No announcement yet.

Notes from KampKurz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Kurt finished in the top three in C. Not sure if Kim Park was 2nd. or 3rd. Charlie Smith in 25 was faster than all of the C's and many of the D's on two days combined time.

Comment

devils elbow

Well us first five or six C boats were packed in like sardines on the first stretch of crooked river... and i came into the corner to fast trying to get around Adam Lowe. I started on his outside and thought if i kept on the outside I would stuff the outside wall. So instead I tried to cut to the inside where he gave me room to do so, then i squeezed the throttle and turned the wheel.... As I did that, his inside wake pushed me and I packed the seawall on the inside of the corner.... Took two or three guys to get my boat out of the wall... My neck sliced through my cowling (or i should say my cowling sliced through my neck), my chest ripped my dash and steering wheel off and a little repair is needed on the nose of the boat. Everyone on the shore was very helpful.. Feeding me beers and offering to have me stay for a nice turkey dinner. On top of all that my only sponsor, Lisa Scholfield owner of Tigerlillys, was at the house I crashed!... All-in-all it couldn't have happened at a better spot!

Comment

Ahhhh ok, when I went past the carnage it looked like you might have done a header over the spray shield. Glad to hear there was no serious damage to you or the boat. Hopefully we will see you in Sept. So has your wife asked when your going to give it up, mine did on the way home........LOL. I told her not anytime soon .

Sam,

Comment

yea she was almost in tears when i came and saw her..... but i told her i live for that stuff.... and it would be like her giving up her favorite which is softball

Comment

Working...
          X