whats up with raceing suppliers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats up with raceing suppliers????

ok ,,, i know 5 people already in the calif/wa area that cant get there parts they have orderd over 5 months ago ,,some have payed 1/2 the price already and still cant get parts,,,everyone in the country knows when there season starts,,,, hec florida already there first race last weekend.... these suppliers ...people who choose to be in bussiness,,, cant supply what they sell in a timely fashion???...,,,, iam talking boats gearcases center-sections exhaust??? add too it,,,, if we expect to make a sport grow how the hec can ya tell someone that wants to get into boat raceing they have to wate 6 months till they can get there stuff,,,,,,come on be real people,,,no wonder other sports growing when they have the parts on the shelf...

Form-E One/ Gearcase parts backordered 6 months??

Hello Form-E One;

You mentioned Gearcases (Gear Boxes), with parts undelivered for 6 months.
    I have no backorders for parts for Yamato Gearcases, Konig Gearcases, Yomato Gearcases, Yomato Lite Gearcases, Komato Gearcases, and Konny Gearcases. To the best of my knowledge, I ship all parts within a week of receiving funds. I do have many, many "Checks in the Mail" from racers that never were received if that counts. If I owe you any parts, let me know. Thank you.

Jim McKean..........."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

deff not aimed at you jim..... just a general out crying to suppliers,,,,, as we all want to go raceing ,, not wate for parts or lack of parts suppliers dont have,,,,,....on a different note when is the big gear new kamatos going to be in stock???

Comment

Nobody waiting on TOHATSU parts or anything else from me, that I know of.

Anyone need TOHATSU parts, or:
        Boyesen T32 or T32R Reeds
        Tiny Tach (commercial) with 12' leads or with quick-disconnect engine harness?
        Wiseco pistons?
        Tohatsu oversize pistons (usually weight matched)
        Cowl Teez to secure your Tohatsu top cowl
        Tohatsu reed block sets of 3 with new style reeds
        M50D2 short blocks, empty blocks, crank assemblies (welded or unwelded)

I've got all this stuff in-stock at decent prices. I can have most things drop-shipped to your doorstep next day. Pay by Pay-Pal, or credit card (mc / visa / disc ). Checks and money orders are fine as well, and your parts will be on their way the moment everything clears.

Call me - Alex
        DSH 8A "Stagger Lee"
        DSH 12A "the Mad Russian"

Tohatsu Parts For Competition Only
        207-737-4570
        netohatsu@myfairpoint.net

Comment

Parts supplyer

No, nobody waiting for parts from me either, got all my orders sent out. I sell internal power head parts for the 44 and 25XS motors along with some accessories and good used items, etc. As a matter of fact I am working on a website to serve my racing and collector customers better. Look for www.outboardpardise.com in the coming months.

Mike De Lisa
          Outboard Paradise
          mike@outboardparadise.com

Comment

form-e one

Hi Chenney;

I appreciate you saying lack of parts didn't apply to me.
            In answer to the "big Gear" 2011 KOMATO, I expect them in time for JESUP.
            We'll have ratio's of 11:15, 12:15, 12:14, 14:15, 14:14, and 15:14 O/D.

As a note, I have "Gear Sets", 14:15, for Yamato Hatchet, on the shelf.

Jim McKean..........."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

really?

must be big money in the sales of one-of-kind racing parts....

chenny... i know a guy who runs a machine shop that won't bid real paying jobs for less than 60/hr. i know that racing parts such as gearcases, towers, pipe-rings and special stuff pays him less than 5 bucks/hr. he does it for the sport.

patience my man.... piss him off and there won't be anyone making cool stuff at all.

btw... he hasn't had the time to even test his own stuff yet this year cuz he's spending every spare moment building stuff for other guys.
              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Parts

Dont take the job on then! Truly sux to rely on others!!!!!

Comment

Parts

Very good point Eric. All I want to sell is hardware.
                  Lee Tietze
                  Machined Components
                  Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

This thread is going no where good in a hurry
                    Sattler Racing R-15
                    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                    TEAM VRP
                    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

this was put up for other racers ,,,,not me,,,,, just people *****ing at me when i chat with them,,,,, as you know i dooo most my own work,,,, except for the important stuff,,, thanks lee.......

Comment

No "street sweepers" please

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                        ok ,,, i know 5 people already in the calif/wa area that cant get there parts they have orderd over 5 months ago ,,some have payed 1/2 the price already and still cant get parts,,
                        Cheny.. c'mon man... stop with the shotgun blasts. Be specific. "5 people"? who are they? WHAT is their need? WHO are they dealing with? EXACTLY what are all the factors involved.

Are 75 D-Mod racers enough to keep 15 people in business around the country year around making one of this and three of that? Aint no way.

You make a lot of good points, but lay off on with the street-sweeper okay/

Alex
                        8A Stagger Lee

Comment

ram... if i was specific i would get deleted before it got up here,,,,, lets see one guy orderd stacks a year ago 8 of them finally got,,, about 2500$,,,.. remember few yearsback took me 2 years to finally get a new hydro i orderd,,, and wasnt what i orderd,,,,mm,, also know of some manufactures dont stock parts on the shelf for there products ..they tell ya can get them here and there,,,go figg....as i say this is people voiceing there frustration to me,,,, not me saying it,,,,me just bigg balls to take the heat from guys,,, as ya can see from new boats columm, i build 90% of my own stuff,,, how else could i brake 100mph in mods...daaa.... i get frustrated when newbies,,, ask where can they buy stuff and get into the sport and other modders not getting stuff when promissed..,,, and they hit a brick wall alot of the time not always ,,,buuut,,, especially the mod catagory,,, we all not 135lbs or want to do 70 slow mph,,,,,

Comment

Parts

Why would I pass up a dollar to make a nickel. Considering the dollars keep my doors open. Then occasionaly you have to chase down that nickel to get it. I have a wall of shame with names of deliquent accounts. Some are years old, even in my own region. So if you want it bad you get it bad. How bad do you want it?
                            Lee Tietze
                            Machined Components
                            Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

yaaa babby ,,, luv it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X