Race site prospect'n help? APBA,AOF,NBRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race site prospect'n help? APBA,AOF,NBRA

Have been look'n at several possible race sites in North Carolina,South Carolina, Tenn,....and one thing that seems would help is to have something in yer hand besides yer hat....when talk'n to powers that be/"Big Kahuna's"

Insurance coverage/liability info?
    Community/charity benefits/......we need ta give something back for having too much fun on public water.......ehhhh?
    Promotional stuff/brochures (like Dana's Stock Outboard video)....which I could use a copy of to see the CEO of duke energy about Lake James?

Have done allot of foot work, talk'n....advertize'n/sponcership check'n....and some get it....some think your full'a BS,............ or scam'n.

Do the sanctioning bodys...APBA/AOF/NBRA/WXYX/etc have some assistance....errrrr...kit to take with ya so you don't look the D/A of the day? (As I do without try'n)...Links?

Or, Is it left to the clubs/individual level ta figure out?

Back in region 6..(PA/NY).........Archie Lewis and I found about 1/2 dozen sites that never got support/interest.....so far, so good, in region 4.

Pre-apologies....If my "Pee-Brain" (Charlie Fry "the infamous"....quote).......ignorance is show'n AGAIN.....Sat Night live quote:...."Steve, you ignorant SLUT" (Dan Akroid)

"Communication is KEY...to our success"......Mr Wheeler.

Thanks,
    100N/Steve French......................
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-23-2011, 11:43 PM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

marketing 101

If you come up with a sight you have to figure what BENIFITS you can sell to the sight manager / owner. ALL SSOA races BENIFIT a charity.It makes it a lot easyer to present your Idea to town/ local officals when you show them what THEY are going to get out of your program. Have all your Ducks in a row before you start. Plan on 2-3 years to get a new sight . good luck.

Comment

Steve,

Send me your address and I'll mail you a copy of the Stock Outboard DVD.

As for printed material...check with APBA.

There is certainly readily available info on the website about some of what you're asking. Liability insurance is $5 million.

Good luck. Hope to see you at Franklin.

Dana

Comment

To get our new site in Montana we had to make up our own DVD to submit to Avista. Nothing is easy when it comes to promoting boat racing. You also really need to get facts and figures to show how much possible income can be generated for the local business. After our first race last year the Town businesses were impressed and figured we brought in $50,000 for one day of racing since the first two days had to be cancelled due to spring run off debris.
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Steve

If you are interested in sanctioning thsi as an NBRA race I would suggest getting hold of a couple people prior to talking to potential sponsors. As one said, have the ducks in a row first, then seek out your money.

Dan Crummet - NBRA Pres

Alan Owen - Knows how to put on a race and get the town and sponsors. He puts on Centrallia IL and has a solid Alan.

You should be able to find their contact info on the NBRA website or on this site. Hint, check out the NBRA thread.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Steve, Give Carl Staron a call. Several years ago AOF made up a Club Handbook with a section for selling races. We always sent one to each club each year or to anyone interested in promoting races. In the promotion handbook was everything from a generic contract, to copy of insurance, to a flyer explaining our races, etc that was a cheap easy to copy handout, to a very colorful "Go Race" magazine put together by Hunt Leavitt and was very professional. From what I understand, Carl is still using them for the Eastern AOF clubs. Has helped AOF secure the Pineville races, the Florida and New York races for AOF this year. This would be helpful no matter what organization would use it. It would have to be tweeked a little though for other sanctioning bodies.

Comment

APBA has brochures and everything you need to pass out from insurance to info on the boats, and also race promotion. Call Gloria at APBA-HQ its yours for the asking, they will ship it directly to you at no cost!!
              444-B now 4-F
              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Thank you all for the leads/links!!!!!!!!

100N/Steve French
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Steve, Jordan Elliott here, I'm the president of TORC as of this past fall, we have some great promotional material we have been working on, if interested, it may give you some ideas. If anyone is interested, contact me at www.jecontracting@gmail.com and I can pass on info.... only hitch is you have to attend one of our races here in Ontario!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by dholt View Post
                    Steve,

There is certainly readily available info on the website about some of what you're asking. Liability insurance is $5 million.

Dana
                    Steve French
                    1777 us 70 West Lot 56
                    Marion, North Carolina 28752

Thanks Dana,
                    Send invoice and I will send check for tape and postage on box.

PS....Not sure on Franklin....But I would like ta see how yer O'l Pavlick (20+ years young?) ....runs out that I lent Joel in 20SSH!

