This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSH at Grass Lake

Congrads to Brent Wallbrun for winning D stock hydro at Grass Lake. Rest of the field was a mess with both Gweedo and myself in second place, with both of us getting thrown out in inspection, leaving Scott Clark with second and I think Fred Hauenstein in third. Dave Anderson.

why the DQ?
    bill b

Comment

Dq

I was thrown out for not having one of the little rubber plugs in the front of my belly pan...I took it out to run the cables from the battery to the starter solenoid. I was beyond stunned that they threw me out. If it was height or fuel etc I could understand...but something like this? A minor little thing that makes no difference in motor performance? This is why people quit racing. Dave

Comment

Did you appeal it? So it goes to the SORC Commission.
        bill b

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
          I was thrown out for not having one of the little rubber plugs in the front of my belly pan...I took it out to run the cables from the battery to the starter solenoid. I was beyond stunned that they threw me out. If it was height or fuel etc I could understand...but something like this? A minor little thing that makes no difference in motor performance? This is why people quit racing. Dave
          Now I don't claim to know the stock rules any more (are any of the motors in "stock" really stock? The Yamatos ****ed sure aren't!), but I'd have to agree with you on this. I wouldn't ever again race a "stock" class if I was being paid.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

did you run the same set up at 2011 nats???

Comment

Yea, petty bs. That's why I first quit stock and then quit racing alltogether. That is why people quit.
              They just take all the fun out of it, just to say they are the best of the other 10 or 20 guys nationwide that race a boat. Heck, that's less than one a state.

Bill Rosado
              Last edited by modracer7b; 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

is it in the inspection tech manual for the Tohatsu? It is legal to install a starter. How are you supposed to route the Electric Cables?
                bill b

Comment

Cables

It is in the inspection manual that u have to run all of the plugs in the belly pan. I am not sure how I was supposed to run the cables Oh well.

Comment

Dave sadly it is too late to appeal. however, you are on the SORC put the matter on the agenda for the National meeting. If the rule states that you can install a starter then you must have an approved method of installing it.
                    bill b

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                      is it in the inspection tech manual for the Tohatsu? It is legal to install a starter. How are you supposed to route the Electric Cables?
                      Bill I have just read the tech manual for the Tohatsu and rule 10 is that allrubber plugs provided must be in place, however rule 23 says you can use an electric starter provided by the mfg, so i guess I would like to know is where does the factory have the wires going from the starter? looking at the Tohatsu specs from the factory I would have to say that if the wires went through part# 20/21/28 grommet for batt cord or part#37 key switch then it should be legal just an oversite from the D Tech committe but then again they are merc guys so go figure.

Carl

Comment

Dave sadly it is too late to appeal. however, you are on the SORC put the matter on the agenda for the National meeting. If the rule states that you can install a starter then you must have an approved method of installing it. I think if you appealed it the commission would overrule the DQ. If it was a first that hurts. Tohatsu's looked good. Daren jump but he was running real good
                        bill b

Comment

Dsh

I understand why I got tossed....just finding it hard to understand why they would throw somebody out for such a minor thing...I always thought the races were for the racers....and I was always taught to keep an open mind on things...nothing ever turns out perfect...after all we are human. I have moved on and am fine....I did not throw a hissy fit or anything. Dunno what I would have done if I had got first overall. Davey.

Comment

Si do you and peters have been running illegal equulment fir how long? Will the two of you you have to fux it or di you just keep running local races with illegal equioment? Just wondering.
                            Steve
                            106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

sucks bad dave

sorry to hear about your DQ by MHRA inspectors. i have to say this seems to be a really chicken sh** call on a non-performance item.

why was gwedo pitched?
                              Last edited by Team 12R; 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM.
                              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
                              X