Ordered my APBA sealed 302SSH engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered my APBA sealed 302SSH engine

I placed my order for a sealed Yamato 302SSH outboard today. I'm planning to only run 302SSH class. I'm working on buying a hull from Gary Pond.
    Last edited by mhammer; 08-31-2013, 05:50 AM.

That is great! Welcome to outboard racing! Be sure to give Dana Holt a call as he lives in Cinci as well. I live in Cleveland and look forward to meeting you. If you get your rig together quick enough there is a race this fall in Alexandria, KY. Mostly mod but CSH is on the schedule and you could race your 302SSH in that class as well.
    Last edited by jsilvestri; 08-30-2013, 11:35 AM.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
    JH/JR

Comment

Alexandria? See, that's ridiculous. In Inboard, I'm dragging my 1 litre mod to Spanaway Washington next week (36 hour drive) and we average almost 10 hour drives for other races (range from 5 to 14+ hours). Alexandria is all of a half hour from home.

Comment

Good luck Marty!
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

302ssh

Marty: I will be at Spanaway...would love to meet you, get some thoughts/feedback etc on new class! Dave Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by mhammer View Post
            Alexandria? See, that's ridiculous. In Inboard, I'm dragging my 1 litre mod to Spanaway Washington next week (36 hour drive) and we average almost 10 hour drives for other races (range from 5 to 14+ hours). Alexandria is all of a half hour from home.
            once your in Washington, you could hang out for the next 2wks and attend 2 outboard races......
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

once your in Washington, you could hang out for the next 2wks and attend 2 outboard races......

Team Darneille

Afraid not. I'm driving 36 hours to Spanaway, Washington. I'll race, store the rig and then fly home. Two weeks later I fly back, pickup the rig and drive to Chelan for another race then drive 33 hours back home.
              Last edited by mhammer; 08-31-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                Marty: I will be at Spanaway...would love to meet you, get some thoughts/feedback etc on new class! Dave Anderson
                Sure Dave, that would be great. I'll be with Sechler and the 1 litre guys. My Avatar pic is my boat. Find it and I can't be too far away.
                Last edited by mhammer; 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Made a deal with Gary Pond tonight. It looks like I have a 302SSH legal hull! We will have to paint it Nauti-Buoy green to match our 1 litre Inboard of course.

Comment

Your all set mate ...hope to see you one day maybe in the first turn .

CMH. 61R
                    Short Fuze Racing
                    Team Darneille
                    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Congrats on getting a boat and a 302ssh. I have raced that class all year and had a good time. It is a fun class and anyone in the class can win.Pm me when you get ready to run or test the new 302. Dave 107s

Comment

congradulations on your 302 just asking about the rules for the 302 how strict are they 102 202 302 are good engines why so strict on the rules

Comment

Chelan ...

When ... Where?
                          Untethered from reality!

Comment

It's meant to take mechanical expertise out of the racing and keep the cost down. No blueprinting, no crank work, no gearcase shaping. If you want to do any of that and spend money, you can do that in the other classes. In the 302SSH class, everyone in theory has the same engine and the same propeller so the outcome of the races is more in the drivers hands.

Originally posted by delatte14 View Post
                            congradulations on your 302 just asking about the rules for the 302 how strict are they 102 202 302 are good engines why so strict on the rules

Comment

adjustments

Originally posted by mhammer View Post
                              It's meant to take mechanical expertise out of the racing and keep the cost down. No blueprinting, no crank work, no gearcase shaping. If you want to do any of that and spend money, you can do that in the other classes. In the 302SSH class, everyone in theory has the same engine and the same propeller so the outcome of the races is more in the drivers hands.
                              In theory anything is possible but not always reasonably probable.

Are you allowed to: adjust timing, use different plugs, change oil ratio, use any outboard oil?

As for props I know the rule prior to race inspectors will juggle all props and blind grab pick will occur to try to illiminate any differences but there will be! I assume to keep as close as possible they come from the same mold and are ground and polished by hand to some standard? No 2 identical props are ever the same.

No oversize bore is allowed. I guess when the engine needs oversize pistons it is relagated to CSH and a new 302ss is obtained, or new block installed for that person to continue in 302ss class? Hope the costs are low for that? Perhaps by then they are ready for CSH?

To keeps speeds at 60 max will be an interesting process.

Regardless I like the idea of this class and hope it stays true to to the original intent of rules?
                              Last edited by ZUL8TR; 09-02-2013, 04:54 AM.
                              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
                              X