NBRA Nationals Mt. Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA Nationals Mt. Home

Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce will sponsor the NBRA National Championship on July 31(testing), Aug. 1-3. $7,000 in tow money plus trophies. Just one of the best race courses in the U.S. And the friendliest people in the Ozark mountain community. $100 for NBRA and OBRA membership and $40/class. All NBRA classes plus special event 200 mod. Hydro and runabout. (Legal motors OMC 13.2 -Mercury 15). 3/4 mile course. Race director-Doc Miller-Rick Pierce. Referee-Rick Miller. Motor inspector-Jeff Williams-Dave Brill. Announcer-Ray Roda. Chief Scorer-Chelsea Miller. Dance Friday night at race site. The race will be held on Lake Norfork Pigeon Creek cove 4 miles north of Mt. Home Ar.
    Last edited by doc 35-0; 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM. Reason: Update information

Hotel is the Ramada Inn

Comment

• Bass Cat Boats
      Bass Cat Boats commented
      Editing a comment
      Comfort Inn
      1031 Highland Circle
      Mountain Home, AR 72653
      Phone: 870-424-9000
      Fax: 870-425-0691
      Email: comfort@suddenlinkmail.com

ŹDays Inn
      1746 Hwy 62 East
      Mountain Home, AR 72653
      Phone: 870-425-1010
      Email: pyongkukan@gmail.com

EconoLodge
      963 Hwy. 62 East
      Mountain Home, AR 72653
      Phone: 870-425-6001
      Email: gm.ar227@choicehotels.com

Holiday Inn Express
      1005 Coley Drive
      Mountain Home, AR 72653
      Phone: 870-425-6200
      Fax: 870-425-6227

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
    3/4 mile course.
    The Nationals or Short Course Nationals?

Beautiful scenery in that part of the country!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Doc , don't forget that the ref, motor inspector, head score keeper and the timer need to be approved by the race commision
      Jeff

Comment

Yes, the referee may be tough vote.

Comment

We had planned on coming but have now made new plans.. Have fun
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Special event 200 mod. OMC 13.2-15 mercury- there will No height restriction.

Comment

Doc sent you a PM
              ARt K

Comment

No height no show.

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                Special event 200 mod. OMC 13.2-15 mercury- there will No height restriction.
                This would make it hard for us to go... Why not apba rules? We have tested and tested and bent all of our props for apba height and tuck. We would get smoked by a setup 1/4 higher. We tested no height and it was a lot faster and very loose. I don't think we would attend with no height and tuck.
                Last edited by brian; 11-26-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Brian--- Just discussed with my dad and we will run APBA rules for the 200 mod hydro and runabout class. This should help with consistency with what everyone runs each weekend. It is a special event for NBRA so we won't inspect the motors, but we will check height and tuck to make it more fair. Will let everyone know if any prizes in the future. Just remember we do have 7000 for tow money. Let your friends know and should be a great weekend of racing. Lots of good Mod and stock stuff for everyone to race against people they have not raced against before.

Rick Miller
                  34-0

Comment

Brian, need runabouts for 200, so you have all summer to teach your wife to drive a runabout.

Comment

I Hope

I really hope the special event (APBA Classes) will be run AFTER ALL of the NBRA National Championship Races are completed, in case of inclimate weather. Remember, this is the NBRA's most important race of the year and we all want to compete at Nationals. I am not sold that this race is the best one to add special events too, as it is our Nationals. Plenty of local races within the heart of Region 7 that we can add these too, if they choose to attend. I am not trying to be a jerk here, just making sure NBRA is an NBRA event by the NBRA rules. I understand Special events are allowed, but lets make 100% certain we run the Nationals NBRA style.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

NBRA Nationals

I think Dave might of hit upon an issue that we have to consider. Last time at MT Home we were rained out on Sunday. It might be wise to keep the NBRA class structure and events limited to what we currently run. If we get rained out on Saturday then all class have to be run Sunday. Just a thought! This could be critical if we need to run eliminations in a number of classes.

Alan

Comment

Three full days are allocated for the Nationals plus a day of testing on Thur. Unless a long lasting storm comes through which does not happen often in that part of the world, the nationals with special event should be no problem. Jack

Comment

the nbra nats will be getting a ton of ioa teams at this race meaning there will be more elems and all classes will be full.they just want to run one extra class dave

Comment

Working...
                            X