Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter's weight ASR

Originally posted by B1PRORACER View Post
    Honorable mention to Ray Hammond (45-J), Wayne Seeburg (Oroville Natl Champ.) and Max McPeek (Blue Max).
    Way...... back in 1980 @ Wakefield, I was 50# overweight in ASR and was fastest qualifier in ASR. Cooper said something about me making the BSR weight! I don't know if he would remember?
    I don't remember actually saying that but sounds like something I might have said. Sled and I still joke about our weight and "trying to" run "A". Frank Cicci
    was fast in 80 as well as NY's Nelsons. Wayne Seeburg beat my comp record that year.
    I was fast in 1981 but blew it in the finals at Dayton.

Add Roger Hoffman to the "A" list for us older fellows.

Cooper

Comment

Asr

Andy Hansen!!!

He's a beast!

Awesome driver and still works harder than most ever will!!!

- Mike Pavlick

Comment

I just remembered

Have to add Russell Eckman to 12 finalists in AU.
        He dominated in the early 60's winning two nationals with his Hustle Russell
        hull built by Charlie Erdman.

Cooper

Comment

Never finished Wakefeild

Originally posted by dholt View Post
          So Peter, what happened in the finals in 1980? I know how disappointing it is to be fastest qualifier and not come home in 1st.
          We never got all the classes completed at Wakefield in 1980.

Cooper

Comment

Remember it well................

Originally posted by champhotrod View Post
            We never got all the classes completed at Wakefield in 1980.

Cooper
            Cooper
            In 1980 we wound up running the DSH final late on MONDAY after everybody had gone home!! We had multiple restarts and it was FREEZING cold and windy. I have never seen Edgar Rose inspect a motor as fast as he did that day in the pavillion!!

I thought we were the last class to run...........don't remember other classes being cancelled????

Hemp, Berghauer and I battled it out in what i remember as one of the better DSH finals i ever competed in......

Comment

Coop,

That was 1982 that we got blown out for part of Finals in Wakefield.

1980 ran the full schedule.

Comment

Sorry

Originally posted by dholt View Post
                Coop,

That was 1982 that we got blown out for part of Finals in Wakefield.

1980 ran the full schedule.
                I got a mind like a steel trap but it rusted shut. Right idea, wrong year.
                Some couldn't stay for Monday in 1980????

Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by champhotrod View Post
                  Some couldn't stay for Monday in 1980????

Cooper
                  I believe most of the racers who got held over to Monday stayed but everyone else were long gone!! After we cleared inspection we were handed our trophy and were on the road! Those were the days when only the Wisconsin guys got to pit on the inspection side of the lake and the rest of us fought it out on the road side of the lake. Funny how those 'turf' wars have dissapeared and we are all one big happy family now.

I can't remember to many other Nationals that got held over to Monday. Our current format that most sponsoring clubs use seems to make sense. Use Sunday as the 'blow out' day.

Comment

1957 Nationals Worcester MA

Matt: The DSH class was held over to Monday during the 1957 Worcester MA Nationals. At that time the number of boats in finals competing was 16. What a sight. Also, that year a tornado blew through causing much damage to the surrounding area.

Don Graham

Comment

1957!! Good year.

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      Matt: The DSH class was held over to Monday during the 1957 Worcester MA Nationals. At that time the number of boats in finals competing was 16. What a sight. Also, that year a tornado blew through causing much damage to the surrounding area.

Don Graham
                      Dana will have to back us up but my guess would be Larry Castagneto or Dick O'Dea took home the DSH crown that year!!

Here's a fun fact for ya........Richard K. O'Dea aka. RKO Theatres was O'Dea's fathers family business that they sold.!! Woo Hoo. Time for a nap! Lol.

Comment

1957 dsh

Winner was William Holloway. 2nd straight year.

Don Baldacini won in 1958.
                        Dick O'Dea in '59.

Wait till you all see the DSH fantasy final. Holy smokes what a field.

Comment

How do we get 16 boat fields back on the SORC agenda for next week's meeting? That would be awesome.

I would also like to motion that BSR would be the only exception. They would have 20.

Comment

I agree with Donny except it should be 20 in all runabout classes! Hell, lets add beach starts and right turns!
                            Dan Wilde
                            58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Working...
                            X