100 hp stock murc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 hp stock murc.

ok so i have a 100 hp stock murc. i want to run alcohol through it im getting a pugh capsule boat i want the boat to go over 100mph will my 100 hp do it i can turbocharge it what would i have to do im not gonna race it with you guys im more of a drag boat racer let me know
    thanks
    james

Get a racing gearcase.

Comment

boat& motor

For a second here i though Mike Barrett was back!!!!!!

Comment

how much do they cost and what do i do about more power out of it its a 4 cylinder inline but i want the engine to do 140 mph in about 8 seconds 1/4 mile

thanks
        james

Comment

100hp?

Inline 4cyl ? better give it a 250 shot

Comment

ill do whatever it takes lol the 100 hp murc. is a jet tho i need a lower unit that has an in and out with a prop
            thanks
            james

Comment

Originally posted by jwoc200 View Post
              how much do they cost and what do i do about more power out of it its a 4 cylinder inline but i want the engine to do 140 mph in about 8 seconds 1/4 mile

thanks
              james
              it AIN'T gunna happen with that engine!!!!!!!!!! Spin it over 5800 consistently and the crankshaft will break!!!! That is a TERRIBLE engine to start with! You want those kind of speeds and RELIABILITY, get a V6!!!!!!!
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

my hull is a 13'9" pugh capsule hydro can it handle the waight
                thanks
                james

Comment

Im no expert on pro racing but i think it will sink the boat?The engines that are made for that hull put out over 150hp i think?The hull would make an awesome drag boat but do some research and build the right motor for it.I thought abought the same project a few years ago with a modified 45ss engine.It would be a fun drag boat project but i think you could get the proper engine for less than you would have into getting your merc set up and you still wouldnt be happy with the results.Just my opinion,Good luck with your project.
                  Bob

Comment

You an to run 100 in the quarter run an OMC 99 cubic inch V-4 built by Bill Gohr....It will eat anything in its path....
                    Bill Schwab
                    Miss KTDoodle #62C
                    -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

how much do thay cost????? how do i get a hold of him??
                      thanks
                      james

Comment

Bill Gohr can be found on BRF. He lives in Island Lake, or some near suburb in Illinois. Used to work fro Ralph Kozan, building some of the fastest stock inline sixes ever made in the 60's/70's, then he went to work for OMC....No on
                        e gets near his stuff at the Blaneys Island drags every Thursday night.
                        Bill Schwab
                        Miss KTDoodle #62C
                        -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

whats bfr does anyone have his number?????
                          thanks
                          james
                          Last edited by jwoc200; 08-02-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Another joke??

Those boat anchors will snap that flimsy pro boat in half!! how tall's the transom? maybe a foot? width of boat maybe 34inch and you want to hang 300 or more lbs of whatever on it??? cmon surely you cant be serious!

Comment

hey EKorpe i dont think anybody asked you? did any body her me ask you???? NO!!!!!!!! so if u have somthing rude to say get out of this conversation now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X