100 hp stock murc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bill hoctor View Post
    For a second here i though Mike Barrett was back!!!!!!
    Or "Hydroplane junkie."

Comment

Originally posted by jwoc200 View Post
      hey EKorpe i dont think anybody asked you? did any body her me ask you???? NO!!!!!!!! so if u have somthing rude to say get out of this conversation now!!!!!

whoa!!! Eric is being honest and telling you how it is.............he's been there, done that........

honestly, you are attempting something very unsafe and dangerous. The boat is not designed for a big ass heavy motor.............you wanna go that fast buy a PRO motor, of which the boat is designed for!!!!!!!!!!

are you willing to spend $6000 plus on a motor???? Thats what its going to take minumum!!!

take that 100hp Merc and put it back on the fishing boat it was designed for..............being a Merc tech for 25yrs, I can tell you that motor is a POS!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Sent ya a P.M.
        Bob

Comment

Agreed

Don't put that Merc on that pro boat unless you do some serious modifications to the engine. If you build a custom tower housing that the gearbox driveshaft basically goes into the crank with very, very, little length, you are going to have bad things happen, even in a straight line.

With that much weight on the back, you will be upsetting the balance point built within the design, and that is one thing you can't overcome with ballast.

I agree with others, if you can afford it, purcahse a Pro Engine that is specifically built for this hull. You will have around 15K - 20K invested into the engine if you purchase brand new turn key race ready pro engine. This would be a 500CC or higher available engine.

Suggestion to keep it affordable, and still have fun if that is to much to invest for you. Look around at some of the for sale ads on boat racing sights such as this one. Often times you can find an older pro engine that is not competitive with todays advanced technology. Such as a Yamato pro engine. I know I have seen several for sale over the years, of 500CC's and above. Those would work great for your hull. I imagine you could pick some of these up for well under 3K.

Some websites for you:

USTS - they have a link listed on this website, check out the links section here on this site.

BRF - boatracingfacts.com

A real good source of info is available if you ask in the right place.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
          X