X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APBA loves Tohatsus too

Originally posted by Haüenstein View Post
    Hey, APBA loves Tohatsus so much that they tossed the 2nd-place Mercury in favor of one! : )

-Mike H.
    So much that the Stock Outboard commission bought two to have in stock for immediate delivery when someone wants one.

Comment

Tohatsu

Jeff Brewster has the Tohatsu that was on display in pits at Grass Lake, I have the other one in my shop in Kirkland, Washington. In my earlier post I was not slamming Fred....he is a good clean driver and we had a lot of fun in that heat. Davey

Comment

And one last question before I consider a re-work on the plug-rule wording.... and for my records, etc.

Was this a case where only one plug was removed to facilitate the cable routing? Or... were other plugs not installed/missing as well.??

Anybody know? I don't have TJ's number or I'd call him. And, if Peter Faulk were still around (Detective Columbo)..., I'd give him a call too.

Alex
        Last edited by ram95; 08-06-2012, 08:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
          I support the decisions of the race committee and the inspectors. There was no bias.

As for the chop….. I think you are referring to the CSH elim and Kyle Bahl. Sounds like a chop to me. I would have supported that call too, I was going for the wrong buoy (driver error on me). I got crowded by a couple guys going into turn one in my CSR elim ….. but it is racing drivers make mistakes and turn judges can’t see everything, maybe I should have been where I was.

If you care take a little emotion out of it, you would recognize that there really is no limit to when the enforcement of the rule would end or would be available for a common sense call. You have to follow the black and white and change it if it is not correct or if it is not popular. That part takes hard work on the beach.

So, my point was we have too many rules. We get very excited to right new ones at the national meeting. We should not.

And for the debate on the hole in the cowl? I think more air is a speed advantage.
          I agree! BSH should have re-run 2 heats, though.
          sigpic

Comment

Plugs

Alex...I had 2 small plugs removed....one for the starter cables and one for all of the wires and stuff I run to the motor. The plug where the starter cable went thru was completly sealed by the cables...while the other one had a very small amount of wiggle room in it. I am not sure which one TJ got me on.....maybe one or the other or both. I think there are a total of 7 rubber plugs ranging from quite large to very small...which are there to facilitate access for starter cables etc for the fishing motor version. I have honestly moved on with the whole thing.....I try not to dwell on the past...but I think we need to address this issue at Dallas next year. Also, I think as a group we are going to have to decide how detailed the inspection/tear down process is at record races and national events. I walked around the pits after my rig was loaded on trailer and saw at least 10 boats that if I was inspector I could throw out for minor things, ranging from non oem decals on motors to numbers that did not have one inch boarders to white numbers that were placed on grey hulls to non oem A cowlings, to Matt D'Agostinos illegal sponson tips etc etc etc. Again....I am not trying to beat a dead horse....and I do respect Scott Reed for "drawing a line in the sand" which sometimes has to be done. This is going to be my last post on the issue, and I am going to close the thread Tuesday night. I don't want to see this turn into a giant controversy. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X