No announcement yet.

Boats are dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This spring a dude up here drowned, because he jumped in after a fishing pole he dropped. His Carhartt bibs took him strait to the bottom.

Natural selection doesn't work fast enough. I say we take the warning labels off everything and let the problem sort itself out.
    Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
    sigpic

Comment

Another candidate for the Darwin award.
      Mark Krzyzanowski
      32-CE

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
        2 people were killed and 3 injured at Lake Englebright yesterday about 20 miles from Yuba City Ca. 2 boats collided. I think one was a pontoon boat. Gezz what jerks out on the water.
        The driver is in jail, charged with being drunk.
        bill b

Comment

Been to the LOTO shootout for over 10 years in a row. No excuses for the lack of driving skills here, but the guy has raced boats for years. This was a pleasure boat with a local interviewer/blogger on board with a camera, which might have contributed to him taking an unneccarary chance there. If you have never been there you have no idea how insane rough that lake can be on that weekend as there are hundreds of 50'-70' cruisers running just off plane creating 6'-7' rollers everywhere. Add to that a narrow lake and steep sheer cliffs for banks. Now add some of the fastest boats on the planet, and it's a wonder you don't see this happen dozens of times in the 5 days it takes to put on the event. We have had some close calls and lots of air time there, and I promise you it wasn't from operator error or being drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
            Been to the LOTO shootout for over 10 years in a row. No excuses for the lack of driving skills here, but the guy has raced boats for years. This was a pleasure boat with a local interviewer/blogger on board with a camera, which might have contributed to him taking an unneccarary chance there. If you have never been there you have no idea how insane rough that lake can be on that weekend as there are hundreds of 50'-70' cruisers running just off plane creating 6'-7' rollers everywhere. Add to that a narrow lake and steep sheer cliffs for banks. Now add some of the fastest boats on the planet, and it's a wonder you don't see this happen dozens of times in the 5 days it takes to put on the event. We have had some close calls and lots of air time there, and I promise you it wasn't from operator error or being drunk.
            I saw this when it first went viral. Surprised the guy had racing experience. Bikinis on display, video running, celluloid courage...

He obviously was going too fast to chop the throttle and jump the roller full throttle, couldn't increase speed enough.

Notice the guy with the video company in port rear seat, even sitting and holding on for dear life, he smashes his face on the side.

PS-hey Kyle, if cars aren't dangerous; why is it life threatening to cross the road? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!
            Last edited by ricochet112; 09-17-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

"Boats are dangerous" is just like "guns kill people". Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early kill people!
              Future J dad!

Comment

He lost his stunna sunglasses...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                  "Boats are dangerous" is just like "guns kill people". Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early kill people!
                  Yup- all about who's behind the wheel, trigger etc.
                  Team Tower

Comment

I was hoping her top would have flew off!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X