No announcement yet.

Been a week, someone pick a new topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a week, someone pick a new topic.

Some one pick a new topic for this week.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

New Sub.

How about horses! ha ha jk
    ~*71w*~ AXSR & AXSH

Comment

Bass D Motor?

Well, it is not my class, but I am pretty sure it will come up so....

How about what to do with the new Bass motor? Was enough testing done? I beleive they will seek to make it a legal engine this year? So what should the commission do?

People with the facts about this motor please chime in!

Later,
      Dean

Comment

I never heard of that kind of motor. No surprise. i spend most my time in horses!
        ~*71w*~ AXSR & AXSH

Comment

This might liven things up?

How about.....

radios
          the number of blades on the propeller
          minimum weights
          maximum heights
          proper attire
          coke or pepsi
          Ginger or MaryAnn
          hydros or runabouts
          John, Paul, George or Ringo
          Mac or Windows
          Ford, Dodge or Chevy
          natural or artifical bait
          if a tree falls in the forrest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make any noise
          full face or open face (helmet not sandwich)
          kevlars
          Last edited by Dave_E71; 11-15-2004, 08:33 AM.
          I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
          The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

coke or pepsi

pepsi cause i get sick of coke really quick!
            ~*71w*~ AXSR & AXSH

Comment

pick

pick:

Quarter horse or Arabian
              cowboymagic or showsheen
              indoor arena or outdoor
              Tack Room in trailer or none
              15.3 hands or 14.2?
              small hooves or big
              concrete aisles or dirt
              long mane or short
              wrap tail during winter or leave it down

Hopefully this should bring out the horse lovers!
              ~*71w*~ AXSR & AXSH

Comment

Any of those are fine as long as I don't have to have to wear that silly helmet with the bow

I thought AR-E (Augustine Racing - Equine) had posted some pictures here but I guess she didn't. Guess she's keeping a low profile since she fell off the horse
                I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
                The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Helmet

Hey, at least all helmets don't have bow ties! Mine doesn't. Way too girlyish!
                  ~*71w*~ AXSR & AXSH

Comment

MaryAnn vs Ginger

Come one . . . That's an easy one

MaryAnn, hands down!!! That girl next door innocence, could cook and wasn't afraid of getting dirty.
                    Had all the looks and wasn't high maintenance as Ginger.

We need a harder question . . .

Less filling or taste great
                    Brian 10s

Comment

I got a good one:
                      Merc or omc?
                      ~*71w*~ AXSR & AXSH

Comment

The New D (not Nudie)

Originally posted by CSH12M
                        Well, it is not my class, but I am pretty sure it will come up so....

How about what to do with the new Bass motor? Was enough testing done? I beleive they will seek to make it a legal engine this year? So what should the commission do?

People with the facts about this motor please chime in!

Later,
                        Dean
                        Dean,

Not sure if you're on the SORC this coming year or not, but if you are, I think what you will find when the motor comes up at Atlanta that the Bass Bros have definitely done their research in terms of test data and information on how this motor is working out. They spent a LOT of time, both testing on their own and letting others race the prototype here in R10, and threw in a number of variables each time they ran it to try and make this motor work.

Whether or not it gets approved as a legal D motor is in the hands of the SORC; but that being said, I hope they find some place for it to run in Stock: there has been considerable investment in time, energy and money to provide us with a turnkey racing motor; and the data I have seen that Neil is compiling is more than the stuff I ever saw come before the Commission than when the Merc 15, Yamato 302 or some of the other motors were being proposed and rubber-stamped through.

They've done their homework. The SORC needs to do the right thing and find a home for this motor.

And did I mention that is the COOLEST SOUNDING stock racing engine since the Crescent Super C?

R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

" I think what you will find when the motor comes up at Atlanta ."

Do we all agree that this information needs to be out before the meeting. Making decision like this need to be well thought out.
                          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Bass motor coming soon?

I am quite aware that the Bass motor issue has caused a lot of snarling and gnashing of teeth in the past but Dean still has a valid question that sooner or later must be answered. For my part if anyone wants to buy one and race it in D stock, I say let 'em. If it kicks butt, then more of them might sell. If it doesn't, well at least part of the solution was proven on the water and not on the internet chat circuit.

One thing though, don't start with the "new motors will attract new racers" argument for this class (DSH). D is not now and has never been an entry level class. Rookies have a steep enough learning curve as it is without turning them loose in an 80mph bullet.

I have over 30 years of racing in the D class so I guess I am a little biased.

Comment

Originally posted by don11w
                              Do we all agree that this information needs to be out before the meeting. Making decision like this need to be well thought out.
                              Agreed. I would imagine that Eddie the Chairman will be sending out info well in advance of the meeting in the Commissioner's packets, and further expect that Neil will be providing him with his data (if he hasn't already).

R-19
                              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Working...
                              X