Indirect Steering Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect Steering Set-up

What is the best/safest way to set-up the steering cable once it is run through the indirect steering tie-backs? Do I need to secure the excess cable?

Yes

I recommend two cable clamps on each side. If you look at the hardware suppliers on this site, Tom Cronk, Machined Components, and others they offer these. They work great, and at least one is required, in some categores and organizations two are required on each side.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I'd evaluate what the maximum length you would ever use and cut off the excess. Use the deadman as the primary clamp and then one additional clamp on each side. APBA requires a double clamp. I'd minimize any excess cable but if you have some, I'd tape it in place. Just one more thing to catch on as you exit the boat either intentionally or unintentionally. Jack
      Last edited by Jack Stotts; 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

And you can also get the clamps at Homedepot
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Most returns are also clamps. So one return and a half hitch with the cable and another clamp.
          bill b

Comment

Once you have it finished, definitely use a little tape to secure the excess cable. If you leave it dangling, it's sure to scratch the hell out of a nice paint job.
            (Been there done that)

Comment

Working...
            X