The NEW AMERICAN HOT ROD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW AMERICAN HOT ROD!

Hello most people already know me, Dean Sutherland.

I have recently accepted a position working for Ron Selewach at HRMC starting in January. On top of working for Ron at HRMC (Ron's business) I will also be working with him, among others, on the American Hot Rod project. Ron and others involved will be attending the APBA annual meeting and plan to present in both the Stock and Modified meetings a manufactures report. I do not want to speak to much about this yet.....however I will say it is our intent to give a five year plan and outlook as seen by American Hot Rod. I will also add that we have a development plan that could provide racing engines for four classes (or within four speed ranges) 37, 55, 64, 70 MPH within 5 years. This plan will include the significant milestones we see from a manufactures standpoint and also from an APBA standpoint. Already significant time and dollars have been spent in making the first few steps (the first are the hardest). Not much has been heard about this because Ron wanted to make sure he had something to show and not just a lot of talk. You will see new and improved parts at the meeting, this will mark the official "kickoff" on the NEW AMERICAN HOT ROD company.

We obviously will be looking to solicit reaction and approval for out plan so we can structure our manufacturing efforts appropriately.

This is just a bit of what is to come.

Thanks,
    Dean Sutherland on behalf of the NEW AMERICAN HOT ROD

Dean, congratulations on the new job! Will you be relocating to Fl or staying in the frozen land

Comment

Ron or Lesli........

Hello Bob,

Well that depends on who gets their way.....Ron or my wife, Lesli.

Actually it has already been deciede......Lesli won. Before we got married I told her that I race boats and will do it until I die, so do not ever ask me to quit. She told me that Michigan is where her family is and she never plans to leave it.

So....bring on the frequent flier miles.

Later,
      Dean

Comment

Dean,
        Congrat!!! Does this mean you'll be flying back and forth as you hinted to in your last post. You'll have to figure out a way to fit your CSH in your carry on so you can haul it back and forth. Good luck with your new venture.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

congrats

congratulation to you dean, ron and the entire hot rod company. i am pleased to hear of the progression of the new motors. i'm looking forward to seeing these new motors out on the course.
          Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Thanks Spencer and Joe,

I am looking forward to getting you guys back into Hot Rod rigs! not just looking at them on the course.

Later,
            12M

Comment

Congratulations Dean Ron is a great guy and Im sure you will enjoy working for him. I didnt get to meet you in person but we ran together at LockHaven laborday weekend in BSH. Im working on a new CSH for Ron right now and will get to meet you when I take it down to him.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Dad not me.....

Hello George,

Actually that was my dad you ran against, Tom Sutherland. I ran Hot Rods for about ten years, buy I got to big for them and have been running CSH for a few years now. I did run some 20ci Hot Rod this year in the 25 class and am going to do that again next year. I think a few more may try that this year also.

Look forward to meeting you George.

Later,
                Dean

Comment

20 ci Hot Rod

Hello, Is the APBA stock comission going to approve a seperate 20ci. class like it used to be BSH 365lbs. or are they going to continue to mix with the 25 Merc. They need to get there act together. Its stunts like this that drove many of us Hot Rod drivers out in the first place. get it passed an I will be back like a pit bull.

Comment

Congratulations To American Hot Rod....

Congratulations to the New American Hot Rod Company, Ron Selewach, Dean Sutherland and Others. I certainly look forward to seeing your new motors and will most definately be interested in the fastest class. I have owned both 15cu.in. and 20cu.in. Hot Rod motors in the past.

Do you have a "target date" in mind as to when you might have the fastest motor available for production and sale?

Thank you very much and Good Luck in your venture.

Dean Hobart
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                    X