No announcement yet.

Top O Michigan Marathon Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one seen any photos or video from this years race? What is Kevin Johnstons web site? I dont have his card anymore. Thanks

Comment

There are some good photos here:

http://jopho.exposuremanager.com/g/2...thon_nationals

I sure wish we could get a photographer out on Mullet lake. It'd be great to get some racing shots though the 5 foot high waves!

Can anybody tell me where I can view the complete race results?
      (All finishing positions)

Thanks!

Comment

Mary Ellen Hagerl will post them on TOMORC web site when completed. May take a few days as this years race may have been hard to tabulate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dust33
          Last year an accomplished hydro driver relayed his recollection of racing Top O’ in the 1980s, and of his vow to return in 2011. As his story progressed he became flush red and his eyes got all crazy. Then he offered that the wild thing is, is that EVERYONE that goes to Top O has a story like that! An incredible, crazy, unbelievable story that gets your adrenaline up just thinking about it. Amazed!

Thank you to all who got me to and through the Top. From StarDust Racing to the anonymous H-guys, both 57&121M, the CEs, and everyone Inn Between.

Hearing from those who had done Top O’, dreamed of doing it one day, or who were now about to take off….and knowing I knelt among them….Yes Sir, that was indeed something special. And the God given day on Mullet Lake was as sweet as they come. There will be no claims of “you shouldah seen it back in the day” or “that was simply Cheboygan Calm”. No, from what we heard & saw, Saturday’s Nor’ Eastah was a certified full moon event that was truly tidal. Sunday was pretty great too. And we were there!

Stick taps sent to every A & B that turned Saturday’s corner into Mullet, and to all who answered Burt‘s call on Sunday. Can’t imagine what they were thinking! Small Hulls, Big Hearts.

True enough, the drive home wasn’t so great. But, as it’s said, Nothing is Gained without Tolls!

THANK YOU MICHIGAN!

Note to Wife: this was the best anniversary yet!
          It was great to meet you. I already can't wait for next year...look forward to seeing you then

Comment

Trim Help

Originally posted by Tomtall View Post
            Thanks for the report.

Do you know who won "J" on Saturday and how many "Classics" raced?
            Tom,

I sent an e-mail to you. Did you get it? Please respond to my e-mail address ,jschubert@wi.rr.com.

Comment

For those who are interested, Here's a link to many photos of the Ecuadorian's Top O' experience.

http://www.ecuadorboatracing.com/g4.html

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                For those who are interested, Here's a link to many photos of the Ecuadorian's Top O' experience.

http://www.ecuadorboatracing.com/g4.html
                Jeff, great photo's. One question? Did our friends from Equador that spectated, and did not race this year wish to? I'm asking because I may be able to make one CSR available for next year. Mark

Comment

Working...
                X