SORC Proposal's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SORC Proposal's

I would like to send in a proposal or 3 to the SORC for the upcoming meeting in Reno or DO IT NOW with a special conference call, it is a novel concept and one that the members SHOULD be content with. In this proposal you can start working on your race program for next year TODAY and not Feb 1st.........Here they come.......

1. I propose that all current Stock Outboard classes remain UNCHANGED in all aspects for the 2014 race season.

2. I propose we work on aligning the rules with what the other categories do, change some of ourrs and ask them to change to the Stock rule if needed.

3. I propose we freeze ALL CLASS rules for 3 years to help promote the growth of Stock Outboard.

I know alot of banter is going on about remove this engine, lower that engine, we don't like Big Don or Matt D but lets stop all this, lock in what we are doing and just go to the races if a certain motor wins so be it, I bet people will still come because they know thats the way it is going to be, they will make changes but they will continue to come if we act in unison for a change....
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Great proposals Howie. The continous changes are a burden on all. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
      I would like to send in a proposal or 3 to the SORC for the upcoming meeting in Reno or DO IT NOW with a special conference call, it is a novel concept and one that the members SHOULD be content with. In this proposal you can start working on your race program for next year TODAY and not Feb 1st.........Here they come.......

1. I propose that all current Stock Outboard classes remain UNCHANGED in all aspects for the 2014 race season.

2. I propose we work on aligning the rules with what the other categories do, change some of ourrs and ask them to change to the Stock rule if needed.

3. I propose we freeze ALL CLASS rules for 3 years to help promote the growth of Stock Outboard.

I know alot of banter is going on about remove this engine, lower that engine, we don't like Big Don or Matt D but lets stop all this, lock in what we are doing and just go to the races if a certain motor wins so be it, I bet people will still come because they know thats the way it is going to be, they will make changes but they will continue to come if we act in unison for a change....
      Who said they didn't like me?
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Howie - That is too great of an idea. Makes too much sense. Best of luck with it!

Rational thinking like that, which is "for the good of the whole", is what's needed.

Comment

sorc

I proposed this on the APBA social site. You stole my idea! I would vote for this in a HEARTBEAT.

Comment

ATTA Boy Howie!!!! great proposal.
            bill b

Comment

Great proposal Howie and that they freeze just as they are now.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                Great proposal Howie and that they freeze just as they are now.
                I would agree also but we need to make a few tweaks first.

I would even consider 5 years, but before we freeze all rules because that would be tech rules also we need to make sure Sidewinder (if the are still supporting APBA) are done with their changes because once we freeze no new parts can be approved.
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                  I would agree also but we need to make a few tweaks first.
                  AGREED........once we get the tweaking done we need to FREEZE rules and allow only minor tech changes as deemed by TJ (our chief tech guy).

Most folks don't like change, especially boat racers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                    AGREED........once we get the tweaking done we need to FREEZE rules and allow only minor tech changes as deemed by TJ (our chief tech guy).

Most folks don't like change, especially boat racers!!
                    So the rule would say all rules are frozen for X years, unless it's a tech rule than TJ can change....I don't think I'm willing to put that on one person. Frozen means frozen.

Now if we want to say something like they are all frozen and any change would have to have X percentage (a high percentage) of the SORC approval and the X percentage of the BOD approval then maybe that would work.

Don Allen

Comment

There is a down side. Much like the discussion taking place in another thread on HR & the many discussions on the APBA site, we have a lot to do on some classes before we can commit to a freeze. Some things still need fixing. I wouldn't want to freeze issues that are still apparent, until whenever, just for the sake of a freeze.
                      The other issue is as always has been. To my knowledge we do not have a means in our by-laws to prevent the next commission from undoing anything we do. It's more than just a Stock Outboard issue. If it could have been done, I'm pretty sure it would have been at some point.
                      John Runne
                      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post

I know alot of banter is going on about remove this engine, lower that engine, we don't like Big Don or Matt D but lets stop all this, and just go to the races if a certain motor wins so be it, I bet people will still come because they know thats the way it is going to be, they will make changes but they will continue to come if we act in unison for a change....
                        You the man Howie!! " In this proposal you can start working on your race program for next year TODAY and not Feb 1st"

MODIFIED OUTBOARD also??

I'll probably be tared and feathered for this but in my opinion it is along the same slow down rule proposal, "lock in what we are doing "..... thought?; >>> http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/sho...9&postcount=16
                        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 11-10-2013, 04:03 AM.
                        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                        X