Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1974 Dayton Stock Outboard Nationals Reunion . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamato 80

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
    Notice the motor on 6W. A Y80
    Bill...........you are correct, that is a Yamato 80 on Sam Hemp's 6-W which brings into question the year this photo was taken??

I remember the Yamato 80 being introduced in like 1978-79??

Matt

Comment

all this talk about Dayton , put this race on your calendar for 2014.the past few years the water has been the best I have ever raced on.have a get together in august 2014 at the race.would love to see everyone there

Comment

John Karelsen

Originally posted by Jean Mackay View Post
        Sharing a pic from Dayton . . .

Couple of great boat builders John Karelson and Shannon Bowman share the repairs of "Glasses" DSH . . . The Glass Slipper
        Repair materials included combination of Ocume, cardboard, tape and of course lots of glue . . . got the job done.

Awesome team work!

That's what the race "family" is all about . . . Any other pics to share?
        SCOA ran kilos at Parker between Christmas and New Years. It was my idea, just like it is my idea to run Quarter Mile Kilos at Parker this year between Christmas and New Years. It is a great place, weather is perfect in December, days are short though.

John Karelsen was building some great Stock outboard boats. I don't know how many were in SoCal but maybe 20. John and I dealt on props but we also talked props. John showed me what he thought he'd figured out about "RAKE". It made sense then, makes sense today.

For those of you who don't know, John was killed testing his 500 CC Hydro. Often wonder, if what he told me about "RAKE" is what contributed to his death.

John was everything a good person was supposed to be.

Comment

This was the 1974 Nationals

I remember after drivers meeting, a large group of us were heading to the elevator to go up to our room to party, and getting on the elevator ahead of us was Sally Field (the flying nun), as we were going up I asked her if she wanted to join us, she wanted to go with us but the "stuffed shirt" she was with didn't.I said lose the guy and come anyway. she never showed.
          Did anyone go see Emerson Lake & Palmer at O'Hair arena that week?
          Also it wasn't my week, my pit guy fell down the hill carrying my toolbox & parts box, broke a rewind, put a hole in a sponson,and the guy I was going to run the 25 Marathon with never showed.
          Last edited by steve jones; 01-24-2014, 07:31 AM. Reason: add

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Working...
          X