Tohatsu in 750mod..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu in 750mod..

Ok, let me clarify the decision that was made. the MORC approved the motor to be raced in 750 mod as a prototype for the class. That means it will be raced this year for NO points and cannot be raced at Championship events. The purpose of this is to obtain the necessary data to provide to determine the prospects of the engine. also, the motor will be raced as in stock configuration, with no allowable modifications. The motor will be allowed to use 4 blade propellers and no height restriction, per Mod category rules.

also note that the motor must be in "stock form" and inspected per all "stock rules", which includes the use of the current Bass tower and also 1:1 Bass lower unit, as raced in the DSH class.......
    Last edited by mercguy; 01-28-2013, 02:11 PM.
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

750 mod

How many people on the MORC run 750 MOD ?

Comment

Cherish your smal MFG'

This is super news for Tohatsu.... and all the folks who want to keep running the Merc's as well. Y'all got to keep in mind.... LISTEN UP "Y'ALL.... if WE BOAT RACERS don't create an environment (that's a big word for ) BOAT RACING... where people will need to buy towers... gearfeet... gears.... housings....AND PARTS.... from the few FEW people who make them OR provide them ..... Y'ALL aint gonna have anybody to buy Y'ERR PARTS from, nor NOBODY who is makin them. Ya kno wad I'm sayin?? Ohhh yeah.. that surely includes the freaking MOTOR!!!

But, seriously.... looking at the picture, and it isn't a real big one, the folks who make parts for us boat racers don't have a great volume of sales. We are not Merc Marine, or OMC ..(huh....?? I mean Bombardier.. omc went tits up)... Sidewinder, Bass machines, or Richmond Aero Marine (RAM50) cannot exist... note, I did not say survive, unless the RULES provide an incentive for boat racers to NEED what we make.

Thanks for reading this. And thanks for surviving all the capitol letters which are meant to add emphasis to what I am trying to convey to the few of you reading this post... and that includes Steve Dunn... who I admire (but, who I probably shoulda run-over back at Lockhaven in 2009...lol lol lol lol.. at lockhaven in 2009).

We'll make this "Mod" decision work! And, I'd like to thank Daren Goehring for the time and money he's spent trying to keep "D" alive.

Alex.. The Mad Russian
      Who really aint mad, inspite of his facial expression!!
      Last edited by ram95; 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM. Reason: spellink

Comment

Well if I run APBA again I will not mind being in the back as long as my motor sounds like a D mod..They make sweet music.. It will be a class now like the unlimiteds were a few years ago..The whistle vs's the Rolls Royce Griffons and Allisons
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Pigott View Post
          How many people on the MORC run 750 MOD ?
          Almost half of the commission...
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

D mod

The MOD div. was started in APBA in 1972 , The first Nat's was in Dayton Oh in 72 . I ran DMH 40 cu. and EMH 44 cu at this race I don't think there is anybody here that ran that class if you were there tell me who you were that ran this class. Before that it was NOA called American Professional that did not allow any foreign motors . This is where the APBA MOD DIV came from. Now we have a few people trying to kill the last real MOD class left. Let's let the 44 LOOPER run also. The Toc. is a 43 cu Looper the 44 merc. is 1950 tech.

Comment

Death of MOD

Tell me there name, Did the drivers get to vote on this like in the day when they made the rules or just a few that know nothing. I was a com. for many years a ref. insp. And Multi. Nat Champion in this class. I will tell what will happen in the future as if you don't know .

Comment

Danny

What is the most rapidly declining class in the MOD Category for the past few years?

As I read Daren's post, you cannot run for points.

J-Dub

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
                  What is the most rapidly declining class in the MOD Category for the past few years?

As I read Daren's post, you cannot run for points.

