No announcement yet.

Been a week, someone pick a new topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt if your going to use a didgital clock ya better have one in your boat to if the sun is shining on the front of it it blends right in with the shore.
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

True, Gordon . . .

Methinks a small zenon flasher clicking off at a flash per second rate on top of the elusive black face digital would solve that problem. Zenons flashers sure make our local school busses visible in poor sight conditions like rain and fog.

Problem with digitals is the $$$, they cost a bunch, so I would be against any "rule" that they be the only legal clock. For major events like Nationals clubs should step up and offer use of whatever super equipment they have. Seems to work that way here on the Atlantic Coast.
      carpetbagger

Comment

whats wrong with the big clocks you have been using?

Comment

Well we can always try the results tower like they use in F1-UIM racing wait a minute they also have pit chics not to offend anyone but have you walked around our pits lately
          Attached Files
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I always thought racing on different clocks was part of the challenge. Putting on a Nationals (or any other big event) is a ton of work for the host club. One of the bonus' for doing all that work is that members get to race on their home water with their home clock. Each clock has it's own "personality" and to standardize that would take something away.

I can see a flashing strobe for all clocks because depending on the sun glare and the background, all clocks can be hard to find once in a while. But I would be against a mandate on a certain type of clock.

just my 2 cents

Brian 10s

PS - I also always thought the round clocks were the great equalizer. Youth and exuberance vs age and experience.
            Brian 10s

Comment

Pit Chicks !!

Dan,

I say you and I form a committee comprised of us. From this we are going to hire several "Pit Chicks" to parade for all our viewing pleasure. You set up the interviews and they can come to my office, I have the perfect interview type office.

Any offers on photographers for our ventures in the pits ?

I think we can grow boat racing if we get several Pit Chicks roaming around getting the fans excited !!

Who is with me ????

And for those digital clocks, I want my pit chick flashing her lights for the minutes ticking by so I can see the clock !!
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

" Interview Office " LOL check out my latest poll, I think everyone should take a chill pill and laugh a little come on guys radios ! really who cares !
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

i will take photos . i am not bad but no pro promise to get better with more practice lol

Comment

Hey Dan..........

Wonder what the girl racers would think of your survey.............Maybe you should consider parading through the pits in a 't-back'. All is fair in love and boat racing...............sometimes.

Respectfully

Santa Claus

Comment

Opps I forgot about the dads who might chime in on this one (Matt) I might need to re-think this post
                      HTML Code:

Comment

roflmao considering that this is a family sport i asummed u were joking in the first place

Comment

You can have your "pit chicks" but than we get "pit hunks" parading around....

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                          Tomtall 06

Comment

I nominate Bill Walker to be the east coast Pit Hunk
                            HTML Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Admin
                              I nominate Bill Walker to be the east coast Pit Hunk
                              Dan,

I must say, I think you crossed the line here. In fact you probably crossed a few. But I must say that I second this nomination for "Speedo" Bill Walker. I just hope you know what your getting yourself into.
                              Ryan Runne
                              9-H
                              Wacusee Speedboats
                              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison
                                You can have your "pit chicks" but than we get "pit hunks" parading around....
                                Kristi....
                                you know who my "pit hunk" is...haha...we'll see next year if things will be the same...

Comment

Working...
                                X