Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Smilin George Memorial is officially ON!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Smilin George Memorial is officially ON!!!

I wanted to wait until after Nationals to announce this, but a couple things made me come out with the news a little early.

First is Friday the 27th. There WILL be New Folks in Boats that day from noon till 6PM. If you are interested in helping or if you know someone who would like to participate as a driver please be there NO LATER than 11AM for a drivers meeting/school. THERE WILL BE NO TESTING FOR RACERS.

Second is my need to get T shirts printed up. I have a picture of George that his daughter gave me that is just awesome, I gaurentee you'll love it. BUT I also promised the A/C marathon guys they would be imortalized on this year's shirt (I'm thinking on the back). Here's the problem, my scorers were having so much fun watching a race they didn't have to score that they don't have last years results. Combined with a not so great memory on my part means I need help figuring out who's pictures should go on there. Fortunately we had a LOT of really young guys with really sharp memories running. What I need from you guys is the top 3 teams in A/C Hydro and A/C runabout.

It's going to be another great event, special thanks to Bill and Vicki for getting our permit through. If I don't see you at Orroville hopefully I'll see you at Eatonville.
    Attached Files
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Team Bluesky will be there can't wait to see our friends from the West!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Seriously guys

I know there's a lot going on right now, but I have a deadline for my shirts. Help a brother out here guys.
      Moby Grape Racing
      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

dude i got nothing....I think JMK won one of the A parts, but not sure who his partner was...
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Me and Kyle Lewis took 3rd in AC runabout, Guido and Drew 2rd, Mikey and Salmon 1st I believe.
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

A/C marathon

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
            I know there's a lot going on right now, but I have a deadline for my shirts. Help a brother out here guys.
            Tony, regarding the A/C marathon I can help you with the first two places as my boys played a part in it. First place went to the team of Mike Bartlett and Jamie Nilsen. Second place went to the team of Kyle Hannon and Jonathan Nilsen. Not sure about third, maybe someone else will speak up.

Hope this helps.
            Jim

Comment

A/C hydro marathon

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post
              Tony, regarding the A/C marathon I can help you with the first two places as my boys played a part in it. First place went to the team of Mike Bartlett and Jamie Nilsen. Second place went to the team of Kyle Hannon and Jonathan Nilsen. Not sure about third, maybe someone else will speak up.

Hope this helps.
              Jim
              This was the hydro marathon.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am REALLY close now.

All I need is 3rd place A/C hydro and I have a shirt! c'mon guys, somebody knows!
                Moby Grape Racing
                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

One more bump

OK, since nobody knows who placed 3rd in A/C hydro I think the only fair thing to do is just put the winners on the shirt. Sorry to the other finishers, we'll try to keep better track this year.
                  Moby Grape Racing
                  "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                    OK, since nobody knows who placed 3rd in A/C hydro I think the only fair thing to do is just put the winners on the shirt. Sorry to the other finishers, we'll try to keep better track this year.
                    Sounds like a plan to me. It was sure fun to watch but I have "mad cow" and don't remember anything!

Comment

Tony, is the SOA site going to have on line registration up soon. All I see for an option is Cullaby lake.

Comment

We will also be there Thursday so we can help with the new drivers program on Friday with boat, motor, driver suit, helmet if needed.

Comment

APBA Race CircularRegatta:Smilin' George RegattaEvent Date: 8/27/2010 – 8/29/2010Conducting Club:SEATTLE OUTBOARD ASSOCIATIONTest Date: 8/27/2010 Region: 10 Sanction ID: 10816 Approved Place:Eatonville, WA - Silver LakeReceived Date:6/14/2010 Approved Date:7/22/2010
                          Directions:I-5 North or South to Hwy. 512, then 2nd exit to Hwy. 7. Follow Hwy. 7 towards Eatonville.
                          Go 15 miles to Silver Lake, exit on right.
                          Address: 40608 Silver Lake Rd. E, Eatonville, WA 98328

Accommodations:Camping & RV hook-ups on site - first come/first served. $20 fee per weekend; cabins $75 per night.
                          Motels in Eatonville (limited).

Course:Approx. 1 mile - 3 laps. NOT approved for records.

Start Type:Clock start for all, EXCEPT Marathon.

