No announcement yet.

The state of Stock and Mod hydroplane and runabout racing 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their will be a meeting in late Aug to set a date.
    Art K

Comment

Originally posted by thepiranhabros View Post
      Little help?

Forgive me if this appeared somewhere else; I did do some digging on older threads throughout HR.net, but admittedly not much.

Can someone please post the coordinates/address/location of this place? The best I can deduce is it is in central North Carolina(?) Is the the Lake Lucas everyone is talking about here?

Thanks!
      The Lucas Oil Speedway

700 East Highway 54 Wheatland, MO 65779
      (417) 282-5984

http://www.lucasoilspeedway.com/

http://lucasoilspeedway.com/news/201...ded-lake-luca/

Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, MO. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With it's entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks. Clickwww.LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VNhMu4BslCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Last edited by HRTV; 07-12-2012, 06:30 AM.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Ah!

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
        The Lucas Oil Speedway

700 East Highway 54 Wheatland, MO 65779
        (417) 282-5984

http://lucasoilspeedway.com/news/201...ded-lake-luca/

Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, MO. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With it's entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks. Clickwww.LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.
        Thank you, sir!
        Michael J. Mackey
        Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
        Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
        Yamato Aficionado
        21-V

Comment

Kevin and Brian are right, we are not going to attract more entrants from other orgs by poking them in the eye with the invite. How we do it is by excellance. We will be percieved as the place to race, because we project ourselves that way. Anybody remember Dayton in the 70's and 80's? We need Lucas to be our Dayton. A standard to which all other races will aspire. We had a great show and it was run fantastically. Let that stand on it's own merit. This was our first time there.... as the POSITIVE comments rise to the surface, interest and participation will naturally follow. Just one man's thoughts...

Comment

The satellite images on Google Earth are not current, and do not show the lake (I assume it is man-made based on the fact that there is no water in the image, but evidence of construction going on south of the dirt track).

Next question: How big is this body of water? (Length and width.)

Thanks!
            Michael J. Mackey
            Yamato Aficionado
            21-V

Comment

The satellite images on Google Earth are not current, and do not show the lake (I assume it is man-made based on the fact that there is no water in the image, but evidence of construction going on south of the dirt track).

Thanks!
              Correct it is a man made lake which was recently open in 2011 design for racing.
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Thanks!
                3,500 feet long
                400 feet wide, approx from the gal that answered the phone 417-282-5984
                8 feet deep

Comment

No Discrepancy

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap View Post
                  I would have loved to come to the Lucas race but with it being around the 4th of July and the distance it was impossible this year. Had family and kids from out of town visiting us. Plus we have a discrepancy in our rules for ER weights.
                  Bob
                  Bob, there is no discrepancy. The weights are in black & white in the NBRA rule book. Hope to see you at Centrallia IL. We race hard and we have lots of big runabouts that like to play.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
                    3,500 feet long
                    400 feet wide, approx from the gal that answered the phone 417-282-5984
                    8 feet deep
                    D'oh. I did see the phone number there in the previous post. It never occurred to me to actually call and ask. Thanks for calling and posting the lake dimensions.

The is obviously a great place to run in a straight line. I'm interested to know how a kneel-down race (with turns) worked out on a 400-foot wide course. Those must have been some really tight corners!
                    Michael J. Mackey
                    Yamato Aficionado
                    21-V

Comment

Suggestion

Thanks!
                      Look up Lucas Oil Speedway. They have all the details on their website, a facebook page you can like, and photos from our testing in April while there (which was posted here on HR and other sites) and now they have pics up from the NBRA race there as well. You can also browse a lot of pics of the facility there. It shows the lake in use with drag boats, our stock & mod boats, the dirt track, etc. In addition I am betting some helmet cam footage will be posted sometime and maybe it will find its way to Hydroracer. This should give you a very in depth look at the facility we raced on. As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I agree with Kevin M. Come or not, makes no difference to us. We have our rules set, the class structure, the weights, and everything in between. Like it or don't. But it ain't changing because it is working.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

More Links

I am not very computer savoy, but here is what I found when simply clicking around the Lucas Oil Stadium website.

Here is a video of the exhibition race we all talked about back in April, here on hydroracer too.

http://www.facebook.com/LucasOilSpeedway/videos

Here is a link to the photos that the Lucas Oil folks took while we raced there last weekend.
                        http://www.facebook.com/LucasOilSpeedway/photos
                        They posted these daily as the day went on too.

Here is the link to the general facebook page:
                        http://www.facebook.com/LucasOilSpeedway?v=wall

And here is the link to their website. The website has a news feed that updates every day as needed. It has a big fan base that get tweets and emails about events at Lucas, what is up and coming, cancelations, etc. etc, etc.

I don't what else to do to provide any more information, other than to say, if you have any questions, you can always look here on HR for updates. Or call me. Email me. Go to the NBRA website for the complete schedule, and class structures, insurance coverage, Tech rules, and we even had a Pit Talk Forum there we like to use.

Call anyone in NBRA, they are typically pretty cheerful folks who want nothing more than to have some fun racing boats. Politics stay at home.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I'm planning on getting an E or Super E over this winter to run on my Pro Runabout and if I do I intend on running as many NBRA races as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by T Chance View Post
                            I'm planning on getting an E or Super E over this winter to run on my Pro Runabout and if I do I intend on running as many NBRA races as I can.

Get BOTH! Race one class Saturday, the other Sunday.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

E or SE

Originally posted by T Chance View Post
                              Tim,

Since I do know your boat somewhat, I recommend a Super E. We have a Krier that does not handle the E very well, but you hang a Super E on it and she blisters around well. Let me know when you need a hand.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X