How do you measure ASH height now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Ed!

Wow Ed, I uhhh commend you (no sarcasm involved there I swear ) for digging out a post in May of '06 that I made in September of '05. Also lets not overlook the fact that I made that post in regards to a DIFFERENT RULE!!!
    That now out of the way, suffice to say that in more than a years time things change, and we added lift to my boat for the '05 racing season. Anyway, what we were able to figure out at the last race was that about 9/16" was the most tuck we could run under this new rule. The way we came to this conclusion is by measuring the distance below the bottom of the boat at the end of the shaft with our gauge to 1-3/8". We then proceeded to for lack of a better method simply take a tape measure and measure how far below the bottom of the boat our bullet was. Using this method we were able to figure out that approx. 9/16" was all the tuck we were able to achieve just trying to figure it out. Now I know that people have used CAD to figure out like 13/16" or something like that, but in the real world this is what we were able to achieve.

So, are we measuring this wrong, is there a different method that would allow us to get back to our preferred set-up?? That's the one thing about this rule that I think has really been (fairly badly) neglected, is how do you measure it? If it's a rule there really needs to be some sort of standard, otherwise it could simply be up to people’s judgment.

Lastly Ed, I want to make it clear that while yeah I am upset because this is adversely affecting us, that's not what I'm most upset about. You know as well as anybody that we're persistent and competitive people and will do whatever is needed to win under the new rule. My main frustration is that lack of anything being assured in APBA, we've been trying to run A-stock and 25SSR for the last few years and have had so many rule changes thrown at us in those two classes that it's hard to even remember what is the current rules.

Thanks,
    Mike 32-R

P.S. Ed, I'm not trying to pick on you or anyone else. I'm just trying to express my frustration, and affect change, or at least truly deep reconsidering of the situation in other. Also, as always I'm trying to further my knowledge on the situation.
    Last edited by jpro60; 05-21-2006, 11:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to spell check it

Comment

Working...
    X