No announcement yet.

Ordered my APBA sealed 302SSH engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man ZUL8TR, don't be a Debbie Downer. I haven't even run a race yet and already you're raining on my parade. I thought that was an Inboard thing. No, two 302SSH rigs will not be identical but this is probably as close as a Stock Outboard class can get. I look forward to coming out to play.
    Last edited by mhammer; 09-02-2013, 05:32 AM.

Comment

your parade

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade. Like I said I like the idea of this class and think it is great that the class has started with a noble goal of as close as possible stuff. Wish it was around when I was an active racer. Just my thoughts on some stuff. Don't let what I have said change anything in your racing goal and go for it. Good luck and hope you win a
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Oh, I missed that emoticon! That's funny. I was being somewhat tongue in cheek. I am an Inboard Racing Commissioner so I get to listen to a lot of complaining. I am hoping Outboard, especially the 302SSH guys are a little more laid back.

Comment

She's safe and sound.....

Marty,
          Your new hydro came home to the buckeye state last night on our trailer and is waiting for you when you are ready. Good luck in Spanaway and avoid that Dave Anderson guy the best you can...

p.s. thank you for ignoring the negativity that breeds on this site, you are on the ground floor of a category changing class and we welcome you and the rest that follow you with open arms!
          Attached Files
          http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Marty, its a great boat. I was looking at it this weekend. I wish you luck in your new class. Jeff is a good egg. Dont listen to the negative posts. 90% of the time its from people that are not even active racers. YOU will have fun in this class
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Oh Jeff that is fantastic! Thank you Gary and Jeff for making that happen. I leave tomorrow for Spanaway for the Inboard Summer Nationals with my 1 litre. If you are in town, I'd like to come up on Saturday the 14th to get the boat if that is ok. You're probably 4 hours from me.

Marty

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
              Marty,
              Your new hydro came home to the buckeye state last night on our trailer and is waiting for you when you are ready. Good luck in Spanaway and avoid that Dave Anderson guy the best you can...

p.s. thank you for ignoring the negativity that breeds on this site, you are on the ground floor of a category changing class and we welcome you and the rest that follow you with open arms!

Comment

Ignore me

Hey Brewster! I hope Ed Hearn moves in next door to you and opens up your dumb chicken coup some night and all hell breaks loose.

Comment

Spanaway

Marty-

A lot of region 10 outboarders will be at the inboard nationals this weekend. Me included. If you have any questions about the class or outboards let me or Dave know.

Good luck in 1 litre! Fun class to watch and lots of boats out here, i've driven the Y-6/y-8 a few times. Love that there two strokes!

Kyle Bahl
                  Last edited by Racerkyle20; 09-02-2013, 11:43 PM.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Fortunately i only need to start and finish. I dont plan on running very hard. Im shooting for 7th place. Any better is just a bonus.

Comment

Welcome to 302SSH

Marty,

Welcome to the 302SS class. If you ever need help, I live in the Louisville area and run the 302SS class as well. Having retired from OPC racing, my daughter is now racing in AXH and I decided to have some fun at the races. It is a super choice. You are welcome to borrow my motor sometime to take a ride if there is a delay in getting your new 302.

I also met and spoke to Sean Bowsher this weekend. You likely know him as he races 1 liter Mod and his daughter raced J hydro at the OPC Nationals in Kankakee. He is also interested in getting into the 302SS to have a fun ride while at the races with his daughter.

Good luck and let me know how we can help. PM me and I will give you my contact information.

Comment

Really jeff ?

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
                        Most of us have shown nothing but support for this class. It is posts like this that make me question the future of boat racing. I showed a lot of support for it when it was being planned. And people wonder why there is negativity.... you spawned it with your post...
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by mhammer View Post
                          Fortunately i only need to start and finish. I dont plan on running very hard. Im shooting for 7th place. Any better is just a bonus.
                          Marty,

Welcome to the outborad division ! I think you will find it as exciting as driving the inboards. You can't go wrong with a 302 Yamato, those engines are built to last. While the speed might not be as dramtic as your inboard, I can guarentee you the ride will make up for it. If you run CSH the competition is fierce, and it is a toss up as to who will win at any race. Usually those who do the most homework will be in the front of the pack. And since you are getting a stock engine, you should have no trouble finding a good testing spot.

You have a large number of drivers in your area, lean on them. We are all boat racers.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

It's Sean and I that want to come play in the 302 class. He is usually who I pit with and we talk daily when not racing together. Sean is considering Outboard instead of Inboard. I told him I would come play but that it would be in addition to Inboard. Jeff Brewster currently has my hull that I purchased from Gary Pond. Apparently 302 engines will not be available until November which is fine. I'm in Washington right now writing this. We have a race here this weekend and another out here in two weeks then I have to go get my hull from Jeff. I'm sure you and I will cross paths soon.

Marty

Originally posted by PittmanRacing View Post
                            Marty,

Welcome to the 302SS class. If you ever need help, I live in the Louisville area and run the 302SS class as well. Having retired from OPC racing, my daughter is now racing in AXH and I decided to have some fun at the races. It is a super choice. You are welcome to borrow my motor sometime to take a ride if there is a delay in getting your new 302.

I also met and spoke to Sean Bowsher this weekend. You likely know him as he races 1 liter Mod and his daughter raced J hydro at the OPC Nationals in Kankakee. He is also interested in getting into the 302SS to have a fun ride while at the races with his daughter.

Good luck and let me know how we can help. PM me and I will give you my contact information.

Comment

Working...
                            X