Race site prospect'n help? APBA,AOF,NBRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

I sent the DVD last week...on Wednesday I believe. You certainly should have received it by now.

If you don't receive it, you could always watch the video by logging onto www.trora.com. The video appears and plays automatically on the home page. When you meet with your guys, having a computer near could be helpful.

I will ask Jack and Jeff about your tapes when I see them.

As for my race in BSH at the Nationals in 1998...I got a 1st and 4th or 5th. Dean got a 1st and 6th. So, it didn't come down to time. That was the fastest I ever had the BSH going that season. Saw 65 on the meter and a ton of punch. Stopped racing the class because my boat was feast or famine. I either won the race by starting at the front or barely could hang on behind other boats. Not a fun ride. Plus by racing BSR too, it was too hard to keep 2-3 FAST Hot Rods going.

My dad's phone number is 330-536-8942. New email is pandcholt@att.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
      If you are interested in sanctioning thsi as an NBRA race I would suggest getting hold of a couple people prior to talking to potential sponsors. As one said, have the ducks in a row first, then seek out your money.

Dan Crummet - NBRA Pres

Alan Owen - Knows how to put on a race and get the town and sponsors. He puts on Centrallia IL and has a solid Alan.

You should be able to find their contact info on the NBRA website or on this site. Hint, check out the NBRA thread.
      Dave , Thanks.....Dan contact'd me.....will be in touch with him today-Sunday?
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-03-2011, 02:57 AM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
        To get our new site in Montana we had to make up our own DVD to submit to Avista. Nothing is easy when it comes to promoting boat racing. You also really need to get facts and figures to show how much possible income can be generated for the local business. After our first race last year the Town businesses were impressed and figured we brought in $50,000 for one day of racing since the first two days had to be cancelled due to spring run off debris.
        Mike, Could you send me a copy of that DVD?....Thanks....Steve
        1777 us 70 West, Lot-56
        Marion, NC. 28752

PS......attempted membership donation......will try again "Pay-Pal"....... Friday/payday

100N
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeRacing View Post
          Steve, Give Carl Staron a call. Several years ago AOF made up a Club Handbook with a section for selling races. We always sent one to each club each year or to anyone interested in promoting races. In the promotion handbook was everything from a generic contract, to copy of insurance, to a flyer explaining our races, etc that was a cheap easy to copy handout, to a very colorful "Go Race" magazine put together by Hunt Leavitt and was very professional. From what I understand, Carl is still using them for the Eastern AOF clubs. Has helped AOF secure the Pineville races, the Florida and New York races for AOF this year. This would be helpful no matter what organization would use it. It would have to be tweeked a little though for other sanctioning bodies.
          Connie; Will call "Crl. Sanders"/AKA "Chicken legs"...Carl...... tonight.....Need a couple Hot-Rod pieces fer Jesup anyway.....Thanks!...100N/Steve

"Happy Chime!!!!"

Comment

".......No,.and don't call me.......Shirley"

Errrrrrrrrrrr......."don't call me "certainly".....Lesslie Nielson Police Academy/Airplane?

Dana, If you sent "media-Mail" it may be here Monday-Weds?.....the true "Snail-Mail".....but cheepest......"Will keep an eye-out fer ya .Honey!" (part of an old Navy whore-house joke).

Thanks all who have and are responding......got my werk cut-out......but it is a fun job once I git my attention deficit mind ..........around it!

Western North Carolina an amaze'n area...(Kind'a like were we had the Warren, Pa. race at Kinzua, but all over)........Hope Ya'll get ta experience it....whether boat race'n, motorcycles, cruise'n the "Park-Way".........or help'n me with some corn mash by-product my neighbor here in da "Trailer-Hood" brought over in a Mason-Jar in a Bo-Jangles" sack...........

100N/Steve French.....................

Originally posted by dholt View Post
            Steve,

I sent the DVD last week...on Wednesday I believe. You certainly should have received it by now.

If you don't receive it, you could always watch the video by logging onto www.trora.com. The video appears and plays automatically on the home page. When you meet with your guys, having a computer near could be helpful.

As for my race in BSH at the Nationals in 1998...I got a 1st and 4th or 5th. Dean got a 1st and 6th. So, it didn't come down to time. That was the fastest I ever had the BSH going that season. Saw 65 on the meter and a ton of punch. Stopped racing the class because my boat was feast or famine. I either won the race by starting at the front or barely could hang on behind other boats. Not a fun ride. Plus by racing BSR too, it was too hard to keep 2-3 FAST Hot Rods going.

Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-03-2011, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dholt View Post
              Steve,

Dana, CD arrive'd yesterday-----16 days later......WOW!....I might even call the Marion Post Master and complain.......and I work for the Post Office!

Thanks....Steve 100N
              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-13-2011, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Dana, C-D has been very helpfull....Now I need ta find time ta call APBA and the fellers above.....One of the best tools going fer this race that I want ta help/host here at Lake James, is ta just show up with race trailer to test and set up easy up and all rigs as if going ta race!.....people come out'a the wood work with questions.....Some possitive/supportive.....some....negative and look fer a way ta cut/knock/shut ya down.............(?)
                Last weekend I could not go to Tabor city cause of a family situation that is slowly werk'n it's way to a conclusion......"All I'll say about that" (Forest Gump).... out'a respect for those (who may/may not be)....effect'd.

So, Instead I set up at Bear Creek Marine fer two days (Thurs/Fri) and then Sat moved to the Lake James Moose Club Marina/Campground......At both places I set up every thing as if at a race.........Wow..almost as much fun.........if only I had charged batts fer camera>Bummer

Took Ky-yak to check out debree from lake being lowered over Winter for first time in 10+ years.....TON of cool dried drift wood--------every were!.......Load'd boat/ky-yak 2 times and would like ta go back with truck/empty sled trailer ta grab a dozen loads ta sell at local flee markets....some really nice drift wood for decorate'n/art.....but SUCK'd fer test'n!
                About Noon the wind god had blow most stuff down river .........Lake James is a man made flood control/hydro-elec dam controlled, lake that is one of several on the Catawba river system in North Carolina.

Made a couple conservative passes in front of small crowd of campers at the Lake James Moose Club campground and then head'd North a couple miles to the Bear creek Marina Cove ta check out race site area.
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 05-09-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X