25SSR Record Smashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25SSR Record Smashed

Today, I signed a record application for Mike Perman for 25SSR on the one mile, three lap course at Eatonville, WA. Mr. Perman established the record at 54.381 mph. That is over 1 mile per hour faster than the old record! The old record was set by David Dewald at the Dayton Hydrobowl in 1989 at 53.2 mph. Congratulations to Mike Perman! It's nice to see this class being revived on the West Coast too. Eddie the Chairman.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Was it set by a Mercury or a Yamato restricted?
    mike ross

Comment

Restricted Yamato

Comment

Any other records set?

Any other records set?

Comment

More Records

At that Eatonville race, Jonathan Nilsen set a record in 20ss with a restricted 302. Can't recall the speed. I believe there may have been at least one other record set there, but CRS is getting the best of me.

This weekend at Lake Lawrence, there were three records set on a 3/4 mile course. Kyle Hannon broke the existing AXSR record in all three heats he ran, the best being 41.9 mph. Allen Thorsen set two records: C Service Runabout at 47.468 mph and C Racing Hydro at 54.403 mph.

Weather conditions were not conducive to record setting (wind and rain), but were no where near as miserable as what you folks are experiencing back East.

Photos from Lawrence will be up tonight (some time), including the awesome Push Boat Nationals (no records there either - it was run on a non-record course).
          Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
          sigpic
          Portland, Oregon
          Johnson Racing

Comment

The 20ssH record for Jonathon didn't end up in his favor, although he is still smokin' fast and I am sure will have it handled next year.....I don't remember anything else from Eatonville either, I know there were a number of people who were very very close.................................

Comment

Oops

That's happens when you leave before all the inspections are done.

I didn't hear about the 4th record of the weekend at Lawrence being disallowed until the drive home.
              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
              sigpic
              Portland, Oregon
              Johnson Racing

Comment

Always the last to know................ it is too bad for the Nilsen's, I don't think there was any speed advantage, he is still going to have his day.

Comment

Why is it so amazing that the 25 runabout record has been broken? Dewald's record should have been frozen. That was the real record for 25ssr! This class is a joke. I do not mean disrespect to Mike Perman or anyone that races this with a restricted yamato. He has followed APBA's rules for the class and should be commended. I would have thought we had learned something from C2H, but now we have to deal with C2R every weekend. Slow the yamatos down this winter if you want to make it a class for everyone. Not just another CSR class with Vic Brinkman the only one to be able to beat them on a good day. I dont know how to make the changes, but I sure hope someone sacks it up and does it. Just my opinion, go ahead and jump on me!
                  Last edited by Jeff Brewster 59s; 09-20-2004, 04:57 PM.
                  http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

People have that restricted 302 figured out and propped right now. And now they are as fast as CSR with out the weight. It may be time to lower the height to the 25ssr 1 3/8" rather than the CSR 3/4" The weight is the same why not make the height the same. The support motor is beginning to dominate the class.

We need to take a hard look at our classes 6 OMC classes and 4 302 classes. I think and that is just Stock and J

Scott R
                    Last edited by reed28n; 09-20-2004, 05:52 PM. Reason: want to add

Comment

25SSR: Scott and Jeff make good points about this class. With new ownership/management at Hot Rod promising wider availability of these engines, maybe it's time to take a hard look at additional parity for other engines in the classes largely populated by the Yamatos.

Comment

Lets take a look at what has happened with the 25ss class. #1 the 25ss Mercury is still faster than the Yamatos. The problem with the mercury is no one was willing to build a new boat and get out and test it so they could be as competitive as Brian Rodes was this year. Vic Brinkman is always going to be fast as he is always testing and developing the Mercury. As far as the Yamatos go. Dewey, Rich Runne, Matt Gallager, Jerry Davids, Andy Anderson, and I'm sure I missed a few are the best of the best in the C class currently. So what we have is the absolute best c drivers putting a restrictor in there curren't rigs competing against 1 or 2 Mercury drivers who have put some effort into the re-dvelopement of the old 25 as we new it. I give Brian Rodes a lot of credit as he came to the nationals with a new rig set up with a Mercury and showed everyone that his rig was every bit as competitive as the Yamatos. He did win the 1st heat at the nationals this year. And in my opinion the 25ssr final was one of the most competitive finals this year. Over half the field had a chance to win this class. We all know that if the class is to grow we need to able to get motors easily. The Yamato's are proof of that. Any class the Yamato are able to be run in is one of our higher class totals. So lets get those old Mercury drivers and there equipment and get out to the garage and do as Brian Rodes did. Work hard, test, and bring that game face to Dayton and lets see who wins next year.
                        Mike. ( Watch out for that Pink Boat Thanks John Runne and Vicky Smth )
                        mike ross

Comment

It is my understanding that the restrictor used in the Yamato's for 25ssR is the 9/16 restrictor. Has anyone tested the 1/2 restrictor, as used for the 102 and 302 in 20ssH, for the Yamatos in 25ssR class. If so, is there any difference and would this help the parity in the class?
                          Joe Silvestri
                          CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                          JH/JR

Comment

Nilsen Record in 20ss

Anyone know what make boat he was driving in the attempt to set that 20ss record?

Was it this one, see attachment?

"Jonathan Nilsen set a record in 20ss with a restricted 302"
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Composite Specialties; 09-21-2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

If you want parity we should look at the weight to be changed as this is the simplest way to even out a speed disadvantage. Remember we are looking to change the Yamatos and we are the group that has kept this class alive. We are making all these changes due to the lack of work by the orignal class participants with the Mercurys. I sure would like to see those Mercury guys making an efforrt to keep this class alive. The Yamato guys like racing against each other twice a day. Come on you Mercury guys lets here some of your ideas. Mike
                              mike ross

Comment

Working...
                              X