J-Dub
                  25MOD!!!!!.......We need.....HELP!!.....
                  25XS APBA tried with Formula-25/Del Snyder?>>> might help but without stacks NBRA will be the only place left for them.....and I understand the whole noise issue......Folks must be more tollerant out WEST??.....YA'LL!!....HEE HEE!!
                  Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 01-27-2013, 04:50 AM.
                  100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                    25MOD!!!!!.......We need.....HELP!!.....
                    25XS APBA tried with Formula-25/Del Snyder?>>> might help but without stacks NBRA will be the only place left for them.....and I understand the whole noise issue......Folks must be more tollerant out WEST??.....YA'LL!!....HEE HEE!!
                    Steve, you will be happy to know we are helping the 400mod hydro class with the addition of the 25xs stock motor with a few restrictions this year, again as prototype status, so please get your fellow group to grow and race the class!!!
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Crystal balls & old stories

. I will tell what will happen in the future as if you don't know .
                      RE: Danny Pigott

Danny, tell me if you can, what the crystal ball said the "future" held when you looked at it three days ago.

Did it tell you that Merc Marine, an American company owns 51 percent of Tohatsu... or is it the other way around????

Did it tell you that unless all of outboard racing buys more gears, gearfeet, towers, Sidewinder 15/20's and Tohatsu RAM50's that the makers of this stuff will be shutting down?

Did it show you a photo of the J-Merc gearfoot and who makes that?

Did it tell you that J.Pan (ya gotta hate them japs) is the only reason we have C Stock today?

Did the crystal ball tell you that the way we might keep D Mod alive is if we ( in APBA ) adopted the NBRA rules structure where the 44's have their own class to play with, and that the 40" mod mercs, the 44 T-bolts, the 44XS's, all run together with the Tohatsu and put on a great show?

Finally, looking at my crystal ball (the frozen river in front of my shop) I see that if we don't put aside all this jap-crap talk and get busy keeping our suppliers in business we're all going to be looking at old pictures and telling boring stories.

Jussst wondering,

Alex
                      Last edited by ram95; 01-27-2013, 08:13 AM. Reason: spellink

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                        RE: Danny Pigott

Danny, tell me if you can, what the crystal ball said the "future" held when you looked at it three days ago.

Did it tell you that Merc Marine, an American company owns 51 percent of Tohatsu... or is it the other way around????

Did it tell you that unless all of outboard racing buys more gears, gearfeet, towers, Sidewinder 15/20's and Tohatsu RAM50's that the makers of this stuff will be shutting down?

Did it show you a photo of the J-Merc gearfoot and who makes that?

Did it tell you that J.Pan (ya gotta hate them japs) is the only reason we have C Stock today?

Did the crystal ball tell you that the way we might keep D Mod alive is if we ( in APBA ) adopted the NBRA rules structure where the 44's have their own class to play with, and that the 40" mod mercs, the 44 T-bolts, the 44XS's, all run together with the Tohatsu and put on a great show?

Finally, looking at my crystal ball (the frozen river in front of my shop) I see that if we don't put aside all this jap-crap talk and get busy keeping our suppliers in business we're all going to be looking at old pictures and telling boring stories.

Jussst wondering,

Alex
                        Since the forces that be will not answer my question I will ask here is the new rule allowing the Tohatsu to run against the Merc Mod 40 or the Merc Mod 44.. In NBRA they run against the 40 Mod.
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                          Since the forces that be will not answer my question I will ask here is the new rule allowing the Tohatsu to run against the Merc Mod 40 or the Merc Mod 44.. In NBRA they run against the 40 Mod.
                          Simple answer to your question.....both......the 40's and 44's run in the same class in APBA 750......not many 40's race in APBA......so , bring your 44mod to SOA races and race with us...
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

East Coast rules

Nahh you don't want to race on the Left Coast... Haul your stuff over this way.

Remember this? "East coast girls are hip" you'll really love the styles they wear.. and they do the Zumba!

Comment

We also have the best beer out here. We don't sip wine at the end of race day.
                              Mark 55P
                              Team Tower
                              Hydroplane Division

Comment

Working...
                              X