X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats are dangerous

You make the call.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQpq1...e_gdata_player
    I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
    The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

better put a capsule on that boat!

Comment

Dumbazz!

After nearly a dozen deaths this summer on our lake, including 3 within a mile of my house who were all killed by drunk runabout drivers hitting pontoon boats, I have no sympathy for the people in this boat. The driver in this video should face charges for endagering his passengers simply based on the YouTube video. It was his own camera mounted to the boat and he's dumb enough to post it..???

Two of the deaths near my home were 9yr & 13yr old brothers. Their 15yr old brother was able to get the 13yr old out of the water and back onto the destroyed pontoon. The 9yr old wasn't recovered until 9 days later. The drunk who hit them stayed 5 minutes then took off. He was arrested sleeping on his houseboat at the marina the next morning. His passenger did not turn him in either even though it was the biggest news story on every radio & TV station in Metro Atlanta that day.

Every weekend, I get furious watching irresponsible boaters on our lake. I feel strongly that lack of enforcement of current/existing boating laws is the #1 reason people drive like morons and kill innocent bystanders. #2 reason is lack of pier pressure back at the dock from other boaters telling the unsafe offenders to "knock it off".

Tom Brockmeyer
      Lake Lanier, GA

Comment

I agree 100% with 25XS on this subject! Absolutely no tolerance!!
        Gardner Miller
        Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
        Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

What is boating?
          http://whatisboating.ytmnd.com/

Comment

yikes!!

that guy needs to learn how to drive a fast boat...........he has no clue.....watch his hand on the throttle....ridiculous!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Nice laugh, Jeff! I think I hurt my neck watching that...

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                that guy needs to learn how to drive a fast boat...........he has no clue.....watch his hand on the throttle....ridiculous!
                Sadly this happens just about every weekend all over the country during summer months. Many times as is reported on the news every summer most of these boating accidents result in drownings and or death.

It is absolutely mind blowing how many people have zero knowledge of just how dangers a day out on the water can be for a novice boater. Ask a novice boater what a roller or swell is and you will probably get a look like are you speaking Spanish? Ask a novice boater if he or she knows how to read the water?

I could go on and on but you get my drift. The average John Doe speed freak weekend boater has no clue what he or she is doing. The folks in the video are extremely lucky that no one died from head drama.
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Anybody can ( with Big Bucks) buy a 100 MPH boat. The ability to drive it does not come with the boat! Very sad for the other people! Took me a long time to be able to run a boat at 100 +. Just too much going on. Now add a Jet ski to the mix and I'm on the trailer. Its just not safe to mix the two types of water crafts!

Comment

Originally posted by Schiada View Post
                    Anybody can ( with Big Bucks) buy a 100 MPH boat. The ability to drive it does not come with the boat! Very sad for the other people! Took me a long time to be able to run a boat at 100 +. Just too much going on. Now add a Jet ski to the mix and I'm on the trailer. Its just not safe to mix the two types of water crafts!
                    Yup, I like to run my Airborn on the river but refrain from crowded summer weekend running. [A jetski hit it tied at the dock one day]. Another day I was following a large boat making a huge wake. To get around it I zig zag thru the primary & secondary wake where there is a break in its size. As I'm passing clear of the wake & a good distance from the cruiser I see a 2 person jet close in for the jump. Thinking this could be ugly I double back, sure enough both guys were so far from the jet they had trouble swimming back. I start to circle & yell a "do you need help?" A few seconds later I notice the marine patrol & decide I'm done here & mosey off. The rules are in place here to the point where fun is compromised but go often un- noticed.
                    Team Tower

Comment

2 people were killed and 3 injured at Lake Englebright yesterday about 20 miles from Yuba City Ca. 2 boats collided. I think one was a pontoon boat. Gezz what jerks out on the water.
                      bill b

Comment

Benny Hill

Here's a little music to go with the first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-d4LEmcGA

Comment

I posted the vid on facebook and i agree that guy is a total moron!He has no right to be in a high performance boat of any kind.Very lucky nobody was killed.
                          Bob

Comment

On a closer look it seems he pushed the throttle up at the sight of uncertainty. If you were going slow & needed the bow up that might be what you want but not at speed like that. Then even worst the dude had no stability at the wheel.. the 1st by far to nose dive. Having such a feeble grip on the situation is the cause.. should'a been off that throttle waaay sooner & warned the passengers to hold on.
                            Team Tower

Comment

Boats aren't dangerous, neither are cars, guns, airplanes, etc. But walking across the street is deadly...
                              28-R

Comment

Working...
                              X