Yep....

About an hour East of us.

Should I ask?

Michael D-1

Comment

Mike, I am about 45 minutes away.
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Mike, I grew up on Candlewood Lake and my Mother stills lives there. Did you have any questions abouth the area?
        Kegs

Comment

Can we get a race on that Candlewood Lake?

Comment

lived in danbury for 14 years and my mother still lives there. I even got a long taking to for testing a FEH during dinner time and breaking ALL of the rules for the lake... I'm lucky the officer used to race Pro.

Anyway I don;t see it happening, too many boats and people on that water for a race.
            Engler Custom Paintball Guns

click here for our website

Comment

Take a look at that bar in Middletown on the river.....There is a college boat house next door for those long row boats(scull'n?).........That bar/club would be perfect or the college launch property if they would be open to it!.......Only about 10 Mins from Mike Schmitt?
              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Mikey

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                Anyone live near Danbury, CT?

Mike

Mikey
                Looks like half the Outboard Community lives near Danbury...........Pond and I live within shouting distance of the White House .If ya need anything from O'bama let us know!

Comment

Middletown race

Hi Steve,
                  I tried to get a race going at the Harbor Park site you suggested two years ago. The town was all for it in principle but nobody would actually take charge and specify how many emergency personel would be required from each department, and how much they would cost so we could attempt to raise the money to cover them. The Coastguard was somewhat cooperative, but the D.E.P. never responded to the permit THE TOWN submitted so...
                  If someone had the time to make it a full time effort, maybe...
                  Brad Snow
                  sigpic
                  Brad Snow
                  21 Rosemary La.
                  Middlefield, Ct 06455
                  (860) 349-0283 home
                  (860) 798-7463 shoe phone

Comment

I live in Danbury (5 minutes from the ramp) and go on the lake on a normal basis. I think it would be awfully tough to race on that lake. There are way to many big boats on it, and in general just an extremely busy lake.

Comment

I'm probably 1 of the few left that raced on Candlewood. We actually had 2 races there , one @ the south end & the other @ the north end [east side ] , was a beautiful place to run. not sure but Racer Allen might have run there also...the year ? 53'>54'

Comment

Was that near an amusement park? I think we raced there once in the 70s. I remember Nick Birbari talking about racing there in the 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by B1PRORACER View Post
                          Was that near an amusement park? I think we raced there once in the 70s. I remember Nick Birbari talking about racing there in the 30s.
                          Yes there was The Great Danbury State Fair here in Danbury once upon a time. Still can't believe they dozed it over and put a friggin mall there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-D 1-US View Post
                            I'm probably 1 of the few left that raced on Candlewood. We actually had 2 races there , one @ the south end & the other @ the north end [east side ] , was a beautiful place to run. not sure but Racer Allen might have run there also...the year ? 53'>54'
                            I cruise my boat on Candlewood Lake every chance I get. Never on weekends though!

Comment

Originally posted by aceman1 View Post
                              I cruise my boat on Candlewood Lake every chance I get. Never on weekends though!
                              Hey aceman, don't go showin off your little girl in public like this; I got a horny 30H taking cold showers until they meet.
                              Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Working...
                              X