The "UNofficial" plan Z for APBA Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
    So with boat count down because of the economy you want to raise entry fees and make most of the runabout guys buy new boats. This will work.
    Make it roll up or side fin. Keep it simple......N-96

Comment

Originally posted by JP53-N View Post
      ANY hull as long as it meets minimum length, weight and safety requirements and does not trap air under the hull
      So by who's opinion do we use to determine if a hull traps air under the hull? By my own opinion, ANY negative deadrise on a wetted surface could be construed as a design to trap air. I think that's how the rule is written now, and I agree with that. However I do not agree with the exception for "lifting rails."
      That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
        So with boat count down because of the economy you want to raise entry fees and make most of the runabout guys buy new boats. This will work.
        Ditto !!!!

Sam,

Comment

You Have 54 C Runabouts, Now

Originally posted by Bob Rusnak View Post
          Make it roll up or side fin. Keep it simple......N-96
          There are basically 54 C Stock Runabuts now. Set up CRU Runabout us as a three heat class with the proposed rules. When CRU Runabout (Roll Up) has 50 boats that score points, allow them to be a National Class with a National Championship.

Until they can meet the 50 boat criteria they will be a class in Stock Outboarding, but not be a National Class. See where it goes.

I can see four CRU Runabout in California, right now.....

Comment

I am genuinely glad that this thread sparked some interest. Remember to think outside of the box to make positive change. I think we keep trying to sell our “product” back to ourselves over and over. We are not “normal” ….now. Society has changed dramatically from stock outboard’s hay day. It is a throwaway society now, with change happening at an astonishing rate. Ideas and products are conceived and discarded at an alarming rate. Hardly anyone fixes anything anymore. They either hire someone to fix something, or throw it out and buy a new one, no matter what it is. If we even get new members with our present confusing product, they will quickly get frustrated and discard it and go on to the next thing in their life. This is why in stock I strongly encourage parity in all classes while having the currently available engine be slightly dominant. I also encourage the concept of the extra turn buoy mentioned above, or any other idea that yields the same result of tightening up the field, because we all know that after the first lap the race is pretty much over. So go ahead and debate all you want. That is what we need to be doing. But remember, we should not be trying to sell our product back to ourselves.
            Last edited by JP53-N; 01-07-2013, 11:50 AM.
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            X