Classes:: FRIDAY TESTING: NEW FOLKS IN BOATS ONLY.
                          Friday, August 27, 201004000 PRO OUTBOARD04190 K PRO H05000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD06000 STOCK OUTBOARD11000 J CLASSES Saturday, August 28, 201004000 PRO OUTBOARD04190 K PRO H05000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD06000 STOCK OUTBOARD11000 J CLASSES Sunday, August 29, 201004000 PRO OUTBOARD04190 K PRO H05000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD06000 STOCK OUTBOARD11000 J CLASSES

Prizes:Shirts and/or Merchandise. Trophies for J.
                          Presentation Saturday after racing in front of cabins.

Registration:Friday - NEW FOLKS TESTING - 11:00 AM at boat ramp

RACING REGISTRATION:
                          Fri., 8/28 - 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - in front of cabins
                          Sat., 8/29 - 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
                          Sun., 8/30 - 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.

Driver Meeting:Friday - 11:00 - at boat ramp - (for New Folks Testing only.)
                          Saturday and Sunday - in front of cabins - 9:00 a.m.

Entry Fees:Adult: 1st - $40, 2nd - $25, 3rd+: $15 * * * * * Youth: 1st - $20, 2nd - $15, 3rd+: $10 * * * * * A-C Marathon: $10

Send Entries To:ON-LINE REGISTRATION PREFERRED: www.seattleoutboard.org
                          -Or- Lisa Peterson, 17802 SE 196th Dr., Renton, WA 98058

Officials:Race Director (51638) BRIAN PERMAN, 25526 223RD CT SE, MAPLE VALLEY, WA
                          Referee (1) RICK SANDSTROM, P O BOX 12295, MILL CREEK, WA
                          Assistant Referee (3964) MIKE PERMAN, 25526 223RD CT SE, MAPLE VALLEY, WA
                          Inspector (2499) DAVID ANDERSON, 18 19TH AVE, KIRKLAND, WA
                          Inspector (10080) AARON PETERSON, 17802 SE 196TH DR, RENTON, WA
                          Scorer (10960) LISA PETERSON, 17802 SE 196TH DR, RENTON, WA
                          Scorer (75073) LINDA WILLIAMS, 2072 HOQUIAM CT NE, RENTON, WA
                          Risk Manager (12487) DAVID SALMON, 16004 27TH AVE NE, SHORELINE, WA

Notes:FRIDAY TESTING: NEW FOLKS IN BOATS ONLY!
                          Local Class: A-C Marathon. NO POINTS. A-C Runabout Marathon-Saturday * * * A-C Hydro Marathon-Sunday.
                          Rules:
                          1) Each team will consist of 1 A stock and 1 C stock driver.
                          2) Teams will be selected based on Saturday's heat racing.
                          3) A stock will be the first class to run. A LeMans start will be used.
                          4) At the completion of the 5th lap a white flag will be flown for each A stock driver. After rounding turn 2 the driver will come off plane at the special marker buoy and come to the end of the T-dock off plane.
                          5) The A stock driver will then WALK down the dock and tag their C stock teammate.
                          6) The C stock driver will then get in their boat and complete 6 laps.

Classes will be combined at the discretion of the Race Committee. - QUIET TIME 10:00 PM. - TRAILER FEE OF $20.00 PER WEEKEND. - Dogs on leash at ALL times. - In case of cancellation due to weather conditions, club will keep first entry fee to defray costs. - Running of motors not permitted before 9:00 AM or after 6:00PM. - NO testing on Silver Lake week prior to race.

This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
                          All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Online registration

I just got off the phone with Pat Gleason, he is having problems getting the online registration working for this race while on the road. Check back around Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know if there's still issues.

On the good news side, Oregon Race Rescue will be there for New Folks testing on Friday. Also on the good news side I just recieved confirmation that Oberto will once again be sponsoring our prize shirts, so please remember to Eat Like An Alpha and help support the good folks at Oh Boy Oberto.
                            Moby Grape Racing
                            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

[QUOTE=propnuts;163205]I just got off the phone with Pat Gleason, he is having problems getting the online registration working for this race while on the road. Check back around Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know if there's still issues.

We will try again later in the week. Thanks Tony and Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X