• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol!!!!!

Comment

Amusement park

Originally posted by B1PRORACER View Post
      Was that near an amusement park? I think we raced there once in the 70s. I remember Nick Birbari talking about racing there in the 30s.
      I dont remember an amusement park there, there was one @ Lake Quassapaug in Middlebury..only ran there once in the early 50's. I dont think they raced there in the 70's..the park was gone. I think the race @ the N.end of Candlewood was in Echo Bay. I raced @ Harbor Park in Middletown every Memorial day from 52'to I think 60'..went on my head testing b4 my first race right in front of that bar. Those were fun days with the C.O.A.

dion arrigoni

Comment

Could it have been Lake Compounce? There is a lake and an amusement park in Bristol CT.

Comment

Canobie Lake Park

There was one race at Canobie Lake Park in Salem New Hampshire, next to the amusement park, in the early 1970's. They were very strict on no human flesh was to touch the water, no swimming, boats could not be refueled in the water etc. Park rangers roamed the pits for infractions that could result in fines and/or arrest. I dumped the boat on the last lap and upon being dragged to the pits was met by a stern looking Ranger with handcuffs ready, the stern look quickly turned to a big grin and "was I alright?" It sure got alot of laughs.

Comment

Lake Compounce

There were races at Lake Compounce in CT in the late 70s run by Yankee Power boat Assoc. Small course.

Comment

My guess is Mike P found out the info for what he needed about Danbury?
              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
              X