175cc Hydro Who, What, and When

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Schmidt
    I am not 100% behind the class, as I feel it will detract from both the 125 and 250 class.

Michael D-1
    Maybe... Maybe not.... The 175 class sounds interesting to me.

Wouldn't a D mod hydro and or runabout work OK for that class? I'd consider buying a motor that I can run on the same boat that I run my mod motor on, not counting 125. There's too much me for 125. I'd have to buy a another boat for 250 and there are so few PRO or Title Series races (0 most years - 1 some years) near me that I wouldn't even consider buying another boat for just alky classes.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

175 Boat...

To David L6,

175 will be a hydro class only..... just like RB Hydro.

I'm not sure the of the typical dimensions for a D mod hydro. However, the class should run in the mid 80 mph range... 85-86 mph. The motors will weigh a lot less than a typical D mod motor. My 1 cylinder 125 Rossi weighs about 40 lbs. So the 1 cylinder 175's will be the same. The two cylinder 175's will be maybe 15-20 lbs heavier?

A 175 hydro would have an afterplane length of 80"-82" and sponson length of 54"-58". With a bottom width of 35"-36". Most of the current 125 hydros should work just fine.

Good Luck.

Dean Hobart
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

No 175 runabout!?!

Dean,

I doubt that you'll be on Burt's or Ralph's Christmas list.

Sounds like the 125 boats are a little larger than I thought and also sounds like most D mod boats are in the ballpark as far as size goes. I'm not sure what effects a 40 pound lighter motor would have though...???

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6
          Sounds like the 125 boats are a little larger than I thought and also sounds like most D mod boats are in the ballpark as far as size goes. I'm not sure what effects a 40 pound lighter motor would have though...???
          Sounds like it may work just fine on that NEW boat of yours.
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

PRO-350 Satler Racing

Hey, Mikey, Hows about Wippen out some C/Mod pipes. Please give me a call at your conv. Markdashark, seattle @425-422-6424 thanx per. Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by mark da shark
              Hey, Mikey, Hows about Wippen out some C/Mod pipes. Please give me a call at your conv. Markdashark, seattle @425-422-6424 thanx per. Lee.
              Mark, I beleive you are on the list for pipes. Lee ordered them for you right? I have to finish a few other projects first, then I will be building about a dozen or so pipes. You will get them in time to do some testing.

Mike Sattler
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Hope it helps.

I hope this new class will increase participation. I disagree, however, with what was stated before about declining #s. One of the biggest factors was when the capsule rule went into effect. 500cc used to have the biggest #s. There were always elimination heats at the nationals. Once the capsule rule went into effect, people started dropping like flies. I know of several people who would have stayed running 500 and 700 if the requirement would not have changed. Maybe for some they were going too fast, but I don't see that as the deciding factor. Capsules are also more expensive. Unfortunately, our hobby itself is expensive. Increasing costs will also cause some people to decide to hang it up. Don't ask me why 500 sprint has not taken off either, but I do know it makes for a whole different boat set up. Therefore you'd need another whole set up for that class. It also has a whole different course. I wonder how many would participate in that class if it would be on the schedule at a few more races? Maybe not, but who knows.
                Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

Christmas List...

David L6,

Who are the Burt and Ralph you are referring to? I'm on most people's #@!* list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Hobart
                  sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart
                    David L6,

Who are the Burt and Ralph you are referring to? I'm on most people's #@!* list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Hobart
                    Just a couple of dugout drivers... Here on HydroRacer they hide behind the handles rbtv7 (Burt) and runaboutralph. Here's a picture of them. They look just like some of those characters that are in the pictures at the post office. That's Ralph in the boat in the background.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi All, Just for information sake The new 175 VRP weighs in at 22 LBS. I would like to announce that there is a sale on VRP 125 And 175 motors.

125 Powerhead with exhausts is 1500.00 Euros
                      175 Powerhead with exhausts for UIM 2700.00 Euros
                      125 complete 2675.00 Euros
                      175 Complete 3250.00 Euros

Sale lasts until end of Febuary and all orders must be in by then.
                      Please contact Steve Litzell @ Steve77T@aol.com
                      thankyou.

Comment

Prices for complete motors does not include gearbox as VRP does not make one at this time.

Comment

Photo

Steve,

Any chance that you or Carlos can post a photo of the 175?

Thanks,

Dave
                          David Weaver

Comment

The exchange rate today is: $1.27 US Dollars will buy you 1.00 Euro.

Comment

Working...
                            X