2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's & Title Series Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's & Title Series Race

Okay, I have some information to share! The NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals will be held April 17th. The NBRA Title Series Race will be held Sunday, April 18the. Lake Buhlow will be closed to the public Thursday thru Sunday. Thursday and Friday, testing will be at your own risk. Below you will find the plan of events, of what we have so far.
    Saturday - April 17
    8:00 - Testing until 10:00
    10:15 - Driver's Meeting
    11:00 - NBRA Short Course Nat's Racing begins
    5:00 - End of Race
    7:00 - Awards Presentation followed by an auction and a Taste of Louisiana, Yum!!
    Sunday - April 18
    There will be no testing
    9:00 - Driver's Meeting
    10:00 - NBRA Title Series Race begins

Prize money will be paid to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of each class, determined by points combined from Saturday & Sunday. Prize money will be paid only to the classes that race both Saturday & Sunday. Prize money will be mailed, due to time restraints.

Hotel Information: Let them know you are with NBRA!
    Days Inn - Pineville 318-640-5818
    Ramada Inn - Alex - $65 - 318-448-1611 (the old Roadway Inn)

Driver's gather anything you don't use anymore. Your junk may be someone elses treasure!! We are having an auction and the money raised will go towards prize money!!! Ladies, bring your items also! We are going to have a great time! Last year's first attempt at the auction was great fun. Lots of items were donated, but I never would have thought it would have been over $1500's worth of stuff. We were Surprised!! This is great news for anyone looking to raise prize money. Hope to see everyone there!!
    Last edited by Shebert; 04-12-2010, 01:24 PM.
    Shane Hebert
    15L

You know Patsy and i will be there, S/E E/R maybe csh WE allways have a grest time there, Maybe we can raise the bar and get $100 for Vernons picture, LOL see ya all in April
    Jeff

Comment

I'm now planning on making the NBRA Short Course Nationals in Pineville in April. Decided to not make the Rainbow City run. My stellar driver will accompany me or I will accompany him. So, 1 CMod Hydro and 1 CSH. Jack

Comment

Great to hear that you will be in Pineville Jack. I plan on being there as well and look forward to finally meeting you.
        "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

I too have changed my plans and now will be attending the NBRA Shortcourse Nationals as stated by 3-T's "Lustrous" boat owner in the above post

"Team Austin" will be in the House!

Comment

Long live Texas! Now we gotta be sure to leave some trohpies for some of them other boy's too. We don't want to bring ALL the winnin's back here to Texas...or do we???
            "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

adress or map for Lake Buhlow

Originally posted by Shebert View Post
              Okay, I have some information to share! The NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals will be held April 17th. The NBRA Title Series Race will be held Sunday, April 18the. Lake Buhlow will be closed to the public Thursday thru Sunday. Thursday and Friday, testing will be at your own risk. Below you will find the plan of events, of what we have so far.
              Saturday - April 17
              8:00 - Testing until 10:00
              10:15 - Driver's Meeting
              11:00 - NBRA Short Course Nat's Racing begins
              5:00 - End of Race
              7:00 - Awards Presentation followed by an auction and a Taste of Louisiana, Yum!!
              Sunday - April 18
              There will be no testing
              9:00 - Driver's Meeting
              10:00 - NBRA Title Series Race begins

Prize money will be paid to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of each class, determined by points combined from Saturday & Sunday. Prize money will be paid only to the classes that race both Saturday & Sunday. Prize money will be mailed, due to time restraints.

Hotel Information: Let them know you are with NBRA!
              Days Inn - Pineville - $50 - 318-640-5818
              Days Inn - Alex $50 - 318-443-1841
              Ramada Inn - Alex - $65 - 318-448-1611 (the old Roadway Inn)

Driver's gather anything you don't use anymore. Your junk may be someone elses treasure!! We are having an auction and the money raised will go towards prize money!!! Ladies, bring your items also! We are going to have a great time! Last year's first attempt at the auction was great fun. Lots of items were donated, but I never would have thought it would have been over $1500's worth of stuff. We were Surprised!! This is great news for anyone looking to raise prize money. Hope to see everyone there!!

Is there a street adress or map for this somewhere?
              I will be in Charlotte NC and was considering APBA Mod Nats in Alabama on same weekend?

Thanks,
              Anthony McCulloch
              modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change
              sigpic
              They want it cheap

Comment

why did nbra schedule there nats same weekend as apba ?? or other way around??? seems takeing away entries for both ???

Comment

The APBA race is at the Greensport Marina which shows up if using Google maps.The Lat/long is 33 50" 43 N 86 04"-13 W. Jack

Comment

the orginal APBA race was to be held in Jessip ga. and was changed because of the lake, NBRA had allready commited to Pineville LA on this date and couldnt be changed, but heres the thing if you dont go and have a good boat race experience on this weekend you must be out of your head
                    Jeff

Comment

Anthony, the NBRA Southern Short Course Nationals and Title Series Race will be at Lake Buhlow, which is in Pineville, LA. The Latitude is 31.330852, Longitude is -92.444479. I hope this helps.
                      Shane Hebert
                      15L

Comment

Please do not misinterpret:
                        the USTS Titile Series PRO race of April 16, 17, 18 is to be held in Ocoee FL and not in LA. I would respectfully request that the use of "Title Series" be clearly determined as to whose name is being used here. Thank you for your consideration and your future accuracy.
                        PeteG
                        Pres USTS

Comment

Originally posted by PETEG View Post
                          Please do not misinterpret:
                          the USTS Titile Series PRO race of April 16, 17, 18 is to be held in Ocoee FL and not in LA. I would respectfully request that the use of "Title Series" be clearly determined as to whose name is being used here. Thank you for your consideration and your future accuracy.
                          PeteG
                          Pres USTS
                          I don't see any way of confusing the two seeing as NBRA doesn't runs PROs. I believe everyone understands that. Should be a fun weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. We were going to make the drive to AL to race with the APBA folks again. But I would hate to have to pay 600 dollars to race again... So have to go NBRA on this one. It's more affordable.
                          John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                          Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                          Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                          Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

For those of you who have never been to Lake Buhlow, there are limited camp spots with hook-ups, and also there is a bathroom facility. We are having the Knights of Coloumbus come out and run the concession stand again. They had some great burgers last year. It's going to be a great weekend!
                            Shane Hebert
                            15L

Comment

I can attest to the great burgers and anyone who has been there knows that this one of the premiere race sites in the country. It would take some doin' to convince me there is a better place to race.

Comment

Working...
                              X