mans sport. Ask George Luce...in the late 80's he gave car racing a shot.. $2,000 a race in tires and he was back not long after. Its only expencive when you open your 28' trailer and open a box of 10-20 props that are all 1-3 miles off each other..Run 3-4 classes, Buy a new boat every 2 years.
                        Bill Giles won alot of races in his time. He had (1) B Hot rod.. Not 3. Kenny Rosado won many high points.. He ran a good amount of classes but owned 1 motor for most of them.
                        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                          Boat racing is still a working mans sport. Ask George Luce...in the late 80's he gave car racing a shot.. $2,000 a race in tires and he was back not long after. Its only expencive when you open your 28' trailer and open a box of 10-20 props that are all 1-3 miles off each other..Run 3-4 classes, Buy a new boat every 2 years.
                          Bill Giles won alot of races in his time. He had (1) B Hot rod.. Not 3. Kenny Rosado won many high points.. He ran a good amount of classes but owned 1 motor for most of them.
                          What about the $200,000.00 motor home and $60,000.00 tow vehicle. Or $50,000.00 bass boat???.

Comment

Don't forget horses.. They never stop eating money!!
                            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

O no you didn't lol ^^^^^^^

CMH. 61R
                              Short Fuze Racing
                              Team Darneille
                              ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                              IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Working...
                              X