175cc Hydro Who, What, and When

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175cc Hydro Who, What, and When

Just wondering if anyone is jumping on the bandwagon for the new 175cc Hydro class. I heard VRP has a new 175cc Twin available. What other motor builders are producing 175's???? Doesn't Rossi have a 175cc Jug for the 125? Anyone buying any 175's? Anyone plan to run 175cc hydro @ Depue this year?

Sattler
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

I believe Dean Hobart here in Region 10 will be running a 175 at
    Worlds ...
    Untethered from reality!

Comment

Anyone else getting interested in 175cc hydro? Doesn't sound like many people are gearing up for the worlds in Depue....
      Sattler Racing R-15
      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
      TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

great !! another class, let's concentrate on building the other 20 dead classes that already exist. just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by wings18
          great !! another class, let's concentrate on building the other 20 dead classes that already exist. just my 2 cents
          Actually, this is replacing an existing class.

Originally posted by pro350hydro
          Anyone else getting interested in 175cc hydro? Doesn't sound like many people are gearing up for the worlds in Depue....
          Not I, we have enough to do with the three classes we're already running

Dave
          Last edited by Dave_E71; 02-04-2005, 12:32 PM.
          I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
          The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

As Dave stated, this is replacing the dying RB class in the Pro catagory. There are new motors available and we need a place to put them, so what better place than in a dying class.

If you want to complain about classess, how about starting with all the J's and A's that run 9 heats a day with one motor and rule the flight schedule for motor changes, restrictors, drivers, boats, etc.

Can't we all just get along........why is everyone so negative about changes??

You guys need to loosen up and live a little
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

I think maybe some people are missing the point. If you look at historical trends in our division I think this could be a shot in the arm. The biggest class we have is 125H and they are running 70-80 mph. 20 years ago the biggest class was 250H and at the time they were running 70-80 mph. As the classes get much faster over 90 mph the numbers drop off. It seems to some of us the largest interest and biggest comfort zone is 70-85mph.
              Some guys are just too big for 125H and maybe don't want to run with the less experienced drivers that might migrate to that class as they move up from KPROH. At the same time they may not be ready to go 95mph in a 250H.
              After being away for 15 years I was surprised RBH was still around. I ran it after my dad cut up my old formula 350 in 1982. It was not very popular for whatever reason way back then.
              I think it might be a good shot in the arm and we are seriously thinking about buying a conversion kit and running it at the Worlds.
              Just my 2 cents.
              Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
              Tomtall 06

Comment

hshawapba

Originally posted by pro350hydro
                Just wondering if anyone is jumping on the bandwagon for the new 175cc Hydro class. I heard VRP has a new 175cc Twin available. What other motor builders are producing 175's???? Doesn't Rossi have a 175cc Jug for the 125? Anyone buying any 175's? Anyone plan to run 175cc hydro @ Depue this year?

Sattler
                Mike I saw the motor on display at the winter APBA meeting looks real nice. I thought the price was really reasonable, approx 3200.00. I would think this class will be a growing class for the smaller racer that wants to go fast!
                Only problem is you need to deal with Litzel?????

Comment

Rex Hall has a kit to upgrade your Rossi 125 to 175.

Rumor has it Rossi is going to build a couple of twins.

There is at least one Kawasaki twin being built.

There is at least one Konig twin being built.

I am not 100% behind the class, as I feel it will detract from both the 125 and 250 class.

Michael D-1

Comment

Some of us are just not ready to go as fast as you Mike!!!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                    Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by hshawwpba
                      Mike I saw the motor on display at the winter APBA meeting looks real nice. I thought the price was really reasonable, approx 3200.00. I would think this class will be a growing class for the smaller racer that wants to go fast!
                      Only problem is you need to deal with Litzel?????
                      Yeah, I have not seen the motor yet but if it looks anything like my other 2 VRP's it's top notch. I have already been talking to Litzell about this motor. What's wrong with dealing with Litzell??? I have never had any problems. Can't see why anyone would have any problems dealing with him. He has always been great to me. But I pay my bills on time.....

I think Kristi is right. I'm hoping 175cc will be a shot in the arm that the Pro catagory needs. Let's hope it is.
                      Sattler Racing R-15
                      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                      TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Schmidt
                        Rex Hall has a kit to upgrade your Rossi 125 to 175.

Rumor has it Rossi is going to build a couple of twins.

There is at least one Kawasaki twin being built.

There is at least one Konig twin being built.
                        That's great.
                        Sattler Racing R-15
                        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                        TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

O175 Worlds...

To All:

Well said Kristi, you are exactly right.

Rex Hall will be converting one of my Rossi 125's into a 175 to be ready for the Worlds in DePue. The US will be kicking off this class and it will be a chance for the US Title Series, the DePue Men's Club, and APBA et. all to host a UIM World Event. Thanks to the hard work of Ralph Donald.

Word has it that Rossi himself and the VRP Factory Driver will be there. You don't get many chances to run World events... 4 heats of a beach start!!!

175 is not a new class..... it is replacing RB Hydro. O175 has been an approved UIM size for some time now.

Good luck to all,

Dean Hobart
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

can someone provide me with registration numbers for all 250,350,500,700.1100cc hydro's in region 10 last year. all clubs combined (SOA, NWC, AOF, CORA, WIR) Thanks John

Comment

can someone provide me with registration numbers for all 250,350,500,700.1100cc hydro's in region 10 last year. all clubs combined (SOA, NWC, AOF, CORA, WIR) Thanks John
                              John,

What are you trying to say? I don't remember seeing you at any SOA, SLORA, or NWC races last year. And you run stock right? So what is your concern with the pro catagory?

We had elims in 350 hydro last year in Region 10 at an SOA event. It was great!

Capsules hurt the numbers in 500,700, and 1100 hydro. New availability of motors is reviving the 125,175,250, and 350cc hydro classes.

Mike
                              Sattler Racing R-15
                              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                              TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Working...
                              X