My schedule will be limted to;
                    Spring Lock Haven
                    Tabor City
                    Jesup (Winter Nationals)
                    Fall Lock Haven
                    Maybe Alex, KT
                    Lake James (tenative 22/23 Oct!)

Maybe Texas
                    Maybe Pineville

Say Hi to Mom+Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by cottagecreep View Post
                      Steve, Jordan Elliott here, I'm the president of TORC as of this past fall, we have some great promotional material we have been working on, if interested, it may give you some ideas. If anyone is interested, contact me at www.jecontracting@gmail.com and I can pass on info.... only hitch is you have to attend one of our races here in Ontario!!! lol
                      Phone#...........ehhhhh?

100/N

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
                        APBA has brochures and everything you need to pass out from insurance to info on the boats, and also race promotion. Call Gloria at APBA-HQ its yours for the asking, they will ship it directly to you at no cost!!
                        Thanks Howie, will do once I see vote/ballot results. and send membership fees.

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                          Phone#...........ehhhhh?

100/N
                          My phone is frozen in da snowbank out back, I'll dig it up and turn it on, hope the cell towers are activated once again...lol (note: this could be a true story where I live) 705-801-5774 Evenings.

CBF #15, but I race 14ce and 16

Comment

Originally posted by dholt View Post
                            Steve,

Dana
                            Dana, Are you send'n a copy?......If busy could I have permission to have a friend burn a copy from U-tube?....Not sure if that is possible?

Also, Next meet'n/visit at Jack and Joan B's, Would you ask if they still have my video tape adapter that goes from full size video to vhs-c?.....I think it also might have a few vhs-c tapes with it of club races I left for non board members ta watch while we went over club issues.....Also there is my copy of the 1998 Wakefield Nationals there I brought to show you battle'n out with 12M in BSH......You in the Blue 2S Race Craft and 12M Dean in my Blue/White Webster BSH.......He won one heet you won other?.....What was the time dif you one on?.......Wow!.......Why did you guys lean away from BSH?.....I'd much rather watch you two duke'n out with a couple Hot-Rods in BSH than 20SSH/CSH .......Guess now that you two promote'd/support'd the "B" changes.............We'll see ya as leaders of the first dozen in BSH with 20 Sidewinders?.............COOL!
                            I've still got the Webster and I could probably barrow your 2S racecraft from Russ at Canadohta lake.........2 -Sidewinders and 8-10 restricted y-80s.......................Green Flag!.............How would ya like that opportunity/fantasy "B" ride?

Also if you see Jeff and Mary W. would you ask them for my 2000 (?) Nationals tape?....I lent it to Jeff ta show Bill Breux....It's the one where he git's run over in BMR........Video freezes just before he's hit but screams in audio continue.....I mentioned it to Bill a couple years later while buying some of his motor parts and he had not seen it yet from Jeff....was interesting to hear him tell me he wanted an un-edited copy!..Sure miss Bill!

Perhaps I could call?..........Just wanna be prepared to present program to Duke energy in a community benefiting way?

PS....Will edit out mishaps from presentation.

PSS...Need yer Dad's number to order some hardware and kneel'n foam.....Archie has "Pack-Rat'd" all mine......Hey, he's gonn'a be 75 and still my most devoted team member (Next ta Charles Fry).....Gott'a luv him!

"In race'n Brotherhood",
                            100N/Steve French...............
                            Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-31-2011, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
                              If you come up with a sight you have to figure what BENEFITS you can sell to the sight manager / owner. ALL SSOA races BENEFIT a charity.It makes it a lot easyer to present your Idea to town/ local officials when you show them what THEY are going to get out of your program. Have all your Ducks in a row before you start. Plan on 2-3 years to get a new sight . good luck.
                              Thanks Fast Jack!.........actually Abby and I have a tentative race date of Oct 22/23.......?

Should be perfect for last minute points chasers............Weather was still great here last November/Fall.....and locals will probably have little interest in us being there that late in boat'n/fish'n season.

PS....Did you git my current address to return 22-Merc side cover/filler block?
                              1777 US-70 West, lot-56
                              Marion, North Carolina 28752
                              That part will complete my 3-rd 25-MOD/BMH rig if 3 rigs need'd ta make a class at a race my team attends.....you avail to pilot?
                              Hope ya had fun with the Long Island gang in B-1..?

Archie and I just bought a 20 Hot-Rod from Howard P...to run on my Altralite.....Wann'a prove a point in BMH.................Now if I can JUST.... git dat 74MPH wheel Steve Johnson sold Jim Roberson...............!

100N/Steve French
                              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-31-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X