No announcement yet.

Step by Step Building a hydroplane / MRC is up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The D Mod is getting close. It is in the paint shop and should have some pictures real soon. Then I have to finish the cockpit area and install the running gear, numbers and windshield. Should have the fuel tank any day. Only a week and four days till the first test.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Runabout

Mr. Boyes he would be running a 102 yamato!
      DUSTIN HAMILTON TOP GUN RACING 11-Z
      No Backing Out

Comment

• Last set of pictures till the boat is completed. Paint is done and now time to install hardware and test fire the engine. First decal to go on is the all important Seabee sticker.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mike,
          This boat is looking very nice; work worthy of being proud of for sure.
          Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymond View Post
            Mike,
            This boat is looking very nice; work worthy of being proud of for sure.
            Wish I was not running out of time but it will do for now. Hope to test a week from Friday

Comment

• sweet ride

looks great mike. hope your D-Mod smile is as big as the C-Mod smile a couple weeks ago. really nice job...

where did that cool tank come from? i want one.
              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

• Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
                looks great mike. hope your D-Mod smile is as big as the C-Mod smile a couple weeks ago. really nice job...

where did that cool tank come from? i want one.
                Bill, Send Allan at Aeroline Race Boats an E-mail or PM on HR and he will set you up with a tank. He goes by OldracerBU on Hydroracer. I think he has everything cause he has saved my bacon a lot on this project. I know he has 6 or 7 more in stock.

I can hardly wait to try her out. I think I will have to good boats for this year.

Comment

• Tank

I have never driven a hydro but if that tank were in a runabout you would have it out and bouncing around before you finished the first lap. Put another bungee around the other side of the filler cap at least. Not criticizing just trying to help.
                  kk

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy karl View Post
                    I have never driven a hydro but if that tank were in a runabout you would have it out and bouncing around before you finished the first lap. Put another bungee around the other side of the filler cap at least. Not criticizing just trying to help.
                    kk
                    Hydros are a lot smoother from what I have seen compared to runabouts. I have only watched runabouts. Runabouts have to much Hippity hoppity for me. But I will put another bungee on when I start the final install. I have never had a tank that was not attached to the motor.

Comment

• It is my birthday and for a present to my self the boat is done. I am just waiting for a GPS mount and my new BIG number stop watch. This took way longer than I figured but I was working on motors and motor parts locating also so time just flew by. We were suppose to go testing this weekend but they have drained the rivers to get ready for the run off so just going camping.

Can you tell we love "Deadlist Catch" and the bad boy of the fleet! Every boat needs a name
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice

That looks really good Mike. I hope she is as fast as it looks !!

Time Bandit boys are not new to boat racing. They have docked in Seattle I think it was and watched the unlimited run and partied. I think Pat Gleason posted pics a while back.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                          That looks really good Mike. I hope she is as fast as it looks !!

Time Bandit boys are not new to boat racing. They have docked in Seattle I think it was and watched the unlimited run and partied. I think Pat Gleason posted pics a while back.
                          I was there the year the Northwestern showed up. It was a big hit. Not sure about the Time Bandit but maybe it was later. We love that program and the Axmen. Especially love Shelby Stanga and Jimmy and James

Comment

• A few more pictures. I am now going to start working on a throttle set up that will work on the lower carb. Had to get the boat finished and something that will get us on the water first.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                              They are also involved in offshore racing.

http://www.timebanditoffshoreracing.com/
                              Sattler Racing R-15
                              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                              TEAM VRP
                              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• That is a nice birthday present Mike! Once you drive it you will not want to go back to the C-mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X