Machinist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinist

I am looking for someone who can put a filler block on a Mark 20 block. This filler block goes to a cornpopper and may be a little different fit, since it's made for a 20H block. It has about 3/16" to much material above the exhaust cover.

Any recommendations on who could fit this filler block in?

Originally posted by cpizze1 View Post
    I am looking for someone who can put a filler block on a Mark 20 block. This filler block goes to a cornpopper and may be a little different fit, since it's made for a 20H block. It has about 3/16" to much material above the exhaust cover.

Any recommendations on who could fit this filler block in?

You Have a "Filler" for the early style 20H Block (Would not not say "Hurricane"- like a Mark-25).

All ya need is to find someone with a Late style filler (20H/"Hurricane" and Mark-25) to buy or trade........

Yer filler is fine for early 20H's that do not say "HURRICANE" on side of block and KG-4/7 and Mark-20(Fish'n) motor blocks!

I have several of each in my shop back North but won't be back till after retirement from Post Office........Hold'n out here out'a da Erie Pa. "Snowbelt".......till March ta see if Congress gits their head out'a der butts and makes a offer ta git sooner?...........March or when Hell freeze's I'll be gone and back home/RACE'N........

Anyone else have a late style filler for this fell'a.......or should he wait, like me, till the earth's core cools?
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-10-2012, 03:21 AM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Steve, I think you're on to something there. It does say Hurricane, so you're right!

Does anyone have one of these they can spare? Would like to get this toilet bowl operational.
      Attached Files

Comment

The other way ta go is......I have a early style block with two good pistons and new top rings......it is .015 O/S and just assembled but not started........stock ports and I have run it before the recent re-ring.............Good runner and was the only Merc ta pass, for the win/final, Tom Sutherland (Lock Haven 2008) in his "Undefeated" run to the Hall of Champions" in AMH(In all fairness he had backed off to make the rest of us not look so far back,.........but he mis-judged my momentum and I passed on his blind side on the outside and never look'd back)........Still the most prize'd race of my career..........I was DQ'd for an Open exhaust megaphone (Need a commode or chamber/muffler with stock 20CI powerhead in A-MOD)....................bummer..........(Please note the "Pineapple" can/muffler...(from previous night's Pina-coladas).. Charlie Fry and My Crew Chief Archie Lewis add'd to the stack on the green tanked A-MOD motor(pic below)...... ta make the second heet dat day!).........

Why would I offer?.....Your block has the bigger water jackets like the Mark-25.........Same ports as a Early 20H........advantage.....None that I know of except........... I run near .400 BTDC lock'd advance with a floated in "Hi-temp" silacone filler without the copper rings to alowe higher exhaust temp without sqeeze'n and seeze'n,......I have never melted a piston in my 20H's but would like that add'd water jacket as hard as i'm push'n these underdogs to the rotary valve,light flywheel, and 25-30HP Hot-Rods...............

Let me know if interest in a trade with option to inspect mine......I will have yours bored to .030 O/S for a couple NOS pistons I have......If..... your ports are un-touch'd/stock
        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-10-2012, 02:35 AM.
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

cpizze1,

Look'n closer at your pics........It looks like your cyls have add'd pads (more than the stock ones) like they did to run these on Meth.
          May werk fine at normal timing on gas but def not legal in AMH.........and would not last at the timing/RPM I'm try'n ta git out'a this tired iron.

Lake/cottage/antique meets you should have a very strong motor! >>>>>>> cpizze1:>

Anyone else with a late model filler for this rocket ride......errr......"Hurricane"?
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-09-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Your right, this was done in the 70's under the new AOF rules, back in its time. This block was going to be for a BMH with new rules. Quincy added the pads back then, with either (.015 or .030 over) pistons. This block is ported also. Don't think this block would be legal for anything these days. We ran the timing at 375 BTDC back then.

I have a standard 20H sitting on the wall that won the AOF nationals back in the mid 70's. Yes, this motor beat the Hot Rods and yes it was legal. Built by a brilliant man named Ted Meredith.
            Attached Files

Comment

I see you have a B-1/25MOD OMC.....Mine are built buy Rick Morris (The "Legal Eagle"/lawyer) in Del City OK.........I have run well with mine in AMH (in stock form/closed exhaust (3rd Mod NATIONALS 2009, Zainsville, Ohio) and second in nation "High points" 25MOD/Bayer stack .......in APBA 2003 or 2004............Dr.Rick Miller runs Sis'ta 22 OMC's to mine that Rick Morris also built........ https://hydroracer.net/forums/showpos...7&postcount=29

Very impressive collection on yer wall........25MOD and AMH are in dire straights for numbers/racers.......please consider coming out ta play with us as a owner or driver!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-09-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Sum more FUN read'n...... https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16102

