2013 Region 10 race dates??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
    Besides Eatonville, which is the greatest race ever You should definitely try to make it to Newberg. The history of the place is amazing in itseld, we've been racing there for something like 60 years. It is also the place with the largest spectator crowd we draw, which also makes it scpecial. I also have to admit that every Sunday (memorial day) morning when they put the wreath in the river and Annie sings her song I get pretty choked up.
    Eatonville is perfect and is a great race and we will come if we cancel our race that weekend.. Is Newberg the one with the right turn up the back stretch??
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post
      CORA has also added a race in April

April 20/21: Hagg Lake - Forest Grove, OR
      Has anyone been to this new site..Is it big enough for us to get our rig in and are open pipes allowed.. Camping?

In April it should be a wet, cold one..

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
        Newberg is also the home race for Lee. Machined Components is only a few miles from the race site. As many Montana Racecrafts as you build, picking up Lee's cool stuff in person at the race site can save on shipping.

I was at Lee's shop a few days ago. He has a "BRAND NEW" product he's just finished. Wait until you see it....
        Are you talking about the new throttle I just mounted and posted new pictures on "New Boats for 2013"

Comment

Hagg Lake

Is that race a go...Also...I think spring Yelm is going to happen. 1 2-3 course. gulp. We would be pitting out of senic shores...a really nice facility. Dave in Acapulco

Comment

I'm not from region 10 but Yelm, WA is never a bad choice...

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Has anyone been to this new site..Is it big enough for us to get our rig in and are open pipes allowed.. Camping?

In April it should be a wet, cold one..
              Yes, it has held a number of inboard records on the 1 & 2/3 mile cousre back in the 70's & early 80's. It has good sized parking lots.

Pipes and camping questions will have to be directed to Mike Johnson, he's the one in the loop.

The lake has a skiing half and a no wake half, the skiing half is about 4-5 times the size of Silver Lake, Eatonville WA.

Comment

Anyone have Mike Johnsons contact info.. E mail and phone number??

Comment

Yes & yes

Originally posted by Mikey_Pavlick25 View Post
                  I'm not from region 10 but Yelm, WA is never a bad choice...
                  Regarding Mike & Mike's posts,

From what I have been told, Hagg Lake (Forest Grove) is a huge lake & pipes/no pipes is all good (maybe a CORA member wants to speak up, as I have no history). From what I understand, inboards raced there back in the 80"s...so both CORA & SOA are happy to support this race.

And yes, you can argue, Lawrence Lake (Yelm, WA) is the fastest water in the country and (tentatively) their is an Inboard race...1 2/3 record course, with selective outboard classes...set for April 27/28.

Mike Pavlick...as I communicated with you at the National Meeting...check with me on the status of Lawrence...would love to have your group & others make the trip west & set records (no cutting the course) in April. More information to come after our Region meeting 2/16.

Stay in touch
                  Jim
                  jnilsen529@comcast.net

Comment

Hope you make Pearrygin in October.

David

Comment

Originally posted by dsprint2000 View Post
                      Hope you make Pearrygin in October.

David
                      That is iffy for now but we are trying to get more info on Hagg Lake for ourselves and we will post it here to for everyone else..

We want to see different places

Comment

A word of warning

Pack a lunch and take some NoDoz before you hit the course. You could probably post a couple tweets going down the straightaway. You've seen the "Lawrence Tanks"

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post
                        Regarding Mike & Mike's posts,

From what I have been told, Hagg Lake (Forest Grove) is a huge lake & pipes/no pipes is all good (maybe a CORA member wants to speak up, as I have no history). From what I understand, inboards raced there back in the 80"s...so both CORA & SOA are happy to support this race.

And yes, you can argue, Lawrence Lake (Yelm, WA) is the fastest water in the country and (tentatively) their is an Inboard race...1 2/3 record course, with selective outboard classes...set for April 27/28.

Mike Pavlick...as I communicated with you at the National Meeting...check with me on the status of Lawrence...would love to have your group & others make the trip west & set records (no cutting the course) in April. More information to come after our Region meeting 2/16.

Stay in touch
                        Jim
                        jnilsen529@comcast.net
                        Moby Grape Racing
                        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Working...
                        X