No announcement yet.

Lucas oils speedway nbra race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in the Midwest we are getting sponsors and getting paid to race. We need passing and close races to make it work for the sponsor and fans. I raced for thirty five years and I know the feeling of being out front, but if looks boring, the fans will not be back next year and you lose your sponsor, who has his money on the line. Make it look good and maybe we will race again.

Comment

I have done it before at our first race in Montana last year and it really is fun. Trouble is there is always one person that doesn't want to play. The fans don't have to know and they really get into it. Last year we had a rookie in a sandwich as we came around the last corner, I bet it was a race he will not soon forget. It was a photo finish for sure.
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

OK OK... I'll play

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
        I have done it before at our first race in Montana last year and it really is fun. Trouble is there is always one person that doesn't want to play. The fans don't have to know and they really get into it. Last year we had a rookie in a sandwich as we came around the last corner, I bet it was a race he will not soon forget. It was a photo finish for sure.
        Okay guys, I'll play. Maybe we can get some people to place bets and we can kinda set things up. Reminds me of the days back in my other youth working for my uncle, as a scab roofer in NJ. We'd go into some bar and get a game of pool going and clean house. My uncle was a world champion pool player but youd think he was just a regular dub. Yeah... I can see a way to make some real tow money.
        Alex

Comment

Does anyone have an idea of the approx. dimensions of the lake at Lucas?

Comment

Dimensions

400 feet by 3500 feet

Comment

Originally posted by treadguy View Post
              Does anyone have an idea of the approx. dimensions of the lake at Lucas?
              From another thread.
              "3,500 feet long
              400 feet wide, approx from the gal that answered the phone 417-282-5984
              8 feet deep"

Comment

Lucas

Lucas is a great site and the races were good. The D MOD race was a little to close for comfort on the last lap. Our GoPro got the action. I will try to edit the video and post it on YouTube.

Alan
                Attached Files

Comment

Little Close

Da*n, did they say turn lift or right ????? Just funnin boys. Hope no one
                  was hurt in that mixup.
                  You folks are doing great job in NBRA. Wish I could be in there with you.

Stan Henderson

Comment

I always heard black paint is stronger than white paint........or was it the angle of the dangle? Heard you all had a great event and hope to come join you in the future..

Comment

The white boat was obviously damaged. What about the black boat?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

ok........ok. The black boat looks bad too. As long as everybody is ok, boats can be fixed.

Comment

other than white paint on tonys boat it was in really good shape
                          Jeff

Comment

Lucas D MOD video

Below is the link to the video. Both drivers were ok but our L-7 needs a lot of 500 MPH tape and two tons of west system. Hopfully David sends the wood over to fix it before the Long Course Nationals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SySQ...hannel&list=UL

Alan
                            Last edited by OldRacerBU; 07-14-2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X