..........100N:>

PS......Pic below is frum my second favorite day of race'n..........2005 at Warren, Pa.............Just won the BMH/CMH combined class.........Conditions were very rough........I had just won 25MOD before this race and BMH/CMH was wait'n ta go when we came in towards inspection, my A.D.D. flair'd when I saw Archie(in cowboy hat) stand'n on da bank with the gas can and flag'd me over to top off for BMH/CMH........Hence I was fuel'n when someone came over(possibly my buddie "Vice-Grip" on my left) and said Joel has ta DQ you for not report directly to the scales!!!...... "Green flag BMH/CMH!" .............Mad with adrenalin I drove like a NUT......Won both sets pass'n rigs on da outside(Ask Bill Breux-he could NOT believe his eyes!)......Ross Webster said he finish'd second to me and NEVER saw so much of the bottom of a rig in rollers, as he did from me..................SEEEEEE YAAAAA.....IN my WAKE......YAH!.....Hee Hee!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-10-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

The OMC on the bottom middle was built by Ted Meredith. It was the fastest B-1, 25SS out there at the time. It won AOF and APBA nationals back in the mid 70's. We use to race against Doc Miller back then in APBA. Also raced with Lyle Mason, Freddie Hebert and a bunch of those guys. Was a Louisiana boy back then.....those guys were all fast.

Hope someone out there has a filler block for this Hurricane. Would like to put this thing back together.

Good looking engines you got their. Nice mix of OMC and Mercs.

Coady
                  Attached Files

Comment

I.d.

I was showing dad (Lyle Mason) your pics here, it is cool. We are trying to figure out your full name. Coady ? Couldn't place the L21 number in memory.

Thanks,

Dave
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Actually, I'm surprised Lyle didn't remember me. I was just a young kid when I won the AOF Nationals in B hydro with a 20H Merc. The Mercs wouldn't win a regular race much less come close to winning the nationals. Lyle congratulated me because it was a Merc that won the race. Typically, we ran AOF. I believe Lyle was more APBA and running the bigger stuff, C, D & E. With that said, I have to give all the credit to the man who built the engines, Ted Meredith. He could make them run. My name is (Coady Pizzeck). Stopped racing in the late 70's due to college, job, you name it.
                      Last edited by cpizze1; 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Originally posted by cpizze1 View Post
                        Actually, I'm surprised Lyle didn't remember me. I was just a young kid when I won the AOF Nationals in B hydro with a 20H Merc. The Mercs wouldn't win a regular race much less come close to winning the nationals. Lyle congratulated me because it was a Merc that won the race. Typically, we ran AOF. I believe Lyle was more APBA and running the bigger stuff, C, D & E. With that said, I have to give all the credit to the man who built the engines, Ted Meredith. He could make them run. My name is (Coady Pizzeck). Stopped racing in the late 70's due to college, job, you name it.
                        If ya ever wann'a spank the Hot-Rods again just fer fun, I would luv ta team up and run AMH(My 22-OMC/closed exhaust is close).......... or ever mix it up in BMH With the Yamatos at the Nationals/or a local event(I'm near Ashville, NC till retirement) with yer Mercs/22-OMC's on my Artralite 85lb carbon fiber hydro...(Doc (Rick) Miller and I have come close with the 22 OMC in B-MOD hydro till they boot'd/vote'd the motor out)...still need help in B-MOD runabout (for now)...........the "Blue Devil" Arltralite in this vid is twin sis'ta out'a the same mold as my rigs at the OSY-400 Nats 2009.....enjoy:> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQIX8Y4im0

Anyone with a filler block for a new'r.......... "Hurricane".......... style 20H block?

PS.....Have you tried Mike Petty in florida?.......I'll send him a note on "Facebook" tonight.......Gott'a GIT..........ta werK!...........SEEEEE YAAAAAA.....IN MY WAKE!!!............Hee Hee!..........100N:>
                        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-13-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Engine Display Wall

I have to say that I was impressed with your engine display! Those brackets must have been a little tough to engineer. For years I have been thinking about doing something like that with a couple of my old race engines.
                          I need to see what I have as far as MK20H parts are concerned- so I can but mine back together again! It is much nicer to store (and display) an engine that is together than one that is in boxes!
                          Peter Crowley

Comment

Peter, thanks for the comments....The display was something I was thinking about for awhile. This display is in my basement. The wall mounts were done prior to the sheetrock work. I bolted 2X4's to the studs and than glued/screwed plywood to the front. I also put horizontal braces between the studs to keep from bowing. The sheetrock guys were scratching their heads wondering what the heck I was doing. It would have been very difficult to brace after the sheetrock was in. The Mark 58 has a solid piece of (2) 3/4" plywood glued together.

Comment

Coady, we're neighbors!? (Lake Lanier)

Coady,

I just drove a boat past your house this morning? (Across from Cocktail Cove?) I shot you a private message last week, but maybe you didn't read it? I might/probably have a filler block for you. Also, Steve Litzell is an accomplished outboard racing machinist and is "sort of" local (Marietta).

Tom Brockmeyer
                              404-660-9393

Comment

Working...
                              X