No announcement yet.

New Format ( By John Runne )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John, I believe in trying things. I've done flag starts and lemans starts some of which turned out good and some bad for me (slow roper)but in every case everyone had fun! I think all who participate will go home saying that it was a great event. A little change in our routine ounce in a while is good for all of us, even us old guys.

Comment

Pleasenton California

Pleasenton has been a triangle course for years. Very fun and definetly a driver's course. It's a fairly large body of water which makes for long straightaways and tight corners. They still use a clock start but it's a blast.
      28-R

Comment

I say go for it John. We need some new ideas and this sounds like a lot of fun. We had a ASR marathon at Williamsport a couple of years ago with a lemans start and 2 man crews. It was the most entertaining race of the weekend. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Shawn Breisacher
        Shawn Breisacher

Comment

this is all pretty interesting. now part of the set up is how quik u can get on plane not just a fast setup sounds fun

Comment

i think its a good idea. for the A's it would level out the playing feild a little more, kinda borrowing the idea from kws. but the J's might have a little trouble with it. other than that, like all the others, i say go for it. you never know how it may help the sport.
            Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Boat Set Up

What would be the best hydro set up to run a triangle course with a lemans start?

Comment

Waterford, Ont. has a tri-oval course that I really enjoyed the one time I raced on it. A clock was used for the start but the beach start sounds fun too. Would it be possible to have all the engines started and held out of the water, then drop the green flag? Just an idea for guys who are afraid their engines won't start.

Years ago at our club races, 3 Rivers, we used to have a free for all race at the end of the weekend and it was started by a lemans start. Now, this is when we had pro's in the club but stock and mod guys would race it too and it was fun to watch.
                Joe Silvestri
                CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                JH/JR

Comment

Put OSY-400 on program and me and my 202D will be there!!!!!

25MOD/B-Mod and I'll bring a whole class!!!!!!!!!!

19P
                  100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

hey stu
                    i understand what u mean about leveling the field for the a's.
                    but i dont understand why u think it would be hard on the j's please explain
                    from my limited experiance it seems as if the j's (region 7) have the most depth
                    in there crews as far as experience and knowledge goes just wondering.
                    kevin

Comment

ps do u mean because they are limited on the props they run or what ?
                      Last edited by kws; 12-16-2004, 09:40 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

by the j comment i meant just plainly getting on plain. most j's seem to have an impossible time getting on plane with the set-ups their crews help them set up. but even with a set-up that "giving" and allows to get on plain easier, the motors just have a hard time getting fully on plane. i just see a couple of j's still trying to get on plane halfway down the straight away. i never raced it or helped j drivers set up but from watching, this is the impression i get. correct me if i am wrong though
                        Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

ROFLMAO
                          far be i for me to correct you i have all of 2 race weekends racing apba there for still feel as if i am on the outside looking in so to speak kevin

Comment

Working...
                          X