Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

302ssH in Region 7

Hi Dave,
    We are hoping to have some 302ssHs in Region 7 next year. Mac Phalzer will be racing it for sure, and a few others in WI and IL are considering it.

There will definitely be plenty in Region 6 and I'm sure some of them will come to our races if we put it on the schedule.

We'll keep you posted as new drivers sign up.

Mike

Comment

302SSH/Stock outboarding

If everything goes as we hope, (keep your fingers crossed) we will have 12 race ready rigs spread out across the country race ready for people to race and buy. Things are going better then I thought they would for this thing..as far as people being excited about it etc. I feel that the SORC hit a home run with this class...I really do. And, there will be a three year rule freeze coming up after Reno. Should ad stability. I also want to thank al of the people that have came forward to offer help to Jeff Brewster and myself.....pretty cool stuff. On an aside....would LOVE to see the old Merc Challenge series races again! Dave

Comment

tanner,you and your family have a blast in the STOCK class. been fun so far. just wait.

Comment

Mike. I'll come over and race with you guys next year if we have enough to make the class .

Comment

302SS = all good

My primary concern with running 302 in Region 10 was that I could already hear the complaints coming from vocal members of our race committees saying (rightly so in my opinion) "just what we need is another **** Yamato class on the schedule". My concern was taken care of during the region meeting when I found out that we can race Novice C and 302SS combined. There will come a time, I believe in the very near future, when we will have to figure out what to do when the classes get too big to combine, but as a race director always looking to collect more entry fees I see this as being the best possible problem for me to have to face I have been trying to find a common ground on which to combine these into one class, but since the goals of the 2 classes are so different I don't see how it happens at this time.
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Perhaps running both classes together with the rules for each class as they are written and see what happens. My money would be on the Novice-C with a two blade in a race against the 302ssh. But, hopefully soon enough there will be enough 302ssh to make a class and get points. And they could still run Novice-C with the two blade.

P.S. I think I have this right, 302ssh can run any prop?

P.P.S. I have a long term loaner boat with a cut down transom for any new driver in region 10 that buys a 302ssh motor.

Comment

Novice C

When you order a 302 SSH motor you get a Brinkman 2 blade prop.....which becomes part of a "pool' of props....you may not go home with the same prop you showed up with. Keep the comments coming! Dave

Comment

Working...
                X