No announcement yet.

whats up with raceing suppliers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main thing to remember is that most of these suppliers do this as a hobby business. Most of there time is spent at there PAYING job to take care of the family. Also if they supply parts for one particular class they have to wait till they get enough orders to make a run. I make sure I don't make an exact date promise but none of my stuff takes over 3 months usually. I paid for a part a year ago and it is getting done and that is fine with me. If you change classes and need different equipment then you better plan well ahead.

I think for suppliers it would also be easier on them if the big organizations had few classes to consolidate the amount of parts that need to be supplied.

If this thread gets out of hand we will get rid of it.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

"happy chime!"
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Not who you deal with ==How you deal with them

Perhaps the problems you are having geting parts is how you deal with venders. I have purchased ; 1 new boat , 2 props, steering parts,all in 2011 with no problems , I am having a pipe built and expect it in a week or so .I make a living in the pleasure/fishing boat industry. In a market that large I have delays in geting parts from Huge venders. Be happy we have folks that will supply small orders or 1 off parts- at a reasonable price.

Comment

Boat

If I ordered a new boat and it was not delivered within a reasonable amount of time within the delivery date promised...

A year and it was not what your ordered ? That is your fault for accepting the boat in the first place. Refuse delivery and get your money right there on the spot.

If I were you I would switch builders, there are only a few around, pick a reptuable one already and be like everyone else already.

The only issue I ever had was with gearbox delivery dates not being kept. But it was a new product being developed over seas so it took time.
          The sad thing is, you could combine the world wide boat racing community and not have enough to keep a real business going strongly.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Don't dump this thread - a lot of this stuff needs to come out on the table where people can comment on it. I was just razzing Cheny about his "street sweeper" (sawed off shotgun) approach, but we all get leaned on at one time or another and have to listen to the harmony sisters (Pizz & Mown) while they tell a tale of woa. Which often turns out to be a convoluted story where they are largely to blame.

Let the thread wear out on its own - it will

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
              Don't dump this thread - a lot of this stuff needs to come out on the table where people can comment on it. I was just razzing Cheny about his "street sweeper" (sawed off shotgun) approach, but we all get leaned on at one time or another and have to listen to the harmony sisters (Pizz & Mown) while they tell a tale of woa. Which often turns out to be a convoluted story where they are largely to blame.

Let the thread wear out on its own - it will
              So true Alex, for some folks they would not have a reason to go on if it wasn't for the sisters!
              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

as i have stated that this is NOT me *****en,,,it was other drivers *****en to me,,, i have always paid my bills with suppliers and never written a bad check,,,,usually deal cash,,,sooo,,,,, and i have delt with the few providers that chimed in here and have always had great work and service from them,,, and have known them my 30 years of raceing,,,, ,,,,of course some of the bad suppliers prob wont,,,chime in,,, but we need some kind of check on these bad providers and keep newbies from getting screwd ,,,,i think,,, some kind of feed back some how like e-bay or???..... and dave m,,, that why i build my own race boat and engines now,,,heheeh

Comment

Lesson Learned ?

Now that this thread has brought to light some issues a new team or person can encounter, it brings merrit to the idea that is kicked around a lot. Mentors. So often a new racer has to seek out information from many sources. This is a problem. Knowledgable and seasoned racers alike should be able to be tapped to take one under their wing and be a single point of contact sort to speak. Be it a sounding board or a simple question of who should I call to get this coil replaced. Mentor can also help with boat set up, testing, etc. We have a lot of knowledge at any race, why not use it.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                  X