Lucas oils speedway nbra race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas oils speedway nbra race

AS of today , we now have a tennitive race date at the LUCAS OIL SPEEDWAY, in Weatland Mo. at the DRAG BOAT RACE lake. our meeting with the GM at the speedway was very informative , There 1st priorityt is the Grand opening of the drag boat lake on july 18th, and cbs sports will be airing this, Barring any complications with the compleation of the facillitieys at the site Our race date here is AUG 20th and 21st, Prize and tow money TBA , This is a great bunch of guys at the track and this will be a huge step forward in the world of modified outboard racing
    Jeff

Great job Jeff!!!!!! This could really be a great thing for racing, especially in our area.

Rick Miller

Comment

Future nationals site? This place looks awesome i would definetely want to run there! Good luck in August! We all want pictures! or video!
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Lucas Oil Speedway

I was at the meeting along with Jeff and Burt Hoefs. We were told that if they felt that they had other work to complete after the drag boat race that might preclude any other events until next season. The track manager will be in contact with us in th next couple of weeks. That is the reason for a tentative date. Guys this could be a big game changer for our sport. The plans for the lake and the facilities are beyond our wildest dreams. To see the airial photos of the lake go to Lucas Oil Speedway. com click on the drag boat section. It looks narrow, but we took a look at it today and we think it will work. I have been a racer for a long time and have sold and promoted a ton races in that time. Never before have I been this excited for the future of our sport.
        Art Kampen

Comment

http://www.lucasoil.com/imagelist2-140/0/DragBoatTrack
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Great Job

Wake up call....

Nice work Jeff. I am glad the NBRA has the future of boat racing in mind. I am proud to be a part of this great organization, and look forward to representing the State of Michigan at the race. As the Michigan commissioner I invite everyone to this race, and any other NBRA race. It is the organization for the racers and is about as fair as it gets.

Regards,

Dave Mason
            38-M
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I would be willing to totally change boat/prop/ basically everything I have worked for the last 20 plus years, for the chance BOAT race on the PROFESSIONAL level. BTW same dimensions for a race course in downtown OKC with big $ sponsorship. Great possibilities, thanks for all the hard work, I am 100 percent behind you! Let me know if I can help. Bryan

Comment

I'm going down and buying some Lucas Oil today, and putting it in my trucks.
                They support us...We should support them.

BUY LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS!

Comment

OUTSTANDING WORK NBRA!! LUCAS supports many types of major motor sports but still has time to help the little guy.
                  The NBRA's vision and desire to promote and grow our sport, combined with the LUCAS package, could be just what we need to keep our sport alive and well.

We are proud to use LUCAS in all of our heavy equipment and over the road trucks!

sigpic
                  SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

The facility looks great! I especially like the potential pit area with plenty of access and off the main straightaways. I'll be there and would encourage all to put this event on your schedule. Jack

Comment

We would go in a heart beat if it was not the weekend before the race in Montana that my wife and I put on.

It looks like it will be tons of fun and will be great for the sport and the small town. And no better organization than NBRA to get this done. You all have your ducks in a row!!
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

This is really looking good! What great potiental for boat racing in general. I discussed some of the details with Jeff Ruth on Sat and it was very interesting and encouraging. Opportunities like this don't come along very often. Lets all pitch-in and take full advantage of this one. Also, our support of Lucas Oil would go a long way in solidifying a deal. Full participation at the event by a whole lot of racers would have the potential to etch it in concrete. Congratulations to all those that are making this happen. Jack

Comment

What makes a successful boat race? Turn out, running the schedule off in a timely manner, no or allot of crashes, but my favorite is close side by side racing. If you time the races, the racer will pull ahead as far as he can to get the fastest elapse time and thus a best chance to win(money?). If you do not time the event, then close raceing can occur. There will often be a tie and the first and second money is split between the two competitors. I like a show that has little crashes, boats are pulled to the center and the race goes on, and the drivers make it a show by racing side by side. We all go home early and the sponsor is happy.

Comment

You are so correct in all of your suggestions & comments.No one wants to twiddle their thumbs,{especially the spectators} A race should be close,with no one ahead by 3 boat links,and a little side-by- side makes for an exciting race.Not only for the crowd but for the racers on the bank and the officials..
                            Patsy L-74

Comment

I like side-side coming across the starting line.. but after that pardner... I'd just as soon "drink alone,, I'd rather be by myself", way out front.

George Thurgood - Bad to the bone!
                              Last edited by ram95; 01-24-2011, 07:57 PM. Reason: one bourbon, one scotch, one beer

Comment

Working...
                              X