No announcement yet.

Yelm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prob would have bin more records but wind and water rough alot of the time,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
      prob would have bin more records but wind and water rough alot of the time,,,,

Were you close?
      Sattler Racing R-15
      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
      TEAM VRP
      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Wow, karnage!
        The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

New quote for my marathon training:
        Pushing the limits means getting out of your comfort zone.

Comment

got some great speed readings when we hit smoth water,,,with my new motor but smooth water seem to be missing 95% of time for form-e hydro class always windy

Comment

Yep, Lawrence was a doooozy!

Friday, testing went great as we posted times over the record in D, 20 and OSY.

Saturday morning, OSY was second out with the best water of the weekend and we upped the 1 mile record to 63.698; or so we thought. Water for the rest of the weekend was nothing to write home about...and then came Carl and Sue's wedding. Looking back, I should have called it a weekend after the wedding and just slept in and enjoyed an easy Sunday.

20ssh was second up on Sunday. Perman nailed the start, with Kelly following and myself in third in a 9 boat field. In the second turn, I tripled up a bit of wind, milling wakes and a rooster, went up, came down sideways and snap rolled. Jon Nilsen spun out to avoid the carnage. I looked around 50 feet away form the boat and I saw a few pieces here and there but most of it went to the bottom of the lake. What the picture shows is what was recovered.

The first DSH heat was up fifth and I went and almost broke the record again, but the in the second heat room disappeared quickly in the first turn, rode a rooster again, came down into a slow flat spin saving it from rolling over, but Daren G had nowhere to go and clobbered the motor and back half of the boat. Daren’s left sponson has seen better days.

By 10:30 on Sunday, I had destroy the 20/CSH boat and what was left of it on the bottom of the lake, destroyed my D motor (cowl toast, electronics bad, gear foot cut and mangled (shaft may be ok), tower, swivel bracket and kick-out bracket broke, carbs gone, front half of the case squished, top two cylinders are oval, flywheel is missing magnets but crank looks ok but needs to be measured), badly hurt the Karelson D as the left side of the boat is barely being held on. I scratched the rest of the classes I had that day.

After tearing down the D and getting everything in oil, I decided to go to tech for the OSY. Mind you, this is the 8<sup>th</sup> or 9<sup>th</sup> time this motor has been torn down and inspected – I’m pretty confident it is a legal motor so it was a surprise to me when the inspectors told me that the head was too thin. I was already bummed about the day, so this didn’t surprise me. Only after a bit, and coming out of my daze, we realized that they had done away with the H and I dimensions in the 2009 season, but in the inspectors tech manual, both stock and pro, there was the measurement and we could not get a hold of any of the national inspectors.

So, this morning, we get clarification about the OSY head, but the 305 is still on the bottom of the lake.

I just got a call from Jimi; his fishing ways caught what was left of the 305.

Time to go hibernate and prepare for 2011.
            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

...and I also jumped the gun and blew over at the Push-Boat Nationals....
              http://vitalire.com/

Comment

John, sorry to hear about your sucky weekend. Hope you had at least some fun at Carls wedding.
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I got Pictures!

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                  Ah, but you WERE in RARE FORM Saturday night!

R-19
                  Attached Files
                  www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Last night Carl Lewis (Kyle's dad) got married in the big community hall at the pits....what a party THAT was!

Was the wedding party dressed in orange kevlar or the more formal black kevlar?

Comment

We had a successful salvage operation yesterday. We drug fishing downrigger balls to locate the boat, and Dale Bartley's custom built retrieval hook to pull it up. Amazing it only took 2 hrs.

Jimi O. (305-R)

PS: Guedo forgot to mention we were lucky and won the raffle last weekend (two Oh Boy Oberto racing shirts)!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

how cool is that?!?!

Oh Boy Oberto boat, Oh Boy Oberto tee shirts, and Oh Boy Oberto bobbers (on ground). Talk about branding!

glad to hear you guys found the remains.

Maybe we could hire you to spend some time "fishing" at Rochelle.

Bill
                        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post

John sorry to hear about your bad luck...I thought you were a shoe in for winning the Push-Boat Nationals.
                          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Wow, that's karnage! I have seen some wipe outs over the years but this one took that cake.
                            The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

New quote for my marathon training:
                            Pushing the limits means getting out of your comfort zone.

Comment

I got to say, Guedo has had better days that's for sure. Glad you took the rest of sunday 'off.'

Yelm was a great show again. Thanks to the community club for letting us have the race at lake lawerence west again. Bill Diamond did a fantastic job again being race director. We know this race is hard to put on and finance. Even got through the long schedule on sunday by 5pm! SOA/CORA did a great job backing up with the entries. 270 total for both days!!! WHohooo!

Now for most time to relax. For some it's time to rebuild, for others it almost national meeting time. And for a small few there is Kilo's in 2 weekends in Linclon City, OR for those chasing records and HOC!
                              Kyle Bahl
                              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Guedo - that sucks about Push Boat Nationals, Sunday. Oh sorry to hear about the rest of the Sunday too. Looks like you should of skipped Sunday after Saturday night judging by the picture!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X