Mod Nationals to be Completed at Dayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Nationals to be Completed at Dayton

I have been advised by the Modified Outboard Chairman that the MORC has voted to complete their National Championships at the Dayton Record Runs event on August 24-25. We will run all Stock, Mod and Junior classes both days. However, the 200MH, 200MR, 250MR, 350MR and 500MH classes which run on Saturday will run for the National Championship. All drivers who were qualified to run in the finals on Thursday evening in New York will be qualified to compete in the finals. In the event there is not a full field of boats, we will allow others who come to Dayton to register and run for the National Championship. We will run an elimination race if necessary. The National Championship race will run on the 1mile record course on Saturday. Pre-qualified drivers may run any boat or motor as there is no requirement regarding engine stickers or seals from New York be run.

Any questions, please ask. DRRA is pleased to offer our race site to complete these championships.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

ok....

hey Ed, I will sell you my spot in the finals for 500ccmh since I obviously am not going to make the trip to Dayton to race and the 1 guy getting shafted ................bargain price of $2200.........thats the cost of fuel only for my WP trip..........come on you have the $$$!! Anyways, see everyone next year at Moses Lake!!

also, for another point, your Dayton race is also scheduled the same weekend as one of Reg10's biggest races, which also has our largest MOD turnout.........
    Last edited by mercguy; 08-16-2013, 08:30 AM.
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Joke

This is a joke put a list of the MORC up that did this I was a com. for years and never seen nothing like this . I was at Dayton for the first APBA Nat's in 72. I am sure all of you know APBA MOD came from NOA. so I know the history of MOD.

Comment

Hey Ed, you may have to ask Tom but will the entry fees paid for the Nationals at Whitney Point be applied to the extension of them in Dayton? Jack

Comment

Something to be proud of?

That sure will be a hollow victory... Will the record books have an asterisk*?

* National Champion awarded at a region race where the fastest racers in the country previously qualified at a "Cancelled" APBA national were unable to logistically attend.

As my good friend would say, "flame away"
          Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Rule?

I thought that I had read that by rule no other events could be scheduled at the same time as nationals? so, my question would be are we not running any Mod classes at Eatonville or just not 500cch?

Comment

question answered

Originally posted by PRO-MOTIONRACING View Post
              I thought that I had read that by rule no other events could be scheduled at the same time as nationals? so, my question would be are we not running any Mod classes at Eatonville or just not 500cch?
              MOD RULE:22.1.G: There shall be no other Modified Outboard race sanctioned within the same geographic division on the same dates as a Modified Outboard National Championship. There shall be no other Modified Outboard class or classes sanctioned within the same geographical division on the same date as a Modified Outboard Divisional unless the Modified Outboard chair has written approval from the race director of the club hosting the Divisionals and the race director of the club with the conflicting race.

ALL MOD and 500CCMH WILL run at Eatonville, WA! WA is not in the same geographic divison as Ohio. Next question is how many will Dayton get and how many will Eatonville get. Last region 10 500CCMH race there were 10 boats..... NY nationals had about 15?

Sorry Daren. You got hosed. This is what the SORC wanted to prevent and why we voted not to continue the nationals.
              Last edited by Racerkyle20; 08-15-2013, 02:44 AM.
              Kyle Bahl
              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

What a joke.. 5 fake championships.....Stock finaly makes a good decision and Mod makes theres after a night at the bar
                Last edited by DiGia54D; 08-15-2013, 10:58 AM.
                sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

I have some advice.....

“People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids? . . . Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it."

Rodney King

I hope they bring the trophies. On the entry fees I think the ny club should have them.... I agree it is sad to pay twice, but call it a global warming tax if it will make you feel better. Racing is good people.... Have fun and listen to Rodney King.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                    Hey Ed, you may have to ask Tom but will the entry fees paid for the Nationals at Whitney Point be applied to the extension of them in Dayton? Jack
                    I don’t know for sure and I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. But I would suspect that you will have to pay another entry fee at Dayton. I’m sure the West Coast guys would gladly pay the entry fee if they didn’t have to pay 2200.00 in gas to attend.
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Here's my take on this. No matter what way we go it will be unfaif to some of the racers. When the Nationals are say out West thereare teams on the east coast that can't attend due to time and money. Just the same there are west coasters that don't get to attend when the Nationals are in the east. So now we had mother nature provide the reason for not having a Nationals. If I spent my money on a rig tested like crazy and had the opportunity to attend a Nationals reguardless of the circumstanses I would feel better getting that chance. APBA is for racing and awarding championships. Any other racing organization would do what ever needed to make sure a championship was awarded. Lets be positve not negitive. Good luck and see ya at Dayton
                      mike ross

Comment

Wayne---Right, Wrong, or Indifferent, the Mod's did not make the decision after a night at the bar. We actually met at 1:00 pm on Friday while inspection was going on for the classes that did get to run. We made a decision and then decided we better think about it some more. So a decision was made to table it until Tuesday when a conference call or email vote would take place. This was done to really let people think about what the best thing to do. No doubt that one can really never win with this decision, because someone is going to think it is unfair regardless of what is decided. Just wanted to let you know it was not a rash or quick decision.

Rick Miller
                        34-0

Comment

Rick,
                          the two issues I have are 1...The Stock/Mod Nationals were cancelled not postponed... but If MOD wants to continue it so be it, even though its wrong for the guys that cant make it to Dayton ( west Coast or Down south guys )

#2... How does MOD come up with filling out the field with just anyone? If 7 of the original 12 finalists show up. Dont you think those 7 should run for the title? the other 5 boats didnt have to qualify for it or spend a week and a half vacation and a ton a fuel. Just think of the complaints or flack they will get if the top 3 in 500ccmh were not at Whitney Point. ( That we will soon find out once the race is over )
                          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Entry Fees

Of course there will be an entry fee at Dayton unless someone can make our expenses disappear like the Whitney Point pits.
                            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

MOD RULE:22.1.G: There shall be no other Modified Outboard race sanctioned within the same geographic division on the same dates as a Modified Outboard National Championship.

Curious how this applies to the Neosho,WI approved sanction on the same date within the Division?
                              DAVEY 18w

Comment

Working...